Welcome Christmas and New Year's Eve 2019!

Options

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
    Options

And I'm not done yet.  This week it is Christmas Jokes.  Each game community has different Christmas jokes.  If you click on the video link below you can view the entire project.  Enjoy!

!https://youtu.be/drrChfLXrDM

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Growing up we celebrated Christmas as a religious holiday . We celebrated the birth of Jesus .  We exchanged gifts and spent time as a family by either having a cozy Christmas at home or going to the beach in Texas to have a sunny Christmas vacation break.

Thanks for sharing!  I was not able to celebrate this as a child because I had a different religion.  But now I"m curious so maybe you can answer this for me, or anyone.  When you come from a religious family and I totally understand that it's a religious holiday, how do gifts come into it?  Or even Santa Claus with gifts?  Did it become so much of a commercialized holiday that families started buying presents for each other?
  • summer2201
    summer2201 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Of course Christmas is very commercialized and we all get caught up in that more then the true meaning of Christmas to Christian's. The birth of Jesus is why we celebrate Christmas . We  give and recieve presents at Christmas to remind us of  the presents that the wise men gave to Jesus for his birthday .  I think the one thing we all can have in common about the day is that it is a time to spend with family friends and loved ones . A time that is some what magical to all. As for why santa is in the mix of it all .... I'm not 100% sure but I think it's because there was a saint named saint Nicholas who helped the sick and the poor. But how it is associated intowith Christmas and  Jesus birth I don't know .  

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Thanks for explaining it to me!  Now I understand why the presents.  Yes the Santa thing has to do with Saint Nicholas who helped others.  I created a Christmas story with rhymes and I have a page that talks about how he came to be here.
  • TheRevenger
    TheRevenger Posts: 161 Level 3
    Options
    @summer2201, my family celebrates Christmas as Jesus' birth as well. We always exchange gifts and do a Christmas tree, but we are also very into the true meaning of Christmas. In this year's Christmas program at my church I am Elizabeth and my brother is Joseph.
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,845 Level 5
    Options
    My bears love Christmas! When we had younger children in the family we would have a "Reinbear Party" about 10 days before Christmas. I have all kinds of little outfits for the bears. We probably dressed up about 100 bears. I cannot resist and still dress some up every year. 
    @Mim_ @candycrushinit @bearwithme thought you might enjoy!

• Mim_
    Mim_ Posts: 636 Level 4
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Scooterpie They all look gorgeous. What a lovely thing to do
  • candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5
    Options
    Aww that's adorable @Scooterpie
    Abearica is full of Christmas spirit and all the bears are singing out loud right now 🎄🎶
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    My bears love Christmas! When we had younger children in the family we would have a "Reinbear Party" about 10 days before Christmas. I have all kinds of little outfits for the bears. We probably dressed up about 100 bears. I cannot resist and still dress some up every year. 

That is a really neat collection!
  • TheRevenger
    TheRevenger Posts: 161 Level 3
    Options

SO adorable!!! I am like dying right now!!🐻🐻🐻

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?