Candy Crush suddenly got harder. Why?

wacotxcrusher
wacotxcrusher Posts: 2 Newbie

I'm currently at level 2545. Ever since most of the world has been sitting at home trying not to catch the virus, it seems King has decided to try to profit off of all us crushers by making every level much harder to clear. They think that we have not better to do than to play their game, get frustrated, then make purchases to get the goodies to clear levels. Shame on you King for purposefully making the game more difficult now I'm order to turn a bigger profit while many are sitting at home with no income coming in. Thankfully, I'm still working. And, I haven't let your ploy dupe me into giving you my money.

Comments

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

Not just candy crush saga either. I play another king game and that also has got harder over the wast 2 weeks. Lucky for me ive got tons of boosters stored on other game to help. Also not got to the stage of candy crush yet, still has few options of getting decent boosters.

Seems king had a major think about their games and probably to the detriment of its players.

• santo_chris97
    santo_chris97 Posts: 1,494 Level 4

Yes, I play candy crush saga and it's getting harder in every level. You must have a lot of boosters to pass the level. Remember, free boosters from Build a Bot with new format was messed up, compared to older Build a Bot format that it will allow us to get free boosters from previous level.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @wacotxcrusher and welcome to our Community!

The levels do get harder the further up in the game you get since you get more experienced and more skilled player.

All levels are possible to complete without purchases even though some of them are super hard.

Thanks for sharing the feedback though. I will pass this on to the Game Team.

• wacotxcrusher
    wacotxcrusher Posts: 2 Newbie

To Crazy Cat Lad....I understand that levels get harder as you progress. But, this is not the case. King can control the level of difficulty on each level. And, they just recently made it harder to pass ANY level so they can potentially line their pockets with $. That's the reality.

• martyelrod147
    martyelrod147 Posts: 2 Newbie

I hate this game now

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

not hard to figure out remove anything of any use to the gamer, dont replace with any new features and hey presto game gets harder.

• yuehsin
    yuehsin Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited April 2020

Agreed. I'm currently stuck on level 6713. The drastic measures taken by Candy Crush to ensure we don't pass levels too quickly border on unacceptable. They don't give you enough moves and we don't have enough boosters or a full robot. The help videos posted of this level were all played with more moves available. When you actually play you have three or four moves less than the videos. It makes you feel like you are being pranked willingly again and again as you attempt to pass the level. The past few levels I've played were all with less moves. It really frustrates me that Candy Crush would keep making changes that earn them no points with its players.

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5

Not only that @yuehsin , most videos are posted by pro-gamers with many more things at their disposal. Heck some even write their own levels. What chance does average Joe stand?

• tennisnut
    tennisnut Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited April 2020

I too, have been playing for a long time I am stuck on level 5929 there are clearly not enough moves for the amount of brick walls that need to be broken through this is completely frustrating me. I completely feel as if I’m being forced to pay for boosters and I’ve never had that happen before. It has been a couple days and this is unusual for me to be on a level this long I am very close to quitting because this is supposed to be fun not this frustrating and I can’t even come close. At least when you finish a game before you felt like you were in it I can’t even come close to completing this level. And where did the wrapped candies go that allowed you to gain boosters? I would really love an explanation why. I know this game in and out, obviously to get to this level and this is a first.

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5

Hi tennis nut Welcome to the community. The wrapped candies are known as sugar drops to the community. Some changes were made to the game a couple of months back to recalibrate the entire game of candy crush in the maker's favour. Players were promised improvements but we may have to wait until Christmas. You can find out all about it HERE I know this place is really hard to navigate for a newcomer.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?