No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited January 2020
    It sure is based upon your excellent use of capitalization and syntax.  Good call on the sports bar prediction tonight too, had you made the wager that I went to one you’d have won on just over +500 odds(though I only place wagers on sporting events I have knowledge of; tonight’s games did not apply). The bartender actually regaled me with tales of a different patron that was down $3900 already with an open wager on under 40 points on the Georgia/Baylor game.  Considering your apparent skills in this area perhaps you should take it up :)

In any event, we have agreed here - thanks in no small part to the wise words of @mercerik - to keep this thread on the popular topic at hand so as to not risk having it closed due to getting off the rails.  Feel free to send me a private message if you’d like to attempt to defend wasting money on a completely free-to-play game rather than debate it here.

As to posters’ recent points, I also wouldn’t expect a response before Monday the 6th as it’s doubtful much will occur these next two days before the weekend.  Even then, considering we had no official response for about three whole weeks before Christmas on a hugely (un)popular thread, it’s quite possible that we hear nothing for a while also.  

My personal experience based solely upon the “teammates” I’m stuck with in the useless fauxtastic five feature tells me that play time has been down as each week since the “fix” the final goal hasn’t been met and the “team” is shuffled every week. This could simply be bad luck on my part but I’ve seen other forum members post this same thing as well. If my experience is indeed the overall trend then King will have to acknowledge and respond to this or risk alienating even more players than they already have.
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    LoL - 61 300+ views, 1 300+ replies and still nothing. Biggest most viral topic to ever hit these forums by the look of it, and nothing from King...

So anyway today I hopped on, finished 14 levels to complete the episode I stopped at, had freebies so though why not? Finished another 15 levels to win that episode race by about 12 levels, and end up on 5150. Just wanted to prove to myself that I could still do it with or without restarts, and while you can, it really is not fun.

Maybe I will clear out all my boosters before deleting, about 40 of each to go. Wish you could give them away...personally I don't mind timed boosters and starting with 3 bombs, 3 wrappers, fish etc, just the no more restarts thing was the last straw. Once I clear out the last boosters I will then clear out the Crush too.

So on level 5150 - One of my favourite albums and guitar amps, I think thats where I will bid you all good night and good luck for 2020 all.

PS. Thanks again King - you saved me about $40 over this last month. Was on holidays for 3 weeks of that and would have spent up if it wasn't for your stupid move to stop restarts. Now in my pocket, not yours!!
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    if you’d like to attempt to defend wasting money on a completely free-to-play game
    Just couldn't resist letting you know this quote DN:

Projection is a psychological defense mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person. For example, a husband who has a hostile nature might attribute this hostility to his wife and say she has an anger management problem.Feb 16, 2016

Or - perhaps - a person who bets money that unless they win EVERY bet always is guilty of wasteful spending where they get absolutely nothing in return on every lost bet, could see other's spending as stupid or dumb and tell them they have the problem even if they got exactly what they paid for and are happy with the result. Boom! Bet you don't get it :D

I've yet to meet a person ever who won every bet they made, so I'm gonna just leave now confident that your disgust in the people who made the game possible for you to even play is actually more likely anger at your own betting issues.

LoL - I won't answer back DN, just had to give one parting shot at an obvious target who deserves it.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    LoL - 61 300+ views, 1 300+ replies and still nothing. Biggest most viral topic to ever hit these forums by the look of it, and nothing from King...

So anyway today I hopped on, finished 14 levels to complete the episode I stopped at, had freebies so though why not? Finished another 15 levels to win that episode race by about 12 levels, and end up on 5150. Just wanted to prove to myself that I could still do it with or without restarts, and while you can, it really is not fun.

Maybe I will clear out all my boosters before deleting, about 40 of each to go. Wish you could give them away...personally I don't mind timed boosters and starting with 3 bombs, 3 wrappers, fish etc, just the no more restarts thing was the last straw. Once I clear out the last boosters I will then clear out the Crush too.

So on level 5150 - One of my favourite albums and guitar amps, I think thats where I will bid you all good night and good luck for 2020 all.

PS. Thanks again King - you saved me about $40 over this last month. Was on holidays for 3 weeks of that and would have spent up if it wasn't for your stupid move to stop restarts. Now in my pocket, not yours!!
    Almost the biggest that I know of - on the soda saga page there’s a thread with 110 or so pages which in recent months has pretty much been completely ignored by anyone with authority, though this one seems to have gotten bigger faster.  Very little was done to the universally-detested “team” feature that was the subject of that thread despite many promises of impending changes based on large amounts of entirely negative feedback to “the studio” but I hope we have a better outcome here.  After all this is their flagship game so there should be more incentive to keep players happy here.

Whatever you do, don’t delete it yet as you’ll lose all your stored boosters.  Give King a couple weeks to review what must be downward-trending data and then make a final decision.  Otherwise if you find out they’ve reverted the game to its previously-playable state and try to start again you’ll just be out all of your boosters for no reason.  Just log on daily til then to spin the wheel and check to see if the “fix” has been removed, that’s all I and apparently many others here do.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    if you’d like to attempt to defend wasting money on a completely free-to-play game
    Just couldn't resist letting you know this quote DN:

Projection is a psychological defense mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person. For example, a husband who has a hostile nature might attribute this hostility to his wife and say she has an anger management problem.Feb 16, 2016

Or - perhaps - a person who bets money that unless they win EVERY bet always is guilty of wasteful spending where they get absolutely nothing in return on every lost bet, could see other's spending as stupid or dumb and tell them they have the problem even if they got exactly what they paid for and are happy with the result. Boom! Bet you don't get it :D

I've yet to meet a person ever who won every bet they made, so I'm gonna just leave now confident that your disgust in the people who made the game possible for you to even play is actually more likely anger at your own betting issues.

LoL - I won't answer back DN, just had to give one parting shot at an obvious target who deserves it.
    When you find a King free-to-play-game player that’s ahead after their “investment”, now that’s the kind of person I want to meet!

If you chose to quote that small part of the paragraph, surely you saw the handful of words previous to it requesting a private message request rather than an off-topic post.  Excellent post though, if I were behind a lot or making wagers out of desperation in order to pay the mortgages or bills, etc... perhaps your post would have struck a nerve?  Not sure what your intention was with this but it missed the mark.  Feel free to respond publicly to my previous reply to you that’s on-topic(I hit reply at the same time you must have) and anything else via private message.
  • cthom1174
    cthom1174 Posts: 8 Level 2
    I am quitting after several years of spending too much money and time.  First the removal of the ability to look at the game board and back out without losing a life to determine what strategy you may want to use and what boosters could be helpful.  Then the addition of the candy pink cover that hides the color so you are left to the game telling you hints and pure luck until enough is revealed to actually use any strategy.  So strategy is out and very hard levels are not even marked hard.  6054 a perfect example of an impossible game that is pure luck.  The game developers make it very difficult to return to early levels that were easy enough to let you rebuild your boosters when you do lose a life.  In short everything done recently makes the game very very unfun.  Nothing that adds to the pleasure of the game.  So ignore our comments all you want and take the low road.  We know what you are doing.  Making it so hard you have to buy extra turns or boosters to pass.  The latest levels have just been no fun at all.  The game in general has taken a big turn to be a lousy customer experience.
  • Christophe2002
    Christophe2002 Posts: 5 Level 2
    I think I am done with CC because of:
    - the bogus fix (MAIN REASON), as the game is not fun and relaxing anymore. 
    - a now recurring problem: I was lucky enough to clear a very hard level (6070) and started 6071, to find out that I was back at 6070 in my next session: the same problem happened at least 3 times in the past 2 months.
    - the pink cover addition makes it very hard to see the color of the candies (like cthom1174 said).
    - If I logged out of Facebook, my ranking drops down, even though I don't really care about it (so instead of being at 105, I am back at 9)
    - the wheel to get extra moves after watching an ad is now almost completely gone and in addition, when I get it, I don't get the extra moves at all anymore. At least before it was 50/50. 
    - I don't mind challenging levels, but when they are impossible without a little bit of help (reshuffling the board with boosters for example!), this is ridiculous. 

Very frustrating game to play now! A game is supposed to be fun to play. 
  • m_j_
    m_j_ Posts: 20 Level 2
    I have been reading over the posts and all I see are a lot of unhappy players.  What the customers are asking for is not hard to figure out.

1.  Give us the ability to reset the board with out losing lives.  

2.  Stop giving us timed boosters which show after we have lost all our lives and they expire before we our new lives.

3.  Would it be to hard to have everyone playing the same game without certain player having perks that give them an 
         unfair advantage over the rest of us.

4.  I have been a loyal player but the game is becoming less fun so I am going to find something that will bring a little               joy into my life.

Thank you everyone.  You are a great community that I have enjoyed for several years.

The power's that be in the King headquarters wake up and smell the coffee.  It is getting cold and stale.

Everyone enjoy what comes your way because it can be taken away all to soon.  Life is to short don't waste one moment of it.  

Thanks everyone!!!
  • WatchMEcRush21
    WatchMEcRush21 Posts: 43 Level 2
    I love the fact that Subway Surfers surpassed Candy Crush Saga this year!  Let’s keep the decline going in 2020 until they realize this “fix” is making it much much worse for everyone.  CCS has seen a decline since 2015 and probably trying to get away from their flagship (in my opinion).  I look forward to the CM’s response hopefully by next Monday because it will be full of 💩.  I’m sure of that.  Happy surfing 🏄‍♀️!  😉
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?