Upcoming changes in Candy Crush Saga: Sugar Track, Build-a-bot, and more

Comments

• Fr_Cayman
    Fr_Cayman Posts: 68 Level 2

LMAO.... King thinking like they have done us a favour giving us unlimited lives 24/7. And then they took away the sugar drops... You know what....give me the sugar drops and keep the unlimited lives. Trying to force us to spend...

Ain't going to happen from me. Now........

HOW DO I TURN THE NOTIFICATIONS OFF FOR THIS DANG THREAD???? My email is now filled with notifications and it is my Working email.....this stuff on it is crap.

• vandevere
    vandevere Posts: 12 Level 2

What's this Unlimited Lives thing I hear about? I don't see that in my games. I play on PC, Win10, if that helps any...

• leanne64
    leanne64 Posts: 1 Newbie

I couldn’t have said it any better!

• heehawrules
    heehawrules Posts: 60 Level 3

OK, last post here for a long while.

Unlike the last time, King/Activision has clearly stated that the features they took away will not be coming back. They have to spin it positively to keep the backlash down as much as possible. We can all question why, when, how of the decision. We can question their motives for wiping out all the free options just when everyone is staying home (bad timing or money grabbing?) all we want. None of it is going to matter.

King/Activision is a billion dollar business who has decided to make drastic changes to their fundamental game play, completely within their right to do so. They have paid their shills to come on here and do their best to notify us that it has and will continue to happen. In light of this:

1) If you have never spent money on this game, come on here complaining and then say that you will stop playing if they don't change it back is absurd. My response to you on behalf of King/Activision is to say "See ya, don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya". YOU are one of the reasons these changes are coming, so thanks for being part of the problem.

2) Activision does not care about long term players that have helped to make them the top downloaded games in history. You (and I) know how to work the system to your advantage, occasionally buy boosters but mostly milk the freebies, etc. You blow through the levels and they have pay people tons of money to keep releasing content. They would actually prefer if you leave as collateral damage, because......

3) Their bread and butter are all the lower level folks. They are not fully addicted yet, are an untapped revenue stream that does not know anything about the "old ways". They just have the new game, and their normal is whatever King tells them. A blank slate.

4) So Activision will out of necessity (to them) clear out a lot of players (most of whom are near the top) who will complain at every change. Weed them out and replace them with new revenue streams.

The ONLY WAY King/Activision will even remotely consider changing anything back is if every whiner on this thread actually puts their money where there mouth is and STOP PLAYING. DELETE THE APP. At the very least DON'T LOG IN! If tens of thousands players were to do that, King would listen. But, that is not going to happen.

So, there really are only 2 options. Stick with the game and roll with whatever changes they bring and adapt your game, or DELETE IT.

Most of you complaining on here won't do that last step, so suck it up and deal with it. King will only listen to money.

Good luck to you all. I re-uninstalled the app about 3 weeks ago and have moved on. I would recommend each one of you do the same. Maybe log back in in 6 months when maybe they have implemented some of these "great" changes we were told were coming.

Or don't.

• Monkey
    Monkey Posts: 13 Level 2

This is SUCH A GREAT POINT!  I was getting a little consolation during this isolation by playing Candy Crush, but now with the recent changes the game SUCKS. The only thing helping me get past higher levels was that booster bot. It was bit of a chore, but I would go back to an easy level and pass it 10 or so times until I built up my bot. Then I'd go play the higher levels. It was the only thing that worked. Now they took that away. The game is just crappy now. I have no fun anymore and I'm going to find a new game by another company that cares about its customers and has compassion on us during this really difficult time. I feel betrayed by King games. Instead of helping us (by, say, making the booster bot EASIER to build up) they've really let us down.

OH, and published that stupid video on Facebook to really rub it in our faces. Nice try.

• bones261
    bones261 Posts: 8 Level 2

I'm in the same boat. Have not had a bot at all since this morning. However, this happened to me last week and the bot came back after a day. So if this trend continues it appears the BOT disappears on Mondays and then comes back on Tuesdays.

• bones261
    bones261 Posts: 8 Level 2

I'm in the same boat. No bot at all since this morning. However, this happened a little while back and the bot came back after a day.

• GAR1952
    GAR1952 Posts: 106 Level 3

Wow no bot at all since this morning! My bot disappeared 2 years ago and never got it back. Contact King and get nothing but a song and dance routine from them. I no longer believe anything they say at this point.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited March 2020

quote:

How do I turn the notifications off for this dang thread?

Turn 'em all off by trying this link, unchecking everything in both columns & saving your preferences; yep, all crap in it...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?