Is there any interest to collect points anymore?

Options
androp
androp Posts: 12 Level 2
I now regularly use the "Skip' or what is it called button after sugar crushing a game because it can take a long time, and also because, apparently, it doesn't really bring any benefit other than having your ego inflated for sitting at the top of the list. Do points still have any useful utility apart from that?

Comments

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,959 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @androp - some people want the points so they can get three stars and now that there are sugar stars - some people try to collect enough points so they can have sugar stars and also collect the trophies.  

However getting a high score can mean getting gold bars.  There are several beat my score challenges throughout some of the different games in the community like the 'beat the Superstar' contests that are going on in the Candy Crush Friends Community.  If you beat the score you can win a free booster and the top three will receive a special badge.
  • toyprincess
    toyprincess Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options
    @bearwithme, am I missing something or are the trophies just for bragging rights? There's no actual rewards for finishing levels with certain trophies? 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,959 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @toyprincess you are correct - there are no special prizes (boosters and/or gold bars) for collecting trophies other than they look pretty and you can earn a new ‘title’. 
  • Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    Options
    Hi, I still get excited to earn more stars but it can be a challenge.
  • TheRevenger
    TheRevenger Posts: 161 Level 3
    Options
    I love how the sugar stars look against the gold crown background. Or, if I didn't complete it on my first try, it looks WAY better than yellow, red an green!
  • dumdumsucker
    dumdumsucker Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Coin collections! Not stars or Or piggy bank or trophys. Talking about Points that earn boosters. 20/40/80/180. Something like that. then it resets Level 3018 and no desire to play anymore without “C”s.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

called sugar drops and been removed from game, loads of us all feel the same major talking point. Check the post upcomming changes and new features ( there is none). also a poll going to for sugar drops return

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    Options

Let's give them a link, or a few of 'em; some folks post just post away & ask ?s later.

But upcoming changes are located here, with the robot issue here & sugar drops here.

Maybe it won't make a darn bit of difference; but they're still open, so WTH?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?