No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Christophe2002
    Christophe2002 Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited December 2019
    I just registered to complain about the "fix". The King's statement for the game is "swipe and relax". How can we relax if we quickly spend 5 lives and boosters on a hard level because it is a hard to complete and in addition we are not able to reset the board to fully take advantage of our boosters that are most of the times placed in unusable places. Then we have to wait for a 2.5 hours to be able to play again. 

I have played for many years and I looked forward to every update on Wednesdays to complete levels (I finished all 5960 levels) and now I am considering leaving the game. Same thing happened with Minion Rush from Gameloft. They got too greedy, and a lot of players quit the game.

It is amazing how a company does not listen to the people using/buying their games. Without the players, the company does not exist. 
  • smcbride2001
    smcbride2001 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I uninstalled Candy Crush Saga and Candy Crush Soda from my phone until King reverses this so called "fix".  If King wants to restrict players from backing out of a board without losing a life, then King could add a "Shuffle" feature to allow players to shuffle a board without backing out.
  • kezza321
    kezza321 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    So from reading these posts, king said it has now finally 'fixed' the problem. No problem to fix after 7 years! I emailed king to voice my complaint after 7 years as a loyal money spending customer. This is the response I got today. They are TRIALLING this not fixing!

[...]

*Edited by CM: publishing a private message. 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    I have heard of deaf ears but never blind eyes @JethrinaBodina.
    You might want to look again though. I was referring to the comments that have been said by members calling the King team idiots etc and not by you. I didn't notice names though as I was scrolling through. All I was saying is if people shout about respect then they talk to others how they want to be talked to. 
    And no chastising. Only asking that people remember the house rules 🤷‍♀️
    To clarify. Beta testing is often done without players being made aware. Hence the questions on the site. The game itself is not beta tested, its the features. And has an end date of studio discretion. It can also be random, account related or device related. As you are obviously aware. They don't always go by feedback, there are other ways of gathering data.  You brought up the control groups in your previous post. Whether you chose to read the reply or not, its better to clarify for others reading. 
    @Chicken_Slayer !  

You have to understand that these Community Members are unhappy with the abrupt change that was thrown in their lap like a grenade. As a Community Member yourself, not a paid employee, you should empathize and sympathize with these players instead of correcting their idioms in a nasty way. I don't know if you are aware that majority of the members/players here has English as their Second Language including myself, a member, and @Pounawea, the Community Manager himself who works for King. Fortunately for us, the new CM is more humble in dealing with all of us here, not treating us as his subordinate. What is your excuse? Please enlighten us!

Tack så mycket!
  • CarynVB
    CarynVB Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited December 2019
    I finally heard from someone at King. Now it all makes sense. Thanks... for absolutely nothing!

_____
    *Edit: posting private messages
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Hahahahaha
    THAT was just funny! Wow is he a master at saying absolutely NOTHING!!
    Thanks for sharing, I needed that laugh today
  • LuckyMe1189
    LuckyMe1189 Posts: 47 Level 2
    As you have stated. Slayer of Chickens, you are not a technical representative of this or any other gaming company. Your statements here, and elsewhere, are thinly veiled, passive aggressive, and judgmental. I have never used the word idiot unless referring to MYSELF. I have also not directed a single word at one of the people that run this forum. I have QUOTED them and that is all. What part of "King would love to know...." don't you understand? Pounawea may be a perfectly lovely person, he may actually care. But King can also read EVERY word of this forum and telling them the various ways we "get around" the hobbling may very well be shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Beta testing is to be expected and the testers are typically MADE AWARE of the fact that they're part of the group so they can provide FEEDBACK.  After all, is that not the very definition of beta testing?  Regardless of whether it's actually what is being done to random numbers of players, neither you nor I know, testing also has an END DATE. If the testing proves that the process is successful it's rolled out to EVERYONE. If it's not, it's back to the drawing board, not on to another set of unknowing players. 
    I've been a beta tester, and on far more important data than this game. Any company that can't conclude a beta test in less than TWO YEARS (that's how long I've played) deserves to be slammed. King brings in unfathomable amounts of money EVERY DAY. They don't need to use their paying customers as guinea pigs!! They could, no, PROBABLY have a testing facility and process that can simulate as many players that are using the game right now, if not MORE. 
    The aspects of the game to which I refer are not beta tests. They have been part of the game for YEARS and are given and taken at the whim of the developers. I've had things in my game that my Mom has never laid eyes on and we've been l playing almost the same amount of time. She has a device with NO features and one with SOME. If she were part of a control group her devices wouldn't be so different. I am 1500+ levels ahead of her because I have (had) what she does not.
    If this is not the case, they need to respond to the numerous players that have NONE of the features left that enable them to continue playing. Before you "ah, but...." Check your ego (and your facts) at the door. 

I have to wonder why they even care HOW we play the game as long as we KEEP playing. (And why you feel the need to chastise). Anyone that got through the levels too fast or too easily, in King's opinion, has to wait for new levels to drop. They can only go back to play old levels until then. That's THEIR problem! They pushed through a game to get to the top, however it long it took and how much they spent doing it is also their "problem". They are the ones "suffering" with anticipation for the new levels. They are also the LOUDEST voices of the angry crowd of pay-to-play-ers. They are also the ones that will no longer PAY to play.
    Don't bother responding, I don't care what you have to say. It'll fall on blind eyes.
    Truly, I agree with you. I was doing this and getting through levels, enjoying every bit of it. I was also spending (please don’t tell my husband) a LOT  of $$ every day to do it. (By year’s end it would have been ^$1K.)  Yes, people would call me “stupid”, but I was thoroughly enjoying my addiction until King put an end to it. For that I must thank them (though they should thank me), but I no longer enjoy the game as much. I go once a day to spin and win, but if it’s timed I back out before accepting it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. In the end I don’t see King Grinch being very generous, we shall see!

• LuckyMe1189
    LuckyMe1189 Posts: 47 Level 2
    Deryck said:
    Pounawea said:
    Your feedback is very much appreciated, it helps us understand how this change is affecting already your player experience. Did you guys start changing your strategies and the ways you used to play the game?
    @Pounawea It's changed the way I play all right; I play much less. lol Before, I used to be motivated to advance on the map on random days. Now, I don't even play to progress at all. (Of course, I'm still in that stage of collecting as much Sugar Stars as I can, so that's a factor.)

I have not changed strategies; I've been playing so long I've already figured out the best ways to pass a level. Adaptation will mainly affect newcomers to the game. The multitude of long-time players will just leave or play less frequently.

This "fix" is not up for compromise, King.
    I still have not seen what good sugar stars are for, other than a fuzzy warm feeling of accomplishment 
  • Yorben_Goeree
    Yorben_Goeree Posts: 3,862 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    60 pages and nearly 900 posts. awesome. And very beautiful posts for everyone.
  • kezza321
    kezza321 Posts: 4 Newbie
    They are trialing!! Read my post above. Answer from king. Hopefully they will listen to the community and revert
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?