No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Kazza-3 said:

To explain away the differences as some being test features is hard to believe, do these tests really go on for years?
    They could at least give everyone a level playing field since we now have to deal with “The Fix”. Especially since losing the bot I am stuck on some levels forever, which is B-O-R-I-N-G. 
    I’ve played a lot less since Christmas.

Testing does not last for years, it's an insult for them to even say that and expect us to buy it as anything other than BS. We're peasants not IDIOTS, lol (kidding)
    The Chocolate Box is recent and it's really very stupid. I'll screenshot a pic of it when I can. You have to choose 1 of 4 different tasks from each of four colored candies. When you complete the tasks the box gives you boosters. But you can only do 3 tasks a day! So you only get the box filled every other day and it's only a color bomb, a wrapped/striped, and a hammer. I do it just for the hammer!
    I can help you win the Space Race, I won it every week. It's literally the only way to keep playing past level 2500. Other than what I do to win, playing isn't really fun and I am getting sick of it. I will NEVER give this company a dime.

I don't have the Piggy Bank, either. I saw it when I was logged out playing offline. It would have held 60 gold bars.
    I do have the Calendar and Daily Win.
    Whoop de Doo.

Winning the Space Race in slot #1 gets you 6 hours of color bombs and wrapped/striped candies along with 1 of the other regular boosters. If you have someone that'll help you build up lives, (I use my Mom's devices) you can get some levels with those 6 hours. I get 6 on both my phone and my tablet. Reckonthey'll be "fixing" that "problem" eventually.

Send me a message, I'll tell you what I know. I'm really mad that the videos are gone. Not having those extra spins sucks. I was able to find a sweet spot on the wheel that was fairly successful in landing on 15 moves!
  • Shooter8376
    Shooter8376 Posts: 3 Newbie
    One thing I should say about Candy Crush is that it used to be a perfectly balanced game. Many times you would feel like quitting all together but the game just gave you just enough to keep you going. For a long time for many players, in my case 5 years.

With the change that came at the beginning of December, the balance was gone and the game became unplayable. I rarely bought anything, only in a few moments of weakness, but I can understand those who did. But now who in their right mind would buy boosters now and spend money on something which you could lose straight away with a bad board ?

I kept the game installed over December, logging in each day to collect boosters. I was hopeful that things might return to normal by the end of the year. Sadly over a month has gone by and that has not happened.

I uninstalled the game on 1st January and I can honestly say I am not missing it. If you feel the same disappointment as me, the best response to King is to uninstall it as well.

I will log into this thread from time to time to see if sanity has prevailed. If so I might install Candy Crush again. If not, its not the end of the world.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    One thing I should say about Candy Crush is that it used to be a perfectly balanced game. Many times you would feel like quitting all together but the game just gave you just enough to keep you going. For a long time for many players, in my case 5 years.

With the change that came at the beginning of December, the balance was gone and the game became unplayable. I rarely bought anything, only in a few moments of weakness, but I can understand those who did. But now who in their right mind would buy boosters now and spend money on something which you could lose straight away with a bad board ?

I kept the game installed over December, logging in each day to collect boosters. I was hopeful that things might return to normal by the end of the year. Sadly over a month has gone by and that has not happened.

I uninstalled the game on 1st January and I can honestly say I am not missing it. If you feel the same disappointment as me, the best response to King is to uninstall it as well.

I will log into this thread from time to time to see if sanity has prevailed. If so I might install Candy Crush again. If not, its not the end of the world.
    You echo my sentiments exactly except for the whole spending actual money on virtual items part; this game is free so spending even a single cent makes no sense at all whatsoever.  I happily “watched” ads to support it but they were removed after a couple months on my version of the game.

The game was never balanced due to the fact that presumably hundreds of different versions currently exist.  I’ve seen a ton of posts not only on this thread but on the forum as a whole and elsewhere that mention things like a “dexter” and “space race” feature that have apparently existed for many months if not years yet I have never seen said events and have been playing since 2012.  As @JethrinaBodina just said, it’s a crock of fecal matter to claim that these various features are in a “beta test” for years at a time.

I - like you - haven’t been playing since this bogus “fix” and will gladly never touch the game again since this obviously corrupt company can change the basic rules of their games whenever they so choose and with no valid reason at all whatsoever.  

It’s also beyond ridiculous that King employees haven’t responded to this particular thread in weeks yet are still actively responding to others here on the forum even after being called out by being individually tagged repeatedly.  I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here because of the holiday season but it’s clear that they’re just avoiding this thread purposefully.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    It’s also beyond ridiculous that King employees haven’t responded to this particular thread in weeks yet are still actively responding to others here on the forum even after being called out by being individually tagged repeatedly.  I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here because of the holiday season but it’s clear that they’re just avoiding this thread purposefully.
    I choose YOU to start a fresh "discussion" thread!!
    My brain is tired of thinking about it. They are ignoring this thread and are clearly hoping it'll just took away.
    I just can't come up with the opening line. I'll sleep on it! If you don't do it... (You know you want to)... I'll do it tomorrow.
    😎✌
  • Shooter8376
    Shooter8376 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Spending money on the game is hardly my idea of a good investment, and is something I did very rarely. However I can accept that others might want to spend money on it, to be "entertained" if you like. In any case, without people spending money on the game it would not exist. It is a business which would not survive without income.

While we are all aware that there are many variations of the game depending on which platform you are on, I can only make comment on the version which was available to me. The balance I spoke of refers to the way the game gave you just enough back to keep your interest. While frustrating at times, you always returned. By removing the reset, thus giving less to the player, the balance was gone with the resulting loss of interest by many long term players.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    I choose YOU to start a fresh "discussion" thread!!
    My brain is tired of thinking about it. They are ignoring this thread and are clearly hoping it'll just took away.
    I just can't come up with the opening line. I'll sleep on it! If you don't do it... (You know you want to)... I'll do it tomorrow.
    😎✌
    There’s no point to opening a new similarly-themed discussion as they’d simply not respond to or close that one too.  The fact that they have ignored what I’m sure is the hottest topic on all of their various game forums should speak volumes about their level of devotion to their players.
  • littlekitty
    littlekitty Posts: 1 Newbie
    This is ridiculous. You are telling me this “fix” was for something that was a mistake?  It has been part of the game since the BEGINNING!!

I hope you are happy. I’m going from playing every day, watching all the ads, to deleting the app since it’s not fun anymore. This is a terrible business decision. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Spending money on the game is hardly my idea of a good investment, and is something I did very rarely. However I can accept that others might want to spend money on it, to be "entertained" if you like. In any case, without people spending money on the game it would not exist. It is a business which would not survive without income.

While we are all aware that there are many variations of the game depending on which platform you are on, I can only make comment on the version which was available to me. The balance I spoke of refers to the way the game gave you just enough back to keep your interest. While frustrating at times, you always returned. By removing the reset, thus giving less to the player, the balance was gone with the resulting loss of interest by many long term players.
    Spending money on this game can not possibly be called an “investment” at all as there are no possible returns from any money spent.  Simply put, there is no reason to spend money on this as it(before the “fix”, anyway) was easily able to be played for free without any monetary input.

I kept “returning” strictly because at the higher levels the only strategy available was to select a particular booster combo to start each level.  After the initial move which the player could control everything is based strictly upon the luck of how the candies fall.

As I have stated many times, I’d happily support the game via “watching” ads.  That feature was available to me for a month or two and then removed.  In those two months I was inundated by them - ads for more lives.  Ads to get a pre-game booster. Ads to get more moves on a level after failing.  Ads on a balloon floating across the main game screen for a free booster.  Ads after spinning the daily booster wheel to get another free spin every other day.  Every single one of these options was removed without explanation.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    if you’d like to attempt to defend wasting money on a completely free-to-play game
    Just couldn't resist letting you know this quote DN:

Projection is a psychological defense mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person. For example, a husband who has a hostile nature might attribute this hostility to his wife and say she has an anger management problem.Feb 16, 2016

Or - perhaps - a person who bets money that unless they win EVERY bet always is guilty of wasteful spending where they get absolutely nothing in return on every lost bet, could see other's spending as stupid or dumb and tell them they have the problem even if they got exactly what they paid for and are happy with the result. Boom! Bet you don't get it :D

I've yet to meet a person ever who won every bet they made, so I'm gonna just leave now confident that your disgust in the people who made the game possible for you to even play is actually more likely anger at your own betting issues.

LoL - I won't answer back DN, just had to give one parting shot at an obvious target who deserves it.
    Since you seem to think I need to place a call to 1-800-gambler...I won 430 tonight on my 2 sports bets.  With how poorly the patriots have been playing the last half of the season I put money on the titans and made out quite well :).  Lost 20 on a player-specific bet but oh well - I’m certainly not going to physically or verbally abuse anyone over it ;).  If the eagles win tomorrow I’ll gain an additional 375, wish me luck! :p

Naturally I don’t expect to win on every bet(doing so would be exceptionally foolish as you’re basically relying on random strangers to perform better than other random strangers) but if you follow the sport you bet on you can make out quite well.  

Your post which I’m quoting has nothing to do with the issue at hand so as to the topic - the random changing of the basic rules of the game - it’s simply a BS ploy by King to extract maximum currency from players that for some reason are addicted to either gettting to or staying at the top levels.
  • Ledalasvegas
    Ledalasvegas Posts: 32 Level 2
    I'd like to point out something that to me seems fairly obvious.
    Dear Morally Superior Players Who NEVER Put Any Money Into This Game:
    First of all, this moral superiority you're implying is ridiculous. Many people pay for otherwise free entertainment; it's hardly a gold standard of intelligence to announce otherwise.
    Secondly, KING MAKES PROFIT FROM PAYING CUSTOMERS. So why on Earth do you think King is going to give a damn when people who contributed NOTHING to King's bottom line get their panties in a bunch because their free game no longer plays by the rules they prefer? Trust me, they aren't going to care if somebody who refused to pay anything for their game suddenly... refuses to pay for their game.You are literally doing nothing to affect their bottom line either way. 
    Now, those of us unintelligent losers who pay the odd $1.99 for that extra 5 moves to get past an exasperating level...we are the ones whom King might listen to. Not you. It isn't a waste of money if you feel like you're getting something from it. 
    I pay to go to the movies instead of waiting for it to show up on Netflix...which I pay for. Do I have something to show for either one? No. 
    Occasionally, I'll play a slot machine... Because they're fun. Again, I get nothing but short term satisfaction. So what?
    I, personally, find pleasure in beating a stupid level that I'm no longer enjoying...even if I buy some gold bars to do it. There is literally nothing wrong with it and I'm paying for my satisfaction which is probably a little healthier than taking shots or smoking a joint.
    If it was only wise to buy things which allow an immediate material benefit, then I'd be out of a job (I work as a designer in the theatre industry)!
    So please step off your pedestal and support the people who are most likely to change King's stupid, idiotic, shortsighted decision: The people who refuse to give up any more money for a product they can no longer utilize at their discretion. 
    TL;DR: KING ISN'T GOING TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER PAID ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE. 
    So calm down. The actual consumers who pay for the odd booster are the ones King might listen to. Not you.

All that aside, it's pretty obvious that King isn't going to do anything. Even @Pounawea hasn't been policing this thread, and never bothered to give us that official announcement we've been waiting on for weeks (I remember the last time this happened...@Elsa was super cool and didn't condescend...can we get her back please???)

To my shock, I realized that I'd spent close to $200 over the past few years on this game (yeah, those $1.99  bars add up apparently). Haven't spent a dime since this fake fix. I'm still playing, but I'll stay on the same level now instead of that impulse buy since I can't get close enough to finish within 5 moves nor can I reset the board to make it possible. 

King has lost my fiscal patronage. 

Back to Numberzilla... It's a lot more interesting at the moment. 

And stop condescending to the people who might actually pressure King to fix this!

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?