No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• seaweed12496
    seaweed12496 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I think that was a horrible move to make. I want to be able to know how to play the game before...I don't play as much because of this decision. Hope u reconsider 
  • mkdcars
    mkdcars Posts: 6 Level 2
    Just throwing my hat in to support the restoration of the free board reset.  For me, it's basically unplayable at the level I'm at (4335).  I've been trying to give it a shot, but when you have to use, on average, 10-15 lives for every level, regardless of difficulty, it's not really enjoyable for me anymore.  This "fix" essentially took away any strategy (if there ever was any to begin with).  Hard to keep up hope when I see Google Play stats showing 6.62 million users for Candy Crush this week which is an increase of 3% from the prior week.  Going through all these pages, we probably have a couple thousand users complaining, maybe a couple thousand more complaining just not writing on this forum.  That is still less than 1% of overall Candy Crush gamers.  Given that, from King's perspective, I'm sure my opinion is essentially worthless.  Nevertheless, here's hoping they'll take mercy on us and revert back!

Happy Holidays!
  • SuzyFuller
    SuzyFuller Posts: 61 Level 3
    At this point, it appears that King is trying to bury the lede by waiting to make a formal announcement until people are too busy with the upcoming holidays to give it much attention. It seems to me they believe they can rely on new players to replace those who leave in anger. But the strongest gaming companies who have been around the longest understand the importance of brand reputation to ensure marketplace longevity. An extremely popular gaming company recently had problems with their console controllers. Once they understood how frustrating it was for players, they offered free fixes. No questions asked. Even outside the warranty. Even refunded money for previous fixes for the problem. Because their brand is synonymous with excellent gaming experiences, and they are wise enough to make sure they provide amazing customer service and support to maintain their standing.

Based on what I've seen, I have little hope this will be resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the great majority of folks who took the time to voice their opinions. I used to tell everyone to "Booster up, Baby." I may have to change my slogan to, "Don't do it, Dummy!"
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    Well - I weakened last night and played the Jumanji 5 level challenge. Start to finish, first go, passed everything.

Started the next level - exited - no free reset - closed candy crush. That is the new strategy. Do not spend another cent, but pick up everything I can for free. If I cannot enjoy the game as you did for years on end, I will not spend another cent.

I work too hard for my money to just hand it over to lazy greedy bean counters when the game is no longer any fun. Stick it.

I'll just take your free stuff and wait. But not for much longer...

• mkdcars
    mkdcars Posts: 6 Level 2
    Now 35 lives into level 4335.  Never had to spend that many lives on a single level before this "fix".

But again, my opinion is worthless.
  • lmatt1234
    lmatt1234 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Def sucks, the only reason to buy boosters is an advantage for the players. If this doesn’t come back then I’m out, if it’s just a game of chance and no strategy then I’ll just play a slots game.  I tried and it’s no fun any more.  

• Hunt4Fish
    Hunt4Fish Posts: 14 Level 2
    I think King is going to lose a ton of players, including me.  When enough players stop playing, they will realize that their customer base does not appreciate being "used" instead of being appreciated.  Another expample of greed vs. loyalty. Big mistake!
  • grr
    grr Posts: 100 Level 3
    It's rather disingenuous to suggest  "this behaviour was not intended". It's actually insulting - are we supposed to believe it took 6000 levels to get it 'fixed'? I don't think so.

Once again we are offered useless trinkets (badges can now join sugar stars) as distractions from the VERY unpopular changes (timed boosters and now this) that really affect the game and how it is played.

Please stop taking away the things that make the game fun!  I don't want to stop playing but you keep finding ways to drive us away.
  • WatchMEcRush21
    WatchMEcRush21 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Well - I weakened last night and played the Jumanji 5 level challenge. Start to finish, first go, passed everything.

Started the next level - exited - no free reset - closed candy crush. That is the new strategy. Do not spend another cent, but pick up everything I can for free. If I cannot enjoy the game as you did for years on end, I will not spend another cent.

I work too hard for my money to just hand it over to lazy greedy bean counters when the game is no longer any fun. Stick it.

I'll just take your free stuff and wait. But not for much longer...

Hey Turbo,

Which platform are you playing CC on if you don’t mind telling?  I haven’t seen this on my iPad but maybe it’s not up to date on the latest CC version.  Seems like a pretty sweet deal....Another reason why CC needs to be consistent on all platforms.  😉👍
  • deeivid
    deeivid Posts: 1 Newbie
    preciso que restaurem as vidas do meu jogo! pois o tempo para novas vidas nunca passa, meu relogio do celular é automático e mesno assim esta dando erro.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?