No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    We're not the "fantastic" anything
    The Fauxtastic five does give you new “teammates” if the final goal isn’t met.  Since they took away the strategic reset feature I have noticed a drastic drop off in points scored so it’s not just me that hasn’t been playing it’s apparently many others as well.  Other players must be noticing this too.
    Haha... Fauxtastic... Good one! I didn't know that about the goal shuffle.... I know I've kept the same ones and I'M the one that gets us to the goal. So. How does THAT work? Two slackers, two "dabblers", one actual go-getter carrying the entire team. yaaaaay
  • joolsg10
    joolsg10 Posts: 6 Level 2
    That's why my teams keep changing then, I only play when I have levels to complete and they only come around once a week....so no wonder we aren't completing the tasks 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    We're not the "fantastic" anything
    The Fauxtastic five does give you new “teammates” if the final goal isn’t met.  Since they took away the strategic reset feature I have noticed a drastic drop off in points scored so it’s not just me that hasn’t been playing it’s apparently many others as well.  Other players must be noticing this too.
    Haha... Fauxtastic... Good one! I didn't know that about the goal shuffle.... I know I've kept the same ones and I'M the one that gets us to the goal. So. How does THAT work? Two slackers, two "dabblers", one actual go-getter carrying the entire team. yaaaaay
    I can’t claim credit for “fauxtastic” lol, I saw that in another thread a while back but it fits!

I always had more than my share of points too, why the hell should random strangers benefit from other people playing the game?  The whole concept of these “team” features in this and other King games - all of which are strictly single-player - is complete and utter garbage and receives nothing but complaints.  There’s a thread on the CCSS forum about a uniformly-detested “team” feature(MTF) that’s now over 110 pages and still it exists and changes that were promised many months ago by CMs never came to fruition.  So don’t anyone get your hopes up about a change here as King clearly couldn’t care less about its long-time players.  All I do is log in to spin the wheel daily and check to see if level 5916 is playable with strategy as before the “fix” - it it’s not I simply log out and don’t even bother attempting to play as I’d rather watch paint dry.

I see someone recently posted a link to a CC commercial, I’m glad I only watch TV for a few football games a week and as such haven’t had to hear it.  Im sure it’s extremely annoying.
  • JethrinaBodina

I always had more than my share of points too, why the hell should random strangers benefit from other people playing the game?  The whole concept of these “team” features in this and other King games - all of which are strictly single-player - is complete and utter garbage and receives nothing but complaints.  There’s a thread on the CCSS forum about a uniformly-detested “team” feature(MTF) that’s now over 110 pages and still it exists and changes that were promised many months ago by CMs never came to fruition.  So don’t anyone get your hopes up about a change here as King clearly couldn’t care less about its long-time players.  All I do is log in to spin the wheel daily and check to see if level 5916 is playable with strategy as before the “fix” - it it’s not I simply log out and don’t even bother attempting to play as I’d rather watch paint dry.

I see someone recently posted a link to a CC commercial, I’m glad I only watch TV for a few football games a week and as such haven’t had to hear it.  Im sure it’s extremely annoying.
    I have to suffer through that infernal commercial more times a day than any human should have to, even if I'm in another room it annoys the hell out of me..ugh
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    I can’t claim credit for “fauxtastic” lol, I saw that in another thread a while back but it fits!

@Dirty_Nurse !

I have been playing the Fantastic 5 before it was introduced in the Community by the former Community Moderator, Jelly_Jenny. Since my team and I were doing great, getting Boosters left and right, I gave it a 5-Star Rating and even posted Tim McGraw's song I Like It, I love It, I Want Some More Of It in the thread. I think about a week or so later, points were reduced and went downhill. I couldn't pull-out my posting with the rating because it was no longer editable. This taught me a lesson to never share my thoughts on something that I really, really like and just keep it to myself because they can be taken away just like that.

Hey, I found the Community Links:
    Fantastic Five (F5): Nice Addition To My Power-Ups Challenge by mercerik
    Date Posted: June 5, 2019 
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/258166/fantastic-five-f5-nice-addition-to-my-power-ups-challenge/p1

Meet Your Fantastic Five! by Jelly_Jenny
    Date Posted: June 14, 2019
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/258733/meet-your-fantastic-five/p1

The Fantastic 5 (F5) Is No Longer As Fantastic As When It Started. Now, I Rate This 1-Star
    Date Posted: July 3, 2019 by mercerik
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/260246/the-fantastic-5-f5-is-no-longer-as-fantastic-as-when-it-started-now-i-rate-this-1-star#latest
  • JethrinaBodina
    We live in a highly competitive dawg-eat-dawg society. Even in this "community" players are pitted against each other, I mean "challenged", to attain the highest score on a particular level to win gold bars. They are like, well, GOLD to most players, especially the ones that do not pay to play, like me. I used to use them for extra moves on a whim, but now I hoard them to buy a quantity of unlimited life to use with the boosters I get from the Space Race. Without the ad videos that gave me a good chance of landing an extra 15 moves when I fail a level, I am unable to use the 6 hours of timed boosters because I run out of lives long before the timers have run out. Inherently, we want to compete with someone. It's not fair that an advantage is given, usually without the player even realizing that they've been blessed or cursed at the King's whim. It's not fair that some have their "version" of the game be so vastly different than the next person's "version". To be told that it's because a new feature is in "trial" after it's been present in a game for actual years, is an insult. Across the board, it's an insult, and ultimately a travesty; sucking the fun out of something to benefit no one but the greedy corporate trolls that control the kingdom.
  • m_j_
    m_j_ Posts: 20 Level 2
    I have had my eyes opened reading all the post.  I didn't realize that everyone was not playing the same game.  Under "King" rules what device you play may determine how you get booster, lives, gold bars.  I never had to watch a video, in fact I didn't realize it was even an option.  I feel  as I am being cheated.  Good Luck everyone!!  I don't see anything positive coming my way, maybe you all are luckier than me.
  • JethrinaBodina
    m_j_ said:
    I have had my eyes opened reading all the post.  I didn't realize that everyone was not playing the same game.  Under "King" rules what device you play may determine how you get booster, lives, gold bars.  I never had to watch a video, in fact I didn't realize it was even an option.  I feel  as I am being cheated.  Good Luck everyone!!  I don't see anything positive coming my way, maybe you all are luckier than me.
    It's not only different from device to device, it's also different from Android to iOS and Windows 10. Having such differences between the platforms isn't the real issue. They operate differently, hence the difference in some gameplay. But there is NO logical reason, other than greed, for the game to be so vastly different from player to player. The "we're trying out a feature" line is completely and utterly insulting to the intelligence of every player affected by King's whimsical decisions.
  • julescaldwell519
    julescaldwell519 Posts: 45 Level 2

Yep. I had the same group for the longest time and 2 of us completed it everytime.  But since the change, no one plays anymore.  My whole fantastic 5's scores are multiples of 25 -  the amount you get to log in and collect your daily booster.  Lmao.  I hope that's all anyone is doing.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Wow.  So happy to have this “team” I was fortuitously gifted.  With just 16 hours left in the week we have a grand total of 125 points!  I have 50(even though I log on daily to accrue free boosters in case the game returns to being playable again in the future - should be 175) and one other fantastic player has 75.  The other 3 fabulous players obviously have 0, bless their hearts.  

The trend you mentioned Jules of people not actually playing certainly seems to be getting worse from what I can see.  Perhaps we will get some answers in 2020.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?