No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Yeimy12345
    Yeimy12345 Posts: 3 Newbie
    This is some bs, how they going to take away the back function, i was able to pass difficult levels by previewing levels and lining up power ups,,,, why would you even mess with this feature, fix it asap please...a very frustrated customer.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019

King's decision of taking away the Free Board Reset 

at this time of the year is like having our Christmas Stolen from us.

• steinein
    steinein Posts: 95 Level 2

I’ve been playing for 5… 6 (?) years and have seen features come and go (King giveth and King taketh away).

I've always had more than one account, and only one has allowed the "no loss exit" (and others have said the same). So obviously something is very amiss with this so called "exploit fix", though King will never admit it.

They often "fix" what is not broken (in order to maximize profits). But guess what, King !?! People who have not given you so much as a single cent so far (like myself) aren't going to start now just because you made the game a little harder.

With all that said...

Pounawea ...

... or anyone else from King that might be reading, IMHO, a list of things that ACTUALLY need to be fixed (in no particular order):

- Allow “tap to skip” earlier, so we’re not waiting for (sometimes endless) cascades to finish.

- The recently added opaque/cloudy white square-ish blockers (I don’t know their official name) are impossible to see through (if you’re like me with bad eyesight). Get rid of them or make them more see-through.

- The rating system is often wrong and/or out of sync (ex: a level marked as hard is actually easy and the next one, not marked, is a killer).

- Instead of randomizing booster wins, allow players to pick from a short list (right now I have over 130 color bombs and no lollypops or hand/switches).

- Permanently activate the option to pick when you want to claim your candy drop reward(s). I had this for a day (a week or two ago?) and then it disappeared. If not, fix the fact that when the game can’t reach the server (ex: offline play) the booster wins are lost forever.

- Permanently cancel the booster contests where players compete with others to complete (new) levels. Those of us who play the newest episodes immediately upon their general release are limited to the number of levels released and therefore are at a complete disadvantage.

- Stop the random popups of the “Power-Ups” sidebar. Does anyone really care their status of those things?

- Nearly every single episode about half-way through one or two level buttons end up behind the Power Ups sidebar button. Adjusting the outer right curve of the “road map” a few millimeters to the left (or moving the buttons up a little) will solve this issue.

- Reduce the number/frequency of end game (loss) popups. Any player who has gone past the basic introduction levels know what it means to lose a level. Showing us multiple separate graphics telling us we failed is overkill.

- Reduce the number/frequency of the “hey look at this ranking list” popups or allow players to suppress them if they want (even if just for a limited time like 12 hours at a time). While the weekend “candy island” contests have a “keep me updated” box you can uncheck (which I always do), it doesn’t work.

- Reduce the number/frequency of the “buy me” popups, or allow players to suppress them if they want (even if just for a limited time like 12 hours at a time). For example - I have never (nor will I ever) buy the gold from the piggybank, so I do not need to be reminded every five minutes that it is full.

- Give the players the option to go to a level by its number. We are allowed (and lately encouraged) to play and “master” old levels, but it is a drag having to scroll endlessly to get to them. There is a “go up to top” button, so why not (at the least) a “go down to bottom“ button too.

- The algorithm/randomizer (?) that selects the Fantastic Five “teams” keeps using players that never log on (dead accounts).

- Add a failsafe to the “load screen” booster selections so that if someone accidentally goes into a level with a booster they didn’t want to use (this happens a lot) they can get out without losing everything or having to play the level (and wasting the booster either way). We have to confirm their use now on the “in-level” selections, so why not as the levels load. *** This is only an issue since the so-called “exploit fix”. ***

- Stop pre-releasing (nerfed or otherwise) levels to a select few (video creators/superfans).

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    I think that this whole debacle is simply a ploy by King in order to ramp up spending by players foolish enough to spend money on a free game while spirits are high during the holiday season. 

Take away a very popular strategical feature of the game(under the completely ludicrous guise of it being unintended) that’s been there for years - and not to mention already addressed for certain players already earlier this year - then reinstate it shortly before Christmas in the hopes that players will be so thankful they spend even more money than they normally would due to the company’s “graciousness”.  

Anyone who in the past has spent money to play this completely free game deserves what they have gotten out of this.  I can only hope that all of you finally realize the error of your ways and refuse to patronize this company in the future seeing as how they can completely change the rules of the game(not to mention the number of moves of all levels) at their whim.

• WatchMEcRush21
    WatchMEcRush21 Posts: 43 Level 2

Well my cosmic climb came to a quick stop on a “easy level.”  Time for Netflix....

Any bets that the Studio makes an official announcement by Monday?  🤑
  • mercerik
    edited December 2019
    ----
    *Edited by CM: please keep the discussion around this topic only

• yanmei
    yanmei Posts: 5 Level 2
    3rd and final time I’m commenting on this thread. Think it’s very clear that the change will not be reversed and I’m deleting the game today. Good luck to all who still harbour hope. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited December 2019

Lives are useless.   I have no idea why people complain about them and the daily spin wheel that “never lands on jackpot”.  

I find it hilarious that King has not made an official response to this after a week, thousands of negative comments on various feedback platforms, and massive amounts of players leaving the game.
  • mercerik
    mercerik said:
    HI Everyone!

Have you seen this news before? This was published on March 11, 2015
    by Business Insider.com It is amazing that after being sued, this
    practice is still going on, on Candy Crush Saga.
    This is a must read!

Title: One of the most downloaded gaming apps is being sued for denying "lives"

Click on the link below:

https://www.businessinsider.com/candy-crush-accused-of-intentional-profiteering-by-denying-lives-according-to-lawsuit-2015-3

Lives are useless.   I have no idea why people complain about them and the daily spin wheel that “never lands on jackpot”.  

I find it hilarious that King has not made an official response to this after a week, thousands of negative comments on various feedback platforms, and massive amounts of players leaving the game.
    Hi there, @Dirty_Nurse !

Unfortunately, finding information in this thread is like finding a needle in a haystack. It is exponentially crazy! The CM is taking us for a ride, telling us that the Official Communication will be published in this forum. His other posting is saying "We are still working together with the Studio and, for now, I cannot confirm yet whether the official communication will be published today or not." It has been 11 agonizing days. Think about it, what are they working on that is not progressing. It is totally ridiculous. 

You can search for his 2 thread messages or you can go to page 50 and read my responses to his unbelievable reasoning. His postings were both Quoted so it is easier to find than swiping up and down which is dizzying. In his second message, he said there are no plans to undo the recent changes. I don't think he can do anything about this fiasco. Check it out and let me know what you think. 
  • rondae78
    rondae78 Posts: 4 Newbie
    It's funny, I spend more time reading the post here than I do playing the game. I have five quick losses each night and I still refuse to spend more money until they fix the "fix". 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?