No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• jdlopez08
    jdlopez08 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited December 2019
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    ----
    *Edited by CM: please keep the discussion around this topic only
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5

Lives are useless.   I have no idea why people complain about them and the daily spin wheel that “never lands on jackpot”.  
    I find it hilarious that King has not made an official response to this after a week, thousands of negative comments on various feedback platforms, and massive amounts of players leaving the game.

@dirty_nurse...

I don't think I'd use the word hilarious, but you're right. It's been over a week of "We're gonna get to you soon" statements to string people along and keep the hopeful players playing juuuuust a while longer. They know there are optimists doing just that, still spending if that's what they do already. 

I do understand why people complain about the daily jackpot after years of playing and never landing on it; seems rigged to tic right past it every time, right? Well, I've hit the Jackpot on the wheel three times! There's a "sweet spot" on the wheel and if you hit the stop button on that spot your odds of success increase significantly. It's obviously not easy to land on, but it can be done. The wheel spins at different speeds, hiccups sometimes, and the jackpot wedge is smaller than the rest. Try to hit the stop button when it's on top of and about to leave the check-mark candy's wedge. 

Lives aren't useless, they're kinda necessary for playing the game, that's why people complain about losing them. 😅The players that pay for them have effectively put a monetary value on them, as well! If they have the money to burn and choose to do it on a video game or a slot machine, it's NOT foolish to them, It's entertainment. Just like going to the movies and paying an arm and a leg so some overpaid actors, producers, and price gouging theater owners get even richer...

I can't undo the edit change to turn off these large bold letters, lol, oops! It just gets worse when I try and I'm not going to rewrite, so, sorry 'bout dat. 😬 

• JethrinaBodina
    edited December 2019

----
    *Edited by CM: please keep the discussion around this topic only
  • xoxolo
    xoxolo Posts: 16 Level 2
    How are lives useless?  
    They aren’t going to fix this because they don’t want the odds to be in our favor ever.   They want you to buy boosters and then still need a lucky board.   Why would anyone purchase boosters just to gamble them like we have to now?  It's pointless to even try to earn them because you finally get boosters and then oops.
    Its stupid that they want us to be patient, like patient as in go ahead and lose all your boosters till we think about how were going to tell you, in terms that won't make you irate or quit or stop buying the now useless boosters, how we aren't giving them back because you might win that way.
  • JethrinaBodina
    edited December 2019
    -----
    Edited by CM: please leet the discussion around this topic only
  • JethrinaBodina
    Pounawea said:

Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?
    If yes, please share it with us here and I'll be taking it to the Studio! Let's discuss together ideas and options that could be implemented to the game in the future!
    Good morning Pounawea,
    Previewing the level will serve no real purpose other than choosing boosters, but they'll still potentially end up in useless  positions, thus robbing the player. There's maybe one way around that...let the players place their boosters where they want them to be before they make the first move. One of each, just like the game. (Bonus boosters will always be random) 

I think that the only real bone King can throw at players is to make other significant changes, such as removing the timer from earned boosters, or at least most of them. 
    Another would be contests that award the Piggy Bank, maybe once a month or something. 

Above all, consistency is missing and very much needed across the various platforms. Android and iOS users should have the same game on every device. If the configuration of the firmware somehow restricts the ability for the game to be exactly the same regardless of the platform, they should still be the same on the individual platforms. That's not rocket science. King HAS to be choosing to hobble a % of random (hopefully not targeted) players.

Someone listed his ideas for improvements and they're all very good, but I like the idea of getting rid of the status updates that come after leaving a level. No one needs to know EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It delays the gameplay and it's annoying. Today, with the two contests running, I have NINE pop-ups to tap through after EVERY level. My stats haven't changed so much that I even care to look at them and I know where to find the info when I do. It's just another obstacle that eats up the timed boosters.

There you have my two cents and ideas. They've been brewing all week! 
    ✌😎
  • snerb
    snerb Posts: 14 Level 2
    Someone called “steinen” (May have spelled wrong) commented earlier but his/her post cannot be found but they made some excellent suggestions for other aspects of the game. The current issue is still the biggest problem of course but everything steinen said was on point especially end the endless scrolling to get to a previously played level. Hey King think about this other reason to change back your “fix”: you are always encouraging those of us who are at the end of CC levels to play previous levels. If I scroll back to where I think a certain fun level was, I go in to check it out, and oops, lost a stupid life just trying to get to a favorite level. By the way, I am still boycotting. Spending too much time reading this thread lol. #boycottcandycrushsaga
  • moycro
    moycro Posts: 1 Newbie
    Have just deleted the app as no longer wish to play without the ability to reset
  • RachDym
    RachDym Posts: 1 Newbie
    I love this game and you have made it so much less fun to play!  
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?