No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Benni_Jones
    Benni_Jones Posts: 34 Level 2
    Last night my husband pointed out a TV commercial for Candy Crush. A cartoon woman was swinging a lolihammer. Candy Crush is spending money on commercials to get new players, but has put in a change that is losing them playing customers. How ironic! And very sad. 
  • LuckyMe1189
    LuckyMe1189 Posts: 47 Level 2
    mercerik said:
    mercerik said:
    It is not the Daily Booster Spin. It is from the Daily Treat Calendar. These Timed Boosters are nice to have especially when I am stuck in the Quick Sand with no help to pull me out. They only get wasted now if I am too busy to play or when I am asleep when they come in.

When it comes to Candy Crush Saga, I know the Ins and Out of it. I am have been playing this game since its release in 2012.   
    Last night I spun the wheel to get my daily, and I got an hour of combos. I closed down, just spun, got the same, don’t have an hour to play, so I closed. Another way they are taking boosters we can bank and use later
    Hi there, @LuckyMe1189 !  

If it is not Timed, you can bank it. However, if it is Timed, it will only stay in your Backpack of Sweet Supplies at the amount of time given.

One more thing, we don't have any control on Timed Boosters when we get them. If we get Color Bombs and Striped and Wrapped Candy Combinations, oftentimes they get automatically used in the Pre-Play Page. The Swedish Fish and the Coconut Wheels don't. The Coconut Wheels oftentimes get Timed-Out in the Backpack of Sweet Supplies which is awful. 

All I know is that I have gotten timed boosters, closed the app on my iPad, reopened it later (maybe 3-4 hrs) and they are right there waiting for me to begin. As long as I don’t close the app in the background, I’m good.
  • brenda1966
    brenda1966 Posts: 14 Level 2
    I wonder if king is keeping track of how many boosters are being used compared to before the “fix”. I bet it is lower.  Also how many games are exited and not finished.  I bet it is higher.  I’m not going to use boosters when they are placed in unusable spots and I can’t reset.  I’m also not going to play out futile games or use boosters on them. 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    I wonder if king is keeping track of how many boosters are being used compared to before the “fix”. I bet it is lower.  Also how many games are exited and not finished.  I bet it is higher.  I’m not going to use boosters when they are placed in unusable spots and I can’t reset.  I’m also not going to play out futile games or use boosters on them. 
    Hi there, @brenda1966

I had 58 Gold Bars that I accumulated from playing levels and for winning a challenge last Monday. They are all gone in a few minutes just like that. I used them up in 2 Levels that are ridiculously hard. 
  • ontgt55
    ontgt55 Posts: 10 Level 2
    We’ve all recognized that the ‘fix’ is only a benefit for the company as it makes it more challenging for the players (and I assume the company wanted to entice more players to spend money).  

I’ve also been playing since the games inception and have never spent a penny but am at the top of the game (for my platform) each week.  Depending on the week, it now might take more time but I typically can get through all new levels within hours of their release. 

Its interesting that this community board exists for everyone to vent without a single person from the company acknowledging or responding.    

At the end of the day, it’s just a game... play if you want or don’t....end of story!
  • mercerik
    edited December 2019
    It has been 24 days since this Thread was created.
    To date, there are 1,126 replies including this one; 54,205 Views;
    and 76 pages of comments

With all these said and done, still no word.
    SILENCE IS DEAFENING!
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    I think Peter Griffin would agree that The Bird is the Word, ha!
  • mercerik
    edited December 2019
    I think Peter Griffin would agree that The Bird is the Word, ha!
    Hi there, @JethrinaBodina !

Maybe a certain bird will resolve this Board Reset Problem and luckily overturn the decision. I am not giving up yet. I am still trying. I want to see this resolved one way or the other. 
  • Akimem
    Akimem Posts: 2 Newbie
    How long has it been since the powers that be "fixed" this? I've forgotten and I am still on the same level I was on when this "fix" started. If you are on vacation then someone must be monitoring the board for comments so you have to know that people are just a tad bit miffed with your "fix". Was this done to encourage the players to purchase items from the store? Pay to have our banks emptied? Not going to happen with me. I will do one of two things in the next two weeks. Either continue playing and stay stuck on the same level (2327) forever or just quit playing the game all together. 
  • twinkle7498
    twinkle7498 Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited December 2019
    I tried to continue playing, hoping they will fix it one day, but nothing happends. 
    From now on .. I will stop playing - currently in level 6035- until this problem fixed.
    Its not about being difficult its more about not being fun no more. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?