No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Gigi1956
    Gigi1956 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Suzy Fuller,  
    You are not only an awesome helper on your videos you are awesome with your post to King.  Money is the root of a lot of bad things/decisions.  There are a lot of changes to the game that have in my book resorted to having to spend money to keep playing.  The game pairs you with people in the fantasy 5 that don’t play or don’t play much and there’s no win free stuff there.  The timed boosters make playing harder because you can’t play when you can or you lose your boosters. The beanstalk is only for 24 hours now so you don’t get a second chance there or you BUY it. The stars we win that go to the piggy bank you have to BUY the gold bars, even though you worked to win them. It just goes on & on.  All for money.  I realize to offer the game for free King has to make money somewhere but, if it takes that much money then they need to revamp and rethink the way they work.  King has 4 or 5 Candy Crush games that I know of.  It looks like they would stop digitizing the game to lose stuff and make it appealing to stay.
    Thank you Suzy for your 2 cents worth.....I hope something will make a difference here, and King will stop posting the same excuse obviously computer generated to tell us why they aren’t going to bring back the restart board and other things anytime soon.
  • akamklklg
    akamklklg Posts: 2 Newbie
    How do i get my friends back instead of random characters
  • WatchMEcRush21
    WatchMEcRush21 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Ok, Studio and community managers, it is now Monday and we still have not heard an official announcement.....

I hope the Studio will have the decency to give the players one before the holiday break because I’m sure the Studio will be on holiday come Friday until the end of the year.  Please do the right thing...😉👍
  • lkap
    lkap Posts: 8 Level 2
    What about a year or so ago when they did this and reversed it?  It’s not a fix, this has happened before & they put it back, why are they lying now?  And hey, no reward boosters today either.  Finally passed a hard level after playing 5 minutes a day before losing lives, and no color bomb for the next.  What is happening to King?
  • probabilitycloud
    probabilitycloud Posts: 15 Level 2
    In case you wondered where all your booster money is going:

Activision, which bought King in 2016, last year made $447 million in profits, received a $243 million tax rebate and ended up paying a NEGATIVE tax rate of -54.4 percent.

Story is in today’s Washington Post. In case I’m not allowed to post the link, search keywords Jeff Stein, Christopher Ingraham (the reporters), and words from the lead: ”About 400 of America’s largest corporations paid an average federal tax rate of about 11 percent last year, roughly half the official rate established under President Trump’s 2017 tax law, according to a report released Monday.”

• EmilysWorld
    EmilysWorld Posts: 3 Newbie
    Between this decision and their choice to no longer occasionally surprise players with an option to watch an ad and spin the wheel for more turns (at the end of the level), this game has taken decisive steps away from joy and fun. It’s rather heartbreaking to see.

I sincerely hope you all choose to listen to your customers and loyal fans. Bring back the joy of having the opportunity to be strategic with boosters (for certain personality types, strategy is VERY gratifying... I am one of them) and bring back the air-punching joy of suddenly, sometimes, getting to spin a wheel for more turns after a failed level. That little bit of hope makes me want to play more.
  • WatchMEcRush21
    WatchMEcRush21 Posts: 43 Level 2
    40,000 views and over 800 replies!   How is this not a hot topic?!?!  🤯

I am confused...🤔
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Hi there, @Pounawea

I just want to let you know publicly that some members here misinterpreted my previous comments in this thread. I was accused of working for King Games. It is understandable because they don't personally know me. I explained to them why I am not connected in any way to King Games. I told them that don't work for anyone, I don't have a boss and that I am Self-Employed.

In a message, you accused me of urging members to Boycott Candy Crush Saga. In my response, I explained to you why that is not possible because I love this game and I am a Candy Crush Saga Gamer/YouTube Creator with thousands of videos posted. I asked you to take me there but you never responded. If you did not delete my latest postings here, it would have been easy for you to see that I was right. I don't have any plans of leaving the Community as an answer to your question.

I want the members of this Community to know that I am not going to leave the cause without a reason. I am supporting this to the end. If one day all of a sudden I disappear here, it is not by choice. 
  • CarynVB
    CarynVB Posts: 7 Level 2
    The most viewed thread in this community and still no sign of anyone from King addressing the issue. Unbelievable. The loss of being able to shuffle the board was definitely a game changer. I had given up. It was no longer fun. Tonight I decided to give it another chance but my iPhone and iPad didn’t update the levels and I lost all my lives trying to get them to sync. Good grief. 
  • andyrite
    andyrite Posts: 7 Level 2
    I can see that with this change I will soon stop playing candy crush.  I’m on level 3398 and I have never spent even 1 cent on this game.  I rely on getting boosters from the wheel, sugar candies, the helmet, etc etc,  And when i use my boosters in a game I always reset til the boosters are together and will do some good.  Not being able to reset is why I’m stuck on 3398 with little chance of ever passing.  I refuse to use my boosters because with this change they will just deplete and be gone.  Since I will never pay money to King, the end of this game is on the horizon for me.  Too bad, it was a fun diversion for the couple years I’ve played it.  But King won’t miss me cuz they never got money from me.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?