Where did your nickname come from?

Options

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina I am so sorry to hear that happened to your son but he is safe and sound now and that's the most important. One of my relatives had a similar car accident with her brother. Luckily, they both had just several scratches. Their father passed away when they were very young so I am sure he was their guardian angel that day, the same as in your son's case.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    I'm glad you didn't lose them.
    I only share the story in the hopes that it'll get someone else's kid to always buckle up. Seatbelts save lives.
    Bryan said so many airbags went off he had to wait five minutes for them to deflatebefore he could figure out how to get out of the car.
    My heart stopped when I saw pics of the car. It was incredible. 
    ✌😎
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina You are right. That's very important! Thank you one more time for sharing the story. Even if it reaches a single person it's worth it.
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,854 Level 5
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina
    Wow! I hope that the message of the importance of seatbelts is heard and heeded.
  • JethrinaBodina
    Options
    Me, too! It's kind of mission in my life now. It was a real miracle and he knows it as well. So does Nissan because I wrote to them and thanked them for the Rogue's safety features! He's all I've got... I know how blessed we are and I hope anyone that cares to will share his story with someone...
    ✌😎

• firebombmarkus
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina Wow! He was really lucky. Thanks God we have angels!
  • gr33n3y3z
    gr33n3y3z Posts: 9,493 Level 5
    Options
    @JethrinaBodina, thank you for sharing I'm always happy to hear a good ending to something that could of turned out worse. Unfortunately in 2014 I lost my mother in a auto accident her and my father were both wearing seat belts but unfortunately the air bag didn't go off ending up in my mother's death, I'm lucky to have my dad. He has survivers guilt he ended up breaking both legs and arms had bleeding in the brain. Thank God with good surgeons and lots of support he is fine. I'm very cautious these days when I'm in a car, I'm more aware of everything around me.
  • JethrinaBodina
    Options
    gr33n3y3z said:
    @JethrinaBodina, thank you for sharing I'm always happy to hear a good ending to something that could of turned out worse. Unfortunately in 2014 I lost my mother in a auto accident her and my father were both wearing seat belts but unfortunately the air bag didn't go off ending up in my mother's death, I'm lucky to have my dad. He has survivers guilt he ended up breaking both legs and arms had bleeding in the brain. Thank God with good surgeons and lots of support he is fine. I'm very cautious these days when I'm in a car, I'm more aware of everything around me.
    Wow, I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope your Dad knows in his heart that she's with you, watching over you, and is whole and at peace. I lost my sister two years ago, had to wake and tell my Mom her first born was gone and neither of us had seen her in 4 years. 
    Life is short and can be over in an instant. My husband got up to go to work one day and collapsed in the kitchen. Gone. Instantly. 
    I know he's here with me and with our son. 
    These are easy things to say, harder to live by. 

It's not my intention to cause hurt or any negative emotion. We all have our reasons for being right here right now and respecting that is what is most important. I'm a 55 yr old disabled widow with a grown son. I live with and take care of MY Mom and enjoy every minute I have with her. Someday I'll be closer to my son and a new path will open up. For now, with the stress of daily life, I have to admit that this ridiculous game takes my mind to a place that's better than where it would otherwise be.

I'm grateful for the kindness of those I call "frangers". We all have at least one thing in common!  

✌😎

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?