⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

What are timed boosters and how to use them?

Jelly_Jenny
Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
edited September 2019 in Level Help & Tips

Timed boosters - what are they?

Timed boosters are special ‘countdown’ power-ups that can be won in-game and will deliver into any level before you start. They can provide a helping hand on the trickier levels later in the game.

You can win or buy timed boosters and we’re offering more and more ways to collect them to help you through your saga journey. Also, you can ‘stack’ timed boosters, so if you win time with the same booster in different ways, the timer will 'stack' and keep on growing.

Winning a timed booster means that you can use it multiple times in levels until the timer expires. It’s a great way to get even more use out of your booster win! Another benefit is, one timed booster isn't lost if you fail the level attempt. Keep trying and it could be delivered dozens of times before it expires!

Keep in mind that the timer is ‘real-time’, and will continue to count down while you’re away, asleep or taking a break.

Which boosters can be timed boosters?

These are the boosters that could add to your level when you start to play.

• Swedish Fish
  • Color Bomb
  • Coconut Wheel
  • Striped & Wrapped

You’ll know when a timed booster is in play before you start a level, as it will show in your ‘level goals’ pop-up before you tap ‘Play’.

IMG_51C7F9146A39-1jpeg

They’ll provide a helpful fish, a color bomb, a coconut wheel or a randomly placed Striped & Wrapped candy.  

Tip: Be sure to check the countdown timer before playing the level, to see how long you have before the timed booster expires. Don’t worry though, we'll always offer ways to win more!

Pro-Tip!

Events and challenges which offer timed booster wins will always deliver at the end of the event, or your achievement. Keeping in mind that timed boosters are in ‘real-time’, make sure you have levels, lives and opportunity to use them!

Comments

• Khoddiey_Clark
    Khoddiey_Clark Posts: 358 Level 3
    Why do you get a purple button nest to the play button before starting a level? Ive never had that. 
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Why do you get a purple button nest to the play button before starting a level? Ive never had that. 
    This is a feature that's not (at least yet) available for all players. The game studio is constantly testing on different game features and aspects, and before moving onto implementing for all players, they test with a smaller player group. Hopefully you will get the pre-game booster option soon! 
  • veralcega
    veralcega Posts: 1 Newbie
    Escribe tu comentarioyo tampoco tengo esos botones, y me estreso porque mi esposo si lo tiene en su juego y ya me está alcanzando...

• sloanie
    sloanie Posts: 1 Newbie

Timed boosters - what are they?

Timed boosters are special ‘countdown’ power-ups that can be won in-game and will deliver into any level before you start. They can provide a helping hand on the trickier levels later in the game.

You can win or buy timed boosters and we’re offering more and more ways to collect them to help you through your saga journey. Also, you can ‘stack’ timed boosters, so if you win time with the same booster in different ways, the timer will 'stack' and keep on growing.

Winning a timed booster means that you can use it multiple times in levels until the timer expires. It’s a great way to get even more use out of your booster win! Another benefit is, one timed booster isn't lost if you fail the level attempt. Keep trying and it could be delivered dozens of times before it expires!

Keep in mind that the timer is ‘real-time’, and will continue to count down while you’re away, asleep or taking a break.

Which boosters can be timed boosters?

These are the boosters that could add to your level when you start to play.

• Swedish Fish
    • Color Bomb
    • Coconut Wheel
    • Striped & Wrapped

You’ll know when a timed booster is in play before you start a level, as it will show in your ‘level goals’ pop-up before you tap ‘Play’.

IMG_51C7F9146A39-1jpeg

They’ll provide a helpful fish, a color bomb, a coconut wheel or a randomly placed Striped & Wrapped candy.  

Tip: Be sure to check the countdown timer before playing the level, to see how long you have before the timed booster expires. Don’t worry though, we'll always offer ways to win more!

Pro-Tip!

Events and challenges which offer timed booster wins will always deliver at the end of the event, or your achievement. Keeping in mind that timed boosters are in ‘real-time’, make sure you have levels, lives and opportunity to use them!

Hi. I’ve only been playing a short while, but I’ve had several times where I’ve won times boosters and I claim them thinking they will stack and I will have 3 hours of color bombs- but they don’t stack. 
    That seems wrong to me. 
    Can you shed some light? 
    Also, if you gain enough points in a level you should be able to buy lives or boosters. 

• ateo
    ateo Posts: 81 Level 3
    =) 0Escribe tu comentario
  • amandakroney
    amandakroney Posts: 8 Level 2
    You earn boosters from the amount of colors you have together and if you match two boosters you get more
  • lurda
    lurda Posts: 2 Newbie
    veralcega said:
    Escribe tu comentarioyo tampoco tengo esos botones, y me estreso porque mi esposo si lo tiene en su juego y ya me está alcanzando...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?