Upcoming changes in Candy Crush Saga: Sugar Track, Build-a-bot, and more

Comments

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5

I agree with you @heehawrules but there is more to consider.

1) If you have never spent money on this game, come on here complaining and then say that you will stop playing if they don't change it back is absurd. My response to you on behalf of King/Activision is to say "See ya, don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya". YOU are one of the reasons these changes are coming, so thanks for being part of the problem.

I wholeheartedly agree with you here and have posted to that effect in the past. However it is equally no loss to them if those players continue and it gives those who do pay, goals to beat.

2) Activision does not care about long term players that have helped to make them the top downloaded games in history. You (and I) know how to work the system to your advantage, occasionally buy boosters but mostly milk the freebies, etc. You blow through the levels and they have pay people tons of money to keep releasing content. They would actually prefer if you leave as collateral damage, because......

If you contemplate how much it would cost to employ 500 developers vs the income from the game it is a drop in the ocean, besides which, in a poll held in this very forum, it was clear that most at the top of the game are not so bothered about having many levels released each week and went for the lower option. The less levels there are, the longer they spend at the top and I for one enjoyed exploring the rest of the levels and building boosters whilst waiting for Wednesday. The only disadvantages being it is not possible to win the weekly race or make points on Fantastic 5.

3) Their bread and butter are all the lower level folks. They are not fully addicted yet, are an untapped revenue stream that does not know anything about the "old ways". They just have the new game, and their normal is whatever King tells them. A blank slate.

The low levels don't last very long - Up to 800 is how the game was back in 2014. Sure they may spend and get hooked...but when they reach the levels designed when we relied on Bots and Sugar Tracks they will be stuck for weeks at a time on most of the levels, unless they fork out an extortionate amount. If all they have is F5, that they can't even earn points on, they will quit.

I don't have figures but I imagine the majority of players are between 800 and 6000. They are the ones feeling screwed over with the removal of features, whether they pay in invested time or dollars. The 'new' players will share their frustration.

4) So Activision will out of necessity (to them) clear out a lot of players (most of whom are near the top) who will complain at every change. Weed them out and replace them with new revenue streams.

It is not a necessity to them, besides, the quicker they ruin the enjoyment of the game the quicker they will lose fresh meat. Word spreads.

• Albert_Heinrich
    Albert_Heinrich Posts: 2,615 Level 4

To my Fantastic 5 team, thanks for carrying me this week. This may be the second week that we are able to complete. I can only contribute 45 levels a week and some weeks I am left with a residual, and can contribute very little. Getting new episodes on Wednesday, so hopefully we can fulfill the order.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    edited March 2020

@Albert_Heinrich wow you know how lucky you are . In the entire time this feature has run never had 4/5 players, normally 2 to 3 . You need to start pulling you finger out letting your team carry you like that is just not on. Needs a little more effort Wednesday lol.

Same here when you are max amount of levels this becomes a nightmare with what you can accumulate. Hence my apprehension with new feature when it arrives, gonna need 5 avid players all of different levels or could become the same thing again. Sounds easy but bet putting a team like this together will not be

• Ner_Seryl
    Ner_Seryl Posts: 64 Level 2

King don’t seem to have factored in that lots of players were already paying for gold etc on top of build a bot, sugar drops, space race and other available booster gains to pass levels. Quite clearly they will not bother continue to play will they. Surely they are players king won’t to keep on board.

There are some incredibly rude posters on here judging others and saying people who don’t pay have no right to have a say. I purchased gold bars a few times when you used to have wait 3 days to unlock the next episode about 5 years ago so I’ve contributed to the king empire so my voice is validated with that logic which is nonsense.

The new navigation bar is the only thing that’s been added so far. Really useful for super hard levels lol

• Divaz
    Divaz Posts: 45 Level 2

I got Build-a-bot with the first 3 boosters preloaded, 140 hour timer but you still cannot play previous levels. According to their explanation build-a-bot is a reward for those players who win streaks.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,884 Soda Moderator

I got a new Build-a-Bot, it’s totally changed. You can only get 3 boosters and no double cb ☹️.

• p5t
    p5t Posts: 6 Level 2

King has different players playing by different rules, i suspect trying to figure what pisses off players most and what costs money to king. My new build but with only progressing with new levels first didn’t always work didn’t always get the progression but I did get to the top so I would start each level with a full build a bot and now it’s gone I’m down to playing about three games a day from Hour and a half the beginning and end of each day . frustrating .particularly frustrating. Particularly frustrating when we’re all locked at home and King decides to kick us when we’re down.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator
    edited March 2020

@Divaz same. But my bot got reduced this time, I cannot build it beyond the three steps preloaded by passing new levels. I didn't find this change described in the community 🤔

I guess build a bot is now experiencing its own quarantine shortage of supplies.

Ah ok while I was writing Yosca posted about it

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?