No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• grr
    grr Posts: 100 Level 3
    mercerik said:
    grr said:
    I would definitely agree, and would add that before any manual update do a screenshot. My Candy Crush Soda auto-updated and wiped out my dozens of boosters. I didn't have a screenshot from before the update because why would I? I didn't know the update was going to run and hadn't had any problems before. Without a screenshot, I couldn't get my boosters restored. I got a few goldbars for my trouble but it hardly made up for losing dozens of boosters!
    @grr ;

If I were you, I wouldn't do anything unless it is proven. I never messed with anything in my game and I am still thriving. What happened to you might have been merely a coincidence. If the Auto-Update is turned off, you might stumble on a much bigger problem than what you previously had, not just with Candy Crush Saga. This is when a never ending nightmare begins. 
    No problem if I run manual updates regularly - I can do a screenshot first. With auto-updates you don't know when they will run. I would rather protect my boosters. Unfortunately Candy Crush Soda has now made it next to impossible to earn boosters so when my now meager stash is gone, I will be too. I guess King is trying to eliminate players that aren't willing to spend big bucks for boosters in all their games.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited January 2020
    grr said:
    No problem if I run manual updates regularly - I can do a screenshot first. With auto-updates you don't know when they will run. I would rather protect my boosters. Unfortunately Candy Crush Soda has now made it next to impossible to earn boosters so when my now meager stash is gone, I will be too. I guess King is trying to eliminate players that aren't willing to spend big bucks for boosters in all their games.
    @grr

Although I disagree with the way the Board Reset was handled, I don't think King Digital Entertainment is trying to eliminate non-paying players because no online games will survive without them.

As regards to the Auto-Updates, the easy way to deal with this feature is to temporarily disable it. At least enable it once a day so everything in your device gets updated. When the updates are done, disable it again. This will save you time doing these individually. 
  • mercerik
    Hey it looks like they eliminated the golden wheel spin too - who would want to spend bars on a chance to get practically nothing?
    Hi there, @LuckyMe1189 ;

I think what you are referring to is the Paid Booster Wheel which usually comes up after spinning the first free one. It doesn't really matter if it is gone because it is not free anyway.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Hey it looks like they eliminated the golden wheel spin too - who would want to spend bars on a chance to get practically nothing?
    That's yet another thing my Mom has always had on one device and not the other, and that I've never had. The "Goldenb Wheel, lol
    The green one that comes up after you do your daily free spin showed up again for me today, that's been gone for months. I would rather hoard gold I get for free and buy hammers with it! I use them more than any other.
    ✌😎
  • xarmy
    xarmy Posts: 5 Level 2
    Done with you Candy Crush, your lack of professionalism is absurd!! It’s been over a month and WE are still waiting from an answer from the studio. Lol (ridiculous) 
    I WOULD NOT spend a single dime on this game until the “ fix” is undone!
    #byefelicia

• MataiceAlison
    MataiceAlison Posts: 313 Level 4

Turn off Auto-update 

Once again the King giveth the King TAKETH AWAY

Yay. Another nail is hammered....

✌😎
    This does not protect you from across-the-board changes to the game like the Sugar Drop cap. It can help you keep their "per device" features, but that's just a theory. It worked for my Mom's phone. 

Good grief. This is a very disheartening development after SO many people were finally happy with a change made to the game.

"Hey peasants, you can have your untimed boosters back! But you'll have to work your butts off to get them! Good luck with that!!
    Mwaah aah aah aah aaahhhh
    It's GOOD to be the King"
    i think its time for me to read the books i had piled up to read at the beginning of this because King cooperation has helped me deal with the addiction of the CCS game that had made me fail to read them! 
    an applause for king!
  • lorieb4
    lorieb4 Posts: 32 Level 2
    But they didn’t have a problem eliminating a lot of paying ones?
  • lorieb4
    lorieb4 Posts: 32 Level 2
    I doubt anyone used the golden wheel.  You had to pay for it...it wasn’t free to use.
  • mercerik
    lorieb4 said:
    But they didn’t have a problem eliminating a lot of paying ones?
    @lorieb4;

Maybe! We wouldn't know! There could be some heavily addicted players who would stay, pay and play. I don't think King would let this stand-off go on for 35 days if he is losing the battle. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 11,816 Level 2
    It's over. I defend my right to defend the rights of everyone to play or play to play without being called fools or idiots.
    Unfortunately, one cannot talk reasonably to an unreasonable individual.
    Your dedication to keeping open this Reset the Board thread is really probably only prolonging the misery as it's clearly obvious that it's not going to be "UN-fixed" and will NEVER be responded to by anyone that CAN "unfix" it. 
    The CM that created it has been directed to stay away from it. The "Superstars" are following suit.
    This has become more of an avenue for attacking other players for innocently posting how they feel. Because I have strong personal feelings about that I have "foolishly" tried to intervene. I admit that and will again apologize for offending ANYONE. That's truly not how I roll.
    Good luck effecting change. I'll be very grateful if you accomplish it. 

I'm done now. 
    Peace ✌😎

I needed an “Applause” reaction for this comment! Or a “drop the mic” one even!

Dear JethrinaBodina,

farah khan bollywood GIF

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?