Sugar Drops in Candy Crush Saga - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options
    Dear community,

First of all, welcome to the newcomers! 🙂

Thank you for joining and for sharing your opinion and voice with the community. Your comments, expressing your own opinion about the game features, are important to me. Please keep on sharing them here with the community!

As mentioned last week, I cannot confirm yet until what day they'll be running these changes in the Sugar drops, but we could expect it to be running until early-mid February. 

Last week, for example, @NotHappy70 shared with us an interesting thought:

Pounawea said:
    [...]
    At the same time, we can now obtained untimed boosters as rewards. What do you think of this change? 

Well if I HAVE to choose between two evils (limit time booster or only 5 drops a level) I would choose the last option.. the best was like it was some time ago.. no limit on drops nor time but guess that time is gone..

Really interesting thought. Thanks for sharing it with us! 

What do you think, CCS Community? What you would choose? Time-Limited or only 5 Sugar drops per level?

• bevis007
    bevis007 Posts: 26 Level 2
    Options
  • JDMom93
    JDMom93 Posts: 28 Level 2
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Pounawea - IMHO - Much more fun to have a variety of candy drop levels like it used to be -- some that don't give candy drops; some where you can earn a few candy drops; some where you can earn a mid-level of drops; and some where -- if you work at it --  you can earn 40 or more.  Not sure what is meant by "limit time booster" -- build-a-bot boosters earned during the day go away at 11:59 every evening and you have to start over the next day?  While not ideal, that would be more "logical."  (So long as you don't go back to trying to limit the build-a-bot to only NEWLY played levels).  Certainly it seems that -- as with most of the changes that have been implemented over the past few years -- no thought was put into the change.  In this case, for example, dropping all candy drop levels to a limit of 5 without considering the impact this would have on the game's regular players.  And, without also considering the fact that changing the # of candy drops would in turn seriously impact the number of games that would need to be played in order to earn boosters at the current levels (24, 60, 84, 120, 180), for example.  
  • rockyhoque
    rockyhoque Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
  • Rhea58
    Rhea58 Posts: 23 Level 2
    Options
  • katerinescallan
    katerinescallan Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options
    The chocolate box makes up a bit for the loss of the sugar drops but I agree you still have to play a lot more older games and can’t collect 180 drops twice a day unless you have nothing else to do that day!
  • bevis007
    bevis007 Posts: 26 Level 2
    Options
    What exactly is the choc box? Agreed it's absolutely duffucult to get 180 sugars twice a day since 5 is max per level.
  • GAR1952
    GAR1952 Posts: 106 Level 3
    Options
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As commented, a random test group was created earlier this week. As @bearwithme mentioned, the Studio creates test groups to see how the players respond and engage with the feature. I cannot confirm until what day they'll be running it, but we could expect it to be running until early-mid February.

Von_3 said:
    [...] It used to be that clicking on a sugar drop level told you where you were on the sugar track.
     I have resorted to using pen and paper to keep score otherwise I have no idea how many more games of miserly 5 drops per games I have to complete in order to reach 180.
    I can't keep playing all day on the off chance I might have got there.
    Thank you @Von_3 for bringing that up. For now, the Sugar track it shouldn't be visible in the game. I've been informed that, originally, there was no way to see how many sugar candies we had. During some time, we had the chance the see the Sugar track and we were able to see this information. I forwarded this information to the Studio and they will be evaluating the possibility to bring it back in some way. However, for now, we shouldn't expect to see the Sugar Track in the Power-Ups menu.

Deryck said:
    [...]
    @Pounawea Can you clarify what the change "Changing the unlocking level to 501." is about? What's being unlocked❓
    @Deryck , for players that are still progressing throughout the very first levels of Candy Crush Saga,  the Sugar Drops feature can be unlocked at level 130 whereas for other players (depending on whether they are part of this random group or not) they can unlock the feature at level 501. 

I hope this answers your question! Let me know otherwise. 🙂

I don't want to be your lab rat for stupid test group.  That's discriminating to a few people who haven't consented to this process.  Want to use me for a lab rat then pay me a salary as an employee. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?