No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• jjfredres
    jjfredres Posts: 2 Newbie
    Ugh.  What are gaining by this King!  Not my money any more.
  • MrNoh
    MrNoh Posts: 8 Level 2
    MrNoh said:
    Stuck for over a week now on 1465 (yeah, I know... "n00b!" :tongue: ) over three different platforms (W10 app, Android, King website), no boosters worth mentioning (because they're not allowed on that board), and every time I get the daily calendar stuff my lives are burned up trying to get that stupid level finished before the timer runs out on the timed gifts (which expire before I recover more than one or two lives).

At the risk of coming across as some kind of conspiracy clown, I can't help but wonder if King is deliberately sabotaging some accounts of those who have complained about their behavior.

Whoever came up with those taglines on the loading screens telling players to relax, swipe their cares away, and so forth should be flogged, because there's no relaxation in spending literally hundreds of lives trying to pass one single level and finish the episode. :angry:
    I can with certainty say that King is definitely NOT deliberately denying vocal defiers of their avaricious practices from features; I’ve been a vehement outspeaker of their various “team” features and yet my CCSS account has still not been burdened by them...I still have the single-player quest feature.

As I have been suggesting to everyone here on this thread, simply stop playing until the game is restored to its previously-playable state.

I wasn't thinking so much of features disabled as setting the program to give nothing but trash board layouts.

Like I implied in my previous post, "sabotaging critics" isn't likely to be more than unfounded conspiracy kookery, but I've never been stuck on any given level for so long no matter how difficult they are and it's getting annoying as [censored]. :tongue:
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5

You were foolish enough to spend actual money on a free game??  Sounds like you deserve what you got.  No one with even half a brain would spend money on a completely free-to-play game.

Hey, Dirty Nurse! 
    You should apologize to Turbo.

You have no right to call any person that states their opinion on this thread a FOOL. Your rude, condescending, holier-than-thou attitude is more foolish than what a grown ass adult does with their own damn money. If someone CHOOSES to enhance their ability to play ANY game by purchasing WHATEVER to make it happen that is their prerogative as a grown ass adult that EARNS the money they're spending.
    Have you NEVER made a purchase of a single thing that made you happy for a BRIEF moment? Does every single dollar, in your opinion, have to be spent on something PRACTICAL? TANGIBLE? PHYSICAL?
    Have you ever rented a DVD? THAT'S a waste of money because that movie will be on TV one way or another within six months of that DVD release! Now you've thrown money at some company that bought a bunch of DVDs and they have FOOLS paying to drive somewhere to pick them up,  watch them AND bring them back!

Stop being a bully and keep your fingers off the keyboard if the only thing you have to contribute is insulting, belittling, and judgmental. 
    NO ONE WANTS TO SEE IT and
    NO ONE DESERVES TO BE SUBJECTED TO IT

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited December 2019
    MrNoh said:
    MrNoh said:
    Stuck for over a week now on 1465 (yeah, I know... "n00b!" :tongue: ) over three different platforms (W10 app, Android, King website), no boosters worth mentioning (because they're not allowed on that board), and every time I get the daily calendar stuff my lives are burned up trying to get that stupid level finished before the timer runs out on the timed gifts (which expire before I recover more than one or two lives).

At the risk of coming across as some kind of conspiracy clown, I can't help but wonder if King is deliberately sabotaging some accounts of those who have complained about their behavior.

Whoever came up with those taglines on the loading screens telling players to relax, swipe their cares away, and so forth should be flogged, because there's no relaxation in spending literally hundreds of lives trying to pass one single level and finish the episode. :angry:
    I can with certainty say that King is definitely NOT deliberately denying vocal defiers of their avaricious practices from features; I’ve been a vehement outspeaker of their various “team” features and yet my CCSS account has still not been burdened by them...I still have the single-player quest feature.

As I have been suggesting to everyone here on this thread, simply stop playing until the game is restored to its previously-playable state.

I wasn't thinking so much of features disabled as setting the program to give nothing but trash board layouts.

Like I implied in my previous post, "sabotaging critics" isn't likely to be more than unfounded conspiracy kookery, but I've never been stuck on any given level for so long no matter how difficult they are and it's getting annoying as [censored]. :tongue:
    I’ve never been “stuck” so long on a level either as I have been the past few weeks on 5916 but it’s completely voluntary.  Could I beat the level? Sure.  I simply refuse to waste my time attempting it since the rules of the game have been completely changed.

Anyone who spends money on this or any King free-to-play game deserves the disappointment and frustration they have received with their recent upheaval of basic gameplay.  If I never get past the level I’m at currently I couldn’t care less.
  • dmaye428
    dmaye428 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I’ve probably spent $30 bucks on this game because it was fun and addictive. But after this fix I’ll definitely be deleting. You needed the advantage on higher levels. I guess it’s a business move but if y’all read this thread the people (consumers) are letting you no that it’s a BAD IDEA!!! If I see that you return the feature I’ll download again but until then CCS farewell!
  • JethrinaBodina
    MrNoh said:
    MrNoh said:

First of all, the only people being "hurt" by players not playing are the PLAYERS that are not PLAYING. 
    To hurt King is to take away any monetary contribution you make to their already overflowing coffers. 
    They DON'T CARE if you play or don't play. They only care about the MONEY. 

To address your conspiracy theory... I don't think you're crazy in the least. I've had both of my device's games updated recently and they are both hobbled with the loss of "features" I had but no longer have. I was able to move through hundreds of levels each week until I lost the ad videos. Some people have never had them at all. My Mom has them on one device but not the other. There are no less than 12 different versions of the game between our 5 devices and those that our friends are using. It's quite ridiculous. 
    I would accuse them of hobbling my games to take away any access to free moves and boosters because I was advancing thru the levels so quickly. Taking them away was an effort to try to get me to buy their gold bars and boosters so I could continue to advance.
    I gave that theory some real thought! They can totally run a report, tag players via their log in info and manipulate their gameset with a push update. They update the game EVERY WEEK, sending batches of files to groups of players isn't rocket science. They already admit to "trials" of features that not everyone will get. Riiiigghht.... The ad videos are being "tested" on groups of players to see how they "like it". 
    Bah. HOOEY.
    They took them away as a calculated effort to push their gold bars and booster packs.
    Nope! Not happening. "If it's free, it's for me" is my motto. 

Without a doubt, though, 1465 is tough. I just tried it and have no boosters to use, not even a hammer. You gotta get that impeller in the middle, then wrapped and striped to get the keys. You can do it! Take your time and set up the special candies. 

Do you have Tiffi's Season's stockings? You can go back to old easy levels to refill them to full capacity. You can do that with Booster Bot, too, if he comes back. My Mom doesn't have either of them on her devices. It sucks! Not fair! But she has videos and I don't sooooo...
    I have to play tricks to get lives and boosters. I won't quit playing. But I'm not in the 4 and 5000s. I'm sure those levels are enough to drive a person mad because I'm pretty frustrated where I am on 2800-ish. 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    I thought Star Wars was the only one Ending The Saga. 
    😉 😉 😉
    From what it looks like right now, with this messed-up game
    resurfacing, happening even to those who were immune
    from this from the very start like myself. I think
    another Saga is ending.
    I guess it is easy to figure out.
    I wouldn't be surprised if on January 1, 2020,
    Candy Crush Saga says 
    Sayōnara watashi no yūjin! 
    ¡Adios amigos!
    Paalam mga kaibigan!
    Hejdå mina vänner!
    Goodbye, my friends!

♬ ♯  ♭  ø  ♩  ♫

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
    I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
    Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
    I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long, farewell, auf…

♬ ♯  ♭  ø  ♩  ♫

_____

Everything is pointing in that direction.

I hate to admit but it is obvious,

Candy Crush Saga is dying from the inside.

• TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    You were foolish enough to spend actual money on a free game??  Sounds like you deserve what you got.  No one with even half a brain would spend money on a completely free-to-play game.
    Salty much?

If you had half a brain you'd see that the reason you could reach 5916 for free - is because of the players who contributed our money for the cheapskate likes of you who do not.

I'd have thought people like me who enabled spongers like you to play for free because we contributed where you did not, would deserve thanks from people like you, not your selfish ill thought out insults.

I also think we have the right to complain in this thread because we contributed, where you do not because all you have done is take.

To then offer abuse and insults aimed at the people who enabled your free ride, now that is foolish. 

Maybe think about that for a moment before you continue abusing those of us who helped King provide 5916 levels for you for free. I've seen you do it quite a few times like it makes you smart to be cheap, if you understand what I'm saying here you will see it does not.

Happy New year.
  • JethrinaBodina

Hey, Dirty Nurse! 
    You should apologize to Turbo.

You have no right to call any person that states their opinion on this thread a FOOL. Your rude, condescending, holier-than-thou attitude is more foolish than what a grown ass adult does with their own damn money. If someone CHOOSES to enhance their ability to play ANY game by purchasing WHATEVER to make it happen that is their prerogative as a grown ass adult that EARNS the money they're spending.
    Have you NEVER made a purchase of a single thing that made you happy for a BRIEF moment? Does every single dollar, in your opinion, have to be spent on something PRACTICAL? TANGIBLE? PHYSICAL?
    Have you ever rented a DVD? THAT'S a waste of money because that movie will be on TV one way or another within six months of that DVD release! Now you've thrown money at some company that bought a bunch of DVDs and they have FOOLS paying to drive somewhere to pick them up,  watch them AND bring them back!

Stop being a bully and keep your fingers off the keyboard if the only thing you have to contribute is insulting, belittling, and judgmental. 
    NO ONE WANTS TO SEE IT and
    NO ONE DESERVES TO BE SUBJECTED TO IT

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited December 2019
    You seem to have some kind of problem with intelligent players like myself(of which I’m sure I’m just one out of many of thousands) that have been playing this game since its inception without being dumb enough to spend actual money on virtual fake completely worthless whimsical fantasy “goods”.

I assure you I have no shortage of disposable income to spend however I choose but whiffing actual cash on fake online-meaningless-game items is the last way I would spend it.  With my actual hard-earned paycheck tonight I made about $500 on the various sports bets I made.  I can’t imagine the empty feeling I would have had if I used that money to “beat” a never-ending array of completely skill-less levels which are only able to be easily won based on the cascades generated by the game.

To your point, I am happy to “watch” ads in order to assist in level completion which supports King but this option was only available to me for a couple months. Naturally I didn’t actually watch the ads nor would I ever be interested in whatever they were trying to dupe me into buying but I certainly understand the monetary initiative behind their employment.  

If you want to spend your disposable income on virtual satisfaction then by all means do so.  I’ll be using mine on far more worthy pursuits.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?