The maps changed in the game?

YoshLee44
YoshLee44 Posts: 102 Level 2
edited June 2020 in Discussions

This morning I recieved a map change which removes the rest of the uniqueness this game had. We know there were hundreds of episodes and most had different names.

The change I recieved scrapped over 90% of the episode names, characters, backgrounds, etc. There are now just 12 episode names, 10 of which loop continuously.

Here are other cool features King have removed since I've been playing this game:

Dreamworld, Time Levels, Candy Pet, Sugar Track, Level Restart.

And other things they have removed recently: Level icons, types and colours. Now they're just pink.

Unfortunate to see this game take a sharp decrease in quality in the past few years, it's a real shame and it does seem to be affecting the playerbase. I really hope soda saga doesn't have the same fate.

Comments

• Yueyue
    Yueyue Posts: 275 Level 3

Yikes! That was actually an update for April Fools... but it's May so SPEED UP KING!!!

• YoshLee44

I only reinstalled the game a few days ago, if that's the case it would certainly be odd.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited May 2020

Welcome, forum newcomer.

You're a bit late to the party that never stops, but that's OK.

Read the first post here to find out what's happening, then click here & here (if you wish) to read all about how the opinions/votes of a multitude of players get stifled in order to perpetuate the greed & profit of King/Activision Blizzard.

Click here to vote on Dreamworld; although there's also no chance in Hell of that one returning, it's still open for voting.

And here's a little thread about the level restart.

This is one of the new things they've got going on now, but these replacements of features are woefully inadequate...

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    edited May 2020

The reason behind the new ten rotating maps is that it gets the required memory to run the game down drastically.

This means...

-We can continue to push out even more levels

-Do more frequent updates

-Add more features and events to the game

-Improve graphics and game effects

-The game will load faster for all players

-App will load better on old devices or devices with low specs

Dreamworld got removed of the same reason as above some years ago.

The timed levels were removed by request from the players. So many players found them too hard and stressful, so we deiced to cancel them.

• adamzki
    adamzki Posts: 25 Level 2
    edited June 2020

Having 10 recycling episodes should be an option to having all the episodes. After the update came to my device the game became so much boring and you feel like you dont make any progress. I really hope King will listen to many of us that want the map back and actually bring it back.

• YoshLee44

I agree, we should have a choice.

Also in response to crazy cat lad's comment i must say:

I can barely keep up with the released levels, people have lives. 30 a week was enough. Doesn't need to be more frequent than that.

The new features released to replace the old ones have been very inferior, and booster bot is in a right mess now. As of a recent update you can lose ALL your booster bot progress if you fail a level, worst part it was a hidden change.

Graphics and game effects are already fine. In fact they have been changed too much, candies fall way too fast and many levels, especially the higher levels are visually cluttered with blockers and other stuff, i can barely tell what's on the board.

The game already loads fast enough.

King can't keep supporting redundant devices made in... 2013 or something for too long. And if they do at least provide options for people who have more compatible devices. Otherwise the changes to support these devices drag down all the other players on more compatible devices, which is currently what's happening right as we speak.

I think dreamworld should return as a downloadable extention, there is no reason why this should not happen.

For timed levels, instead of removing them, the devs should have implemented a feature to let players choose to play the either moves version or timed version of certain levels, which would provide choice for people who dislike timed levels AND for people who loved them.

The developers are putting as minimal effort into candy crush as much as they can and now it is clear to see that. That leads to the exact reason to why they created the new map, it's so they don't need to make new textures and episode names.

• 3family
    3family Posts: 47 Level 2

Don’t care about the map update but just want to say that I hated dreamworld and despised timed levels

I’ll complain here about things I don’t like but these changes were good

I also enjoy people losing their mind over a game they voluntarily play. Just stop if you get that upset

• YoshLee44

Some people can't adapt to change as easy as you can. I simply can't get used to these changes. Also people aren't "losing their minds" over it, most are trying to provide critisism.

And I'm not the only one who dislikes these changes. A lot of people have and I think the majority dislike *most* of these changes.

• adamzki
    adamzki Posts: 25 Level 2

i really hope king listens to their community and being it back. If they really dont want to make more episodes im okay with that but they should make the previous episodes avaible.

• 3primetime3
    3primetime3 Posts: 5 Level 2

I’m just hoping that they bring episode names back. It’s the only reason I continued playing the game. The current map feels a bit suffocating at best, and it feels like you’re stuck in an endless loop, making absolutely no progress.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?