⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why does Candy Crush cheat its players?

Answers

• Hooky
    Hooky Posts: 136 Level 3

I know it's so Frustrating, Cant complete a Level because King are not supplying enough of The Jellies to complete it.!! I've been stuck on Level 988 for nearly 2 weeks, I need Orange Jellies to create Teddies and Complete the Level, King dont supply no where near enough and only 15 moves...

• Jimi770
    Jimi770 Posts: 7 Level 2

I mean look at this. 23 moves left to get 38 jelly’s which are mostly behind 4 layers of other stuff. This has to be impossible without paying. I wish I had the brains to do the maths required to work how how many moves you would actually need to get down to just the jelly’s, never mind actually popping the jelly’s as well. It’s a joke.

• Hooky

I'm demanding a Refund from PayPal for the Extra Lives I bought for Level 988, I only needed to Pop 1 Jelly, I bought extra Lives with Double Fish, Not 1 Fish landed on the Jelly just landed around it.! I felt completely Cheated so I've demanded a Refund..!!

• Jimi770
    edited February 2020

Ok here is another perfect example of a paywall. Level 239. Apparently this level used to give you 30 something moves to do this in. You can see for yourself on YouTube. Now it gives you 12. They have gone back over the older levels and made it even harder so you have to pay to beat it. 12 moves is not enough even without those ? Stones. And do you know what they turn into over the striped candy’s that you need to clear the jelly’s up top? Yup, you guessed it, 3 layered cakes or Spawning chocolate. So not only is it hard enough to release the striped candy, you have to also get rid of them. THIS IS A PAYWALL.

This is disgusting behaviour. Going back and retro actively updating levels to make people pay is just reprehensible. Especially from a company that lets face it, really doesn’t need to scrape for cash!

heres a screenshot of this joke of a level.

Do you know what makes me laugh even more. When you load up the game it gives you some (Edit by CM: Rude) about Relax and Unwind by playing this game. Have a relaxing time. Enjoy the peace or some crap.

this game is far from relaxing!

• Jimi770

Ok here is another perfect example of a paywall. Level 239. Apparently this level used to give you 30 something moves to do this in. You can see for yourself on YouTube. Now it gives you 12. They have gone back over the older levels and made it even harder so you have to pay to beat it. 12 moves is not enough even without those ? Stones. And do you know what they turn into over the striped candy’s that you need to clear the jelly’s up top? Yup, you guessed it, 3 layered cakes or Spawning chocolate. So not only is it hard enough to release the striped candy, you have to also get rid of them. THIS IS A PAYWALL.

This is disgusting behaviour. Going back and retro actively updating levels to make people pay is just reprehensible. Especially from a company that lets face it, really doesn’t need to scrape for cash!

heres a screenshot of this joke of a level.

Do you know you what makes me laugh even more. The messages when you load the game about this game helping you to relax and unwind.

King, the only thing this game does is wind me up.

• Jimi770

It’s impossible. It takes 6 moves just to get things into place to release the stripes but you have to pop the ? Stones to get to the strips which turn into various blockers.

SORT THIS OUT KING!

• Hooky

PayPal are reviewing my Case against King with all The Cheating.! I just lost another Level right on the Last Move because a Fish Landed on completely the wrong Jelly.!! It's so Frustrating..!!

• Jimi770

I hope you get your money back mate, when you do delete the game. It’s not worth the frustration. I was enjoying this game up until I first posted and the last level I posted about was just the last straw. I have deleted the game. I hope others delete it in protest against this obvious cheating built in and also the changing of levels to make them harder to get money from players.

• Georgette918
    Georgette918 Posts: 1 Newbie

I got cheated big time

• Poosgame
    Poosgame Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited November 2020

This game is so ****. Just be patient and you will pass a level, no skill involved just a game of patience. Stupid **** on YouTube, aka gurus, no skill just wait till the game decides you can pass a level.

(EDITED by CM - Inappropriate/ abusive language) 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?