No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited January 2020
    You posted it yourself recently when you were mentioning something about having to leave the game. You posted a photo ID or something. I found the name nice and I liked to use it (I think its origin is Spanish or South American). Was the name of the wife of the guy who founded the famous brand and used it to name his cars. Didn't expect to receive a badge though :-)
    @Eddie_Sparrow;   

Hi Eddie! It is OK. I didn't realize it, but my name and Facebook Photo were included when I shared a game ScreenShot. Not a big deal. You were right, my name origin is Spanish. I was named after my grandmother. My parents from both sides have mixed races. They are half Spanish from Spain.

You got the badge not from mentioning my name but from tagging members using the @ symbol. My name didn't have anything to do with it, unfortunately. 😊 
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    SagaR said:

I am one of the people who has decided that this latest stunt is the last straw. I will go to level 6000 (a nice round number) and then I will stop. Unless, of course, the decision about the board reset is reversed, but that does not seem likely.
    I wrote the above on 11 December 2019. It's now 4 January 2020 and I did indeed do as I said I would. I completed level 6000 on 31 December, New Year's Eve. I timed it that way as I liked the symbolism - something ending and something else beginning.

I have not played any Candy Crush Saga (or any other King game) levels since then. It has in fact been surprisingly easy even though the game was such a big part of my daily life for more than two years. The "fix" utterly destroyed the game for me. It removed all enjoyment and brought just frustration and disappointment. So for me, there is no longer any reason to keep playing.

If the board reset function is restored I may start again, but the more time passes, the more I start to think that maybe I'm done for good no matter what happens.
  • MataiceAlison
    MataiceAlison Posts: 313 Level 4
    mercerik said:
    I’d also Like to know in which forums they are responding!
    @LuckyMe1189; @Eddie_Sparrow

Go to the CM's profile. To the far right of his Profile Photo under Activity, Notifications, Moderation, and Discussions, you'll find Comments. Click on it. After clicking it, go down in the middle. Right below the Badges and Reactions are the Comments he wrote.

You can go there directly with this link: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/profile/comments/Pounawea
    His comments are below the Badges and reactions. 

I still help members in the Community once in a while but some needs a follow up from the CM. I tagged him in at least 2 but he never responded. I followed the games that he is frequenting. I know I wouldn't win anything from there but I want to see if he is going to respond to me but never got any. He responded to other players though. 

CM's Latest Comments Links:
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/539371#Comment_539371
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/538734#Comment_538734
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/538725#Comment_538725
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/538483#Comment_538483
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/538480#Comment_538480
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/538467#Comment_538467

There are many more which is why I showed you how to go there so you can get the latest comments yourself. 
    thank you@mercerik
  • Marzia333
    Marzia333 Posts: 1,754 Level 4
    Can anybody pls explain what happened? ? I don’t understand anything 
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited January 2020
    Marzia333 said:
    Can anybody pls explain what happened? ? I don’t understand anything 
    @Marzia333;

Hi there! Welcome to the Board Reset Thread where the Members 88-Page Plea has been ignored for a month now! Thanks for joining us!

To help you understand what is going on, let me clue you in! The Short Version is that the Free Board Reset feature that has existed for 7 years was pulled out and replaced by a Paid Board Reset on December 5. On this day,  if a player decides to exit a Bad Looking Board Configuration, he loses a life, the Boasters he checked before hitting the Play Button and loses a level in the process. The Community Manager gave us false hope and then totally abandoned the Thread. 

If you want to know more, please go to page 1 where the misleading announcement from the Community Manager Pounawea, stating that the Board Reset Behavior was an Unintended Issue that needed to be fixed.

To date this Thread has approximately 1,300 Replies and 63,500 Views.

I hope this fully explained the situation we are currently in.
  • m_j_
    m_j_ Posts: 20 Level 2
    I came to this forum to ask for the board reset if you got a lousy one the first time.  It is totally disgusting to have to play a board you know you will never win.  I still don't feel that is asking to much.

I also learned a great deal about the game from reading the forum about how the game was different for everyone.  I was under the impression that I was playing with the same game as everyone else.  But that is not the way it works.  There are several different versions of the game out there and all have different features.  It changes from device to device.  Some people got boosters from watching videos.  The booster went to being timed which doesn't help if you run out of lives at the exact moment they give it to you.  Or you are playing a board that won't let use that booster and it is a total waste.

I have cut my time playing and I no longer buy lives or boosters.  If I am on your  Fantastic Five team I apologize but the KING has made a fun game totally disgusting.  I just keep getting hard games with a skull starring at me.  I am going to try to get to level  3000 and hang it up.

Thanks KING for making a game that was FUN into something is very unfriendly to its customers.
  • divine_8888
    divine_8888 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Pfff I think for King want a money because i'm stuck on level 6174 is total impossible !!! 
  • BobMar
    BobMar Posts: 2 Newbie
    mercerik said:

It affects me and now I'm stuck on my level forever... :lol:

@MightyWolf

If you only knew how long I have been stuck. I lost my boosters! I lost gift of lives! It is infuriating! 

Person Pouting on Facebook

• BobMar
    BobMar Posts: 2 Newbie
    Never a good idea to take something away that you have already given. Sine the ability to reset has been taken away, in protest I haven’t spent another penny and - when I get to a level I am unable to pass - I will simply stop playing. This after years of playing Crush - and spending money!! It’s just really annoyed me!!!!
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 215 Level 3
    Yes, I’m still playing the game, and one of my biggest pet peeves is being able to pass the hard to nightmarishly hard levels, collect scrolls, AND THEN IM ASKED TO PAY FOR THEM? I earned the darned things - ugh!
    That is one of the features I have never had in my game, thankfully. It would just annoy me.
    My Mom has that on her tablet.

Currently I have these:
    Chocolate Box
    Booster Bot
    1 spin/day Booster Wheel
    Space Race
    Fantastic Five
    Race for Gold
    Daily Win sticker
    Treat Calendar

My Mom has the bottom 5, ad videos, and the scrolls on her phone. She's never had Booster Bot or the chocolate box. Her tablet has hardly any of them.
    @JethrinaBodina it’s interesting to see all the features itemized like that.
    I have - 
    Treat Calendar - half the boosters are timed (yuck)
    Daily Win sticker 
    Fantastic Five - where we rarely meet the goal anymore
    Space Race - which is not very helpful as I’m getting stuck more & more on levels so can’t        really compete
    Daily Booster Wheel spin

The list of what I don’t have is longer
    No ads for videos
    No Episode Race
    No Candy Pet
    No booster bot - it never came back after Christmas
    No piggy bank (but not really relevant as I will not spend a penny)
    No Chocolate Box ??? I have no idea what that is, other than I guess it’s just one more feature I don’t have.

To explain away the differences as some being test features is hard to believe, do these tests really go on for years?
    They could at least give everyone a level playing field since we now have to deal with “The Fix”. Especially since losing the bot I am stuck on some levels forever, which is B-O-R-I-N-G. 
    I’ve played a lot less since Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?