No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Another stupid change from King. Now we don't get the full message in email anymore. We only get a handful lines.

In a way it's practical. Because we would spend less time reading, but I preferred to get the full message as before and decide for myself what I want to skip or read further.

Now it's not possible because that would require a lot of time scanning through the mass of message to find the one you want details on, and I am not going to invest that kind of time unless it contains useful tips to play the game.

Eddie, I have been getting 400+ emails every single day!  Who wants a full message.  I look at the subject heading and who wrote it and then decide if I want to come here to read the entire message.  You are referring to two entirely different departments.  You get to know the players comments because the handful usually write different messages and comments.  So I just pick and choose.  In this thread I would say that 90% of the time I ended up deleting the email. 

To respond to your second message, are you playing through Facebook?  If so, it's time to switch to King.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    I think I suffer from the latest "improvement" from King too: that I don't receive lives from friends anymore.

I used to receive a lot of lives as gifts, now not even one anymore. That is not normal.
    I'm curious, have you been asking and not receiving or do they normally just send to you regularly?
    Are you sure they're playing?
    Are you playing on a PC?
    And lastly, did you see my most recent post responding to players with the problem and try to do what the instructions advised?
    I would really like to know if it helps so I can honestly say that it's worth the effort. I'll try anything once, maybe twice lol, to fix an issue that's impacting the game so terribly. I rely on being able to send and receive lives. If it's broken it really really needs to be a priority repair.
    ✌😎
  • Eddie_Sparrow
    Eddie_Sparrow Posts: 273 Level 3

"Now granted, that doesn't hit the community as often as the bad glitches but I've seen it all!  I wish I could have saved their print screen to show you. "

Yes I think that would be an example. I don't know if it was the case also with the reset "glitch" this thread is about, because I wasn't here at the time, but I know I did just that myself. I thought I was the only one to know about this feature, and I preciouly kept it to my myself. Only when it was "fixed" did I realize to my surprise that thousands of other people knew about it too. Haha. It makes my laugh now when I think about it.

• _Elsa_
    I have so many things to take care of this morning that I am just going to start group therapy for anyone who is interested.  Perhaps this afternoon I'll be back again. 

Welcome players to our first group therapy session.  Please be respectful and follow the rules.  Who would like to start first?

Player 1 starts to speak..............  Player 2 interrupts and says "me too"..................  Player 3 gets so pissed and shouts out loud "King is so greedy!  They only want my money and I am tired of buying boosters and extra moves............ 

Player 2 says "why are you buying the extra things?  I don't.  I will just play it over and over until I finally clear it."............

Player 3 says "are you crazy?  @#%#$^%%$T@#T$%T"........

Elsa, mental health counselor, says "Player 2, how does that make you feel when Player 3 shouts and gets into your face."

Player 2 replies "well I grew up in a family who always shouted at each other with lots of anger.  It makes me feel uncomfortable to hear others express such anger similar to the way I grew up."

"That's understandable," Elsa says.  "So what would you like to say to Player 3?"

"I want to tell him that anger doesn't get him anywhere," Player 2 says.  "It only makes people want to back away from that anger.  Or at least that's how I feel about it."

"Thanks for expressing your thoughts," Elsa says.  "Player 3 how does it make you feel to hear what Player 2 just said?"

With that, Player 3 gets up, kicks the chair and leaves the group.

Conclusion ................ you can't make everyone happy!  It's ok to feel anger and to express anger.  Feeling and emotions are so important in this world but it's how we express it that makes the difference. 

With all of this new brief story that I wrote, I am now going to post it.  Then I am heading over to the Saga ideas section to weed through everything.  A player mentioned yesterday that there are too many pages of ideas to go through.  So my chore, since I am choosing it, is to create a list of ideas and you can check out the results by the end of the week.  And that is why I became a Superstar.

Have a wonderful day everyone and perhaps I will be back later on to check out new messages.  BUT it might get interrupted by the Impeachment Hearing that starts at 1:00 PM today and takes away my TV shows.  Now that is anger!

• LuckyMe1189
    LuckyMe1189 Posts: 47 Level 2
    @Elsa
    If I switch to playing thru King, do all my boosters stay with me, or do I start all over again?
  • Eddie_Sparrow
    @JethrinaBodina

"I'm curious, have you been asking and not receiving or do they normally just send to you regularly?"

I don't think I ever asked a life from anybody, not the least because it's damn easy to get new lives. You just need to change the date.

Yes I received them regularly. Not that I needed them anyway, for the reason above, but I have been sending and receiving lives more in a gesture of friendship rather than anything else.

"Are you sure they're playing? "

I am not as I haven't asked them because I didn't realize it was a glitch. I just found it strange that they didn't send me lives anymore. Anyway I would feel silly writing something like "why aren't you sending me lives anymore"

"Are you playing on a PC?"

I play in my Android phone.

"And lastly, did you see my most recent post responding to players with the problem and try to do what the instructions advised?"

Sorry I didn't see it.
  • LuckyMe1189
    LuckyMe1189 Posts: 47 Level 2

@Elsa

PLEASE do not do this group therapy here, start a thread for it, for those who wish to join. It’s bad enough reading through all the superfluous messages which have nothing to do with this topic. I agree with no anger, no vile statements, etc. As for why we are still here expecting them to say something? They said they would get back to us - still waiting. It’s easy enough for them to just say the decision has been made, no going back, instead of just silence. I consider this very poor customer service. Speaking of which, I was on another topic of the Chocolate Box, cannot connect to the server. I had finished more than half of that box, and their “fix” to that was to restart it and I lost everything. Also, no answer. 

Please can we just be polite, keep this ON TOPIC, and expect an answer, even if it’s not the one we hope for?

Thank you.
  • _Elsa_
    @Elsa
    If I switch to playing thru King, do all my boosters stay with me, or do I start all over again?

It depends where you are playing it.  If you play on a mobile then you are just getting an account through King and then we can give you the steps to sync the two accounts.  On mobile it's hard to hold on to your boosters because they are only saved to that device so any crash or version updates from the game or your device can cause you to lose them.  But if you are not doing anything to your game on mobile then they should sync.

If you are playing on Facebook via a browser then even with the syncing not sure if that would work.  I play on Windows 10 and synced with Facebook and they all came over.  But if you are playing on a computer via Facebook and then sync your account where would you end up playing the game?  On king.com there are glitches so that wouldn't help you.  But from Facebook to Windows 10 they do transfer.

Statistics are showing that more players are now playing the games on mobile devices see if this works.  Go into the game and log out of Facebook then click to login and it probably will have the King showing.  Create an account and I'm curious if they automatically sync now.  If not, send me a PM and I can give you the link to sync the two together.

I am done with that story.  Now going back to my Saga ideas section.
  • Eddie_Sparrow
    Elsa said:
    Another stupid change from King. Now we don't get the full message in email anymore. We only get a handful lines.

In a way it's practical. Because we would spend less time reading, but I preferred to get the full message as before and decide for myself what I want to skip or read further.

Now it's not possible because that would require a lot of time scanning through the mass of message to find the one you want details on, and I am not going to invest that kind of time unless it contains useful tips to play the game.

Eddie, I have been getting 400+ emails every single day!  Who wants a full message.  I look at the subject heading and who wrote it and then decide if I want to come here to read the entire message.  You are referring to two entirely different departments.  You get to know the players comments because the handful usually write different messages and comments.  So I just pick and choose.  In this thread I would say that 90% of the time I ended up deleting the email. 

To respond to your second message, are you playing through Facebook?  If so, it's time to switch to King.
    Oh. But I just discovered a very useful feature for once. Now when I click on the "check it out" button, it brings me to the exact message in the lot. This was not the case before. Before it just took me to the page but not there precise message. Ok, in this case I can live with that.

For the second question, I tried play both King and Facebook. But it's much more fun for me to play through Facebook because I rather play with my Facebook friends than with faceless bots I don't care about.
  • _Elsa_
    You're right!  I just clicked on the email that you wrote and it took me directly to the beginning of your message!

And that is why players choose Facebook or King.  I don't care who the players are and I have a Facebook group and tell them that to accept their friendship they can't get lives from me.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?