No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• rllloyd
    rllloyd Posts: 9 Level 2
    Okay, now you're changing the way the game has worked since I began playing, and I'm on level 2379! 

King, if you think this change will bring in more revenue, you will find that you're mistaken.  I will not continue to play the game unless this is changed back to the way it used to be.  And I have spent a lot of money on Candy Crush.  You just lost a good customer.
  • bronnebaum
    bronnebaum Posts: 6 Level 2
    m_j_ said:
    A fix for restarting the game would be great.  As for the timed boosters get rid of them.  I want to use my boosters when I want to and when I have lives.   

Is any of this asking for to much?  I don't think so!!! 

I hope everyone has a Very Happy New Year.
    Yes to all of this! 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Hey @mercerik

I have the app on my laptop but I'm avoiding my laptop right now due to a major conflict with my school. It makes me angry just to look at it, knowing that I'm in a battle instead of getting ready to graduate in a couple weeks. That turmoil is half the reason why I play CCS to distract me!

Happy New Year! 
    ✌😎
    @JethrinaBodina

What course are you in? Congratulations, by the way!
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    edited January 2020
  • bronnebaum
    bronnebaum Posts: 6 Level 2
    As someone who has been playing for years, but just discovered the message boards, it was pretty unfortunate to discover this “fix” while playing. It cost me multiple boosters and was my last life. I was frustrated and disappointed then, and I thought it was a glitch. Knowing that this was intentional makes me think there should have been a pop up alert or something to let all users know. 

This “fix” does feel like a money grab, but I am feeling rather committed to not spending money in game anymore. Looks like I’m far from alone in that. 
  • rondae78
    rondae78 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I loved this game before the "fix". I haven't spent a dime since the change and I refuse to. I used to play every day but It became frustrating instead of relaxing me after work. I finally opened the game after a week and I see that it's the same. It's King's loss because I found another game to spend my money on. Goodbye candy crush.
  • mercerik
    edited January 2020
    Hello there Mercedes. It's amazing indeed. And sometimes even temporary solution or just an answer are not offered. I know of people who complained of serious, but I mean really serious, bugs, and they were completely ignored. Believe me, this is more at the loss of King than it is for customers. My idea is that King has just become too big, they can't control the beast anymore. You would think that being a six billions dollars company they would have the means to keep things under control, but no. Very surprising.

Congratulation for having taken things in your own hand and having fixed your problem.
    @Eddie_Sparrow   

Hi Eddie! How did you know my name? You are resourceful! You could have gotten a Resourceful Badge for that.😊 

You were right about the bugs, way too many of them. It is not even summer yet.😊 As I said in one of my comments today, this Community is more like a Mickey Mouse Community not taking anything seriously.  I hope they don't consider this as disrespect! This is not. This is a fact. 
  • LuckyMe1189
    LuckyMe1189 Posts: 47 Level 2
    Well, here it is, January 1 and no answer. Best we can hope for is perhaps Monday the 6th when all these “lucky” people are back to “work”. I too have found another game to spend money on. Has anyone been keeping track of CC  in the App Store? I left a negative review, not showing, last one on November 24. They have 1.2 million ratings. Seems they are hiding things from the public with their new tv campaign. Just disgusting marketing and customer service. If this were Amazon the “seller” would be gone.
  • mercerik
    edited January 2020
    Well, here it is, January 1 and no answer. Best we can hope for is perhaps Monday the 6th when all these “lucky” people are back to “work”. I too have found another game to spend money on. Has anyone been keeping track of CC  in the App Store? I left a negative review, not showing, last one on November 24. They have 1.2 million ratings. Seems they are hiding things from the public with their new tv campaign. Just disgusting marketing and customer service. If this were Amazon the “seller” would be gone.
    Hi there, @LuckyMe1189 !

Did you mean Monday, January 6, the 3 Kings: Melchor's, Gaspar's & Baltasar's  Day? Of course, why not? If King's heart did not double in size last Christmas like the Grinch, maybe this time, it will triple in size to represent the Biblical Magi and grant our wishes of Free Board Reset. 👑👑👑😊
  • adahelena
    adahelena Posts: 14 Level 2
    adahelena said:
    Addiction as good as broken! Deleted the shortcuts, logged in twice only since last post.

Thank you King/Activision - I would have spent many hours and maybe $40 or more on your game already in the last 10 days if it wasn't for your greed. Thats what I did last year during the Xmas shutdown period, and really enjoyed the game time. It was my holiday treat to myself.

Because I could shuffle before starting by the way, in case you really are this stupid as to not get that yet, as it appears you are.

For you others still watching this thread - look below at the numbers. 1.2K answers, 57.5K views over less than a month. This thread blitzes everything else in these entire forums, yet still the gutless wonders do not answer or respond to the player base.

And what is more, they have deliberately removed this from the hot topics box, though as you can see here, it is clearly the hottest topic and clearly should be at the top of that list. There is nothing else even remotely close in numbers.

Get the message guys - they have sent it loud and clear. They simply do not care. We should respond in kind in my humble opinion and simply stop everything - logging in and playing. It is all they'll understand. 

Have a good New Year all!!

You were foolish enough to spend actual money on a free game??  Sounds like you deserve what you got.  No one with even half a brain would spend money on a completely free-to-play game.
    ive got twice your brain and ive paid. BEFORE this fix, of course. get over yourself. 
    You have twice my “brain” yet don’t understand the use of apostrophes?
    you sweet simpleton. one of my “degrees” is in “english.” i choose to type informally on my phone simply because its faster. my grammar is still superior to yours in every conceivable way. please see yourself out to the nearest sports bar to piss away your money & regale the bartenders with tales of your superior spending skills. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?