⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Can't use lives that friends sent

Options
LucyE
LucyE Posts: 13 Level 2
My game has been glitchy since updating last week. This is my current problem...I had 8 extra lives I was saving for when they would be useful. Well I got bonuses for filling my candy jar and climbing the beanstalk. I have...had, 1 1/2hrs of bonuses activated and on a hard level. After using my 5 normal lives, I clicked on 1 life...it DID NOT register, my counter still said 0. I tried to play anyway just in case but no lives. I clicked on 1 more...same thing. It didn't activate. I deleted cache, etc, signed out, came back in, tried again....it still didn't accept the life. Now I've wasted 3 lives given by friends and my bonuses are steadily running out of time. I'm actually annoyed! I know it's just a game but it's for fun...this isn't fun. Anyone else having this problem?

Answers

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,026 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @LucyE A Warm Welcome to our friendly King Community :) 

I am very sorry to hear about the issue in your game!!  First of all, just for my clarification... are you having this issue in the original Candy Crush Saga game?  If so, I have just checked in my game and it is working fine :+1:   

With regards to the issue in your game, did you try any trouble-shooters?  Try this basic one and see how it goes ---> Force close the App --->  Clear cookies / cache --->  Restart your device after shutting it down for few minutes ---> Make sure you are connected to the Internet / WiFi and log back into the game. 

Please let me know if this worked or not also confirm about the game!  Tap on "Type your Comment" box located below to reply back.

Talk to you soon!  Have a great rest of the day/evening!
  • LucyE
    Options
    Hey, Thanks for your reply. To be honest, I don't know which version of the game I'm playing. It just called CANDY CRUSH SAGA; the logo has a heart between the words CANDY CRUSH and SAGA goes down the right side. I'm playing on a PC, so I have to be connected to the internet or none of the graphics show up; and I won't play then cause I don't need any more issues :) I did the update about 2 weeks ago and my game has been weird since then. I'll try what you suggested for the other little annoying problems but I'm afraid to use another life cause I only have 5 left and people don't give them up too freely. It took me about 5-6 weeks to get these. Again, thanks. I will try using a life again the next time I get the timed boosters.....crossing my fingers it'll work
  • PummyRaj
    Options
    Hello again @LucyE Hope you had a nice weekend :)  

Thank you for replying back and explaining more about what's going on and also confirming about the game =)

Are you logged into the game through Facebook OR Kingdom account?  If you are logged into the game through Facebook, you should receive at least few lives -- I am not sure why you are not receiving any!!

But, yes!  Please let me know how it goes after trying those trouble-shooting steps.  Also, here is a link for more detailed trouble-shooting steps for future reference  https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/250220/having-problems-with-your-game-crashing-loading-on-your-computer#latest

I will also find out if the Community Team knows anything about it! 

Hope everything works fine in your game and you will enjoy it again :) 
  • LucyE
    Options
    Hey, I was just playing with my 5 normal lives. In doing so, I acquired 2hrs color bomb, 1hr striped/exploding candies and 15min fish. So I figured this was a good time to try another stored life.....it didn't work. I went to the mail icon clicked that then clicked in the box, a green check mark appeared, I clicked accept, another check mark appeared over the whole box and it shaded out. I closed it and my lives were still 0. So I'd lost another life. Down to 4 from 8  and never got to use any. This wasn't a problem before; only since the game update about 2 weeks ago. Also, I do not play thru FB, I'm on my laptop and installed the game thru the Microsoft store. I really appreciate you trying to figure this out for me because I'm still trying to figure my way around the community and all. I'm normally a game console gamer but that's too expensive now so I've turned back to PC gaming....back to basics!  :) 
  • LucyE
    Options
    Me again, I clicked that link you posted....it says THIS DISCUSSION HAS BEEN CLOSED...just so you know. Thanks!
  • PummyRaj
    edited December 2019
    Options
    LucyE said:
    Hey, I was just playing with my 5 normal lives. In doing so, I acquired 2hrs color bomb, 1hr striped/exploding candies and 15min fish. So I figured this was a good time to try another stored life.....it didn't work. I went to the mail icon clicked that then clicked in the box, a green check mark appeared, I clicked accept, another check mark appeared over the whole box and it shaded out. I closed it and my lives were still 0. So I'd lost another life. Down to 4 from 8  and never got to use any. This wasn't a problem before; only since the game update about 2 weeks ago. Also, I do not play thru FB, I'm on my laptop and installed the game thru the Microsoft store. I really appreciate you trying to figure this out for me because I'm still trying to figure my way around the community and all. I'm normally a game console gamer but that's too expensive now so I've turned back to PC gaming....back to basics!  :) 
    Hello again Lucy, Very Sorry!  I was not able to check your post all day yesterday!!

I am very sorry to hear about the issue and thank you very much for trying it out again and explaining it in very detail :+1: 

I understood that you are playing through Windows 10!  Can you please give me your game user ID number also?  If you click on the "Cog Wheel" icon that is located in the bottom left corner of the game screen, you will see "My Profile" tab.  Click on it and you should see your game user ID number.  If that does not work, please let me know. 

**  With regards to the link I wrote above, at the bottom of the box (below to the picture), you will see Facebook, King.com and Windows 10 options in "Green fonts".  Tap on Windows 10 option. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.  Have a nice rest of the day/evening!  
  • LucyE
    Options
    Hey PummyRaj, no biggie that you didn't respond sooner.  :)  Can't find user ID. I followed your steps; under MY PROFILE tab, window opened, had King at the top then "Account Settings, Your game is being saved. Here you can update your personal details and password. Then under that was my icon, a camera icon, my user name, email, edit; then a list: privacy, change pw, logout ". If I find it I'll let you know . …..until next time  B)
  • LucyE
    Options
    To anyone who may have an answer...I still can not use the lives that were given to me. I click the box but the life does not register. The counter goes down but my life shows 0, no matter what. ....I have tried everything listed in the above discussion and have systematically lost all 8 lives that were gifted to me. Nothing worked. It took weeks to save those 8. I give lives without being asked, at least once/week, when I play. But for some reason, people will not gift me :(  Because I can't use the extra lives, I have lost many awarded bombs, activators, etc.  I have worked hard to get to level 1144; first I lost my gold now this.... it's not fun anymore. I know no one can replace the lost items...I just needed to vent :/
  • stacyed3
    stacyed3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

LucyE,

did you ever resolve the inability to use awarded lives? I’m having trouble. It seems hit or miss. But I’ve wasted so many lives. It’s aggravating.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@stacyed3 Hi and welcome, this is an old post. There was an issue with lives that was fixed please see post below

Thank you

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?