💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Ability to change between the old and new map

BruhMoment
BruhMoment Posts: 2 Newbie
edited September 2020 in Tiffi's Idea Library

Hello Everyone!

So, recently King have started to roll out a new map with 10 cycling episodes instead of new episodes every world, I feel like this ruins half of the game's fun as you feel like you aren't making progress and are just going in a endlesss circle. (I feel like the map has been going downhill ever since the html5 version released.)

I know they made the change to "Improve perfomance" and "Reduces required ram" (Don't know if they mean actual RAM or disk space) but on more powerful platforms like Windows 10 there definitely should be an option for this, because there are devices that can definitely handle it and i don't want my Candy Crush experience to be degraded just because you guys need to make the game playable on a Nokia smart-fridge.

6 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,603 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to this community

I imagine that it is very difficult to do. It's a good idea no question. That's why I'm getting help for the answer.

@CandyCrushinator

• Hi @BruhMoment thanks for the feedback, we mean both physical disk space (we have to store fewer textures on device) AND RAM usage because we load the map into memory so that you can quickly scroll through it. So this change optimizes RAM usage and lowers the disk space required.

Both of these are important as we are available worldwide and not everyone has access to high end devices or fast internet. So the change optimizes for both situations. That being said, I personally won't be satisfied until I can run Candy on a smart fridge...I think that would be great, pop up for a glass of water or a snack in the middle of the night and crush a few candies while I'm there :-) !

As far as the different version for Windows 10 it's a great idea as you're right, almost anything running windows 10 is going to be able to handle the larger size both on disk and in memory and I'll be sure to highlight the idea in our next meeting.

That being said, I believe that it's a matter of maintaining different versions of the game across multiple platforms. Right now we have support for Windows, Android, iOS, Facebook and Amazon products as well as Tencent's platform in China which is a different version as well. So because of that we do our best to maintain parity in features, especially things like the map, among all the different versions of the game since it's already complex to maintain 6 different versions of the game let alone doing so with large scale feature differences.

Again thanks for the feedback and I will pass the compliment on to the environment artists, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear someone so passionate about the map as they work really hard to make it as awesome as it is!

• 3primetime3
    3primetime3 Posts: 5 Level 2
    edited May 2020

I agree. As someone who has been playing CCS for a very long time (just created an account though), I hands down agree with OP. I was really saddened to see that this change has been applied to all players. Having gotten this change since the first of April, I relied on the fact that they would be reverted soon and looked up old images of episodes to see what I was missing out on every time I completed a group of 15 levels. A primary motivator for me to continue advancing was the episode textures, names, and backgrounds, and I think having that taken out really stripped away the core of the game, especially when this game, after all, is a saga. The current version of the game makes it feel suffocating, at best.

I hope the removed episode names do get implemented back on at least the Windows 10 App, even if it can't be for mobile and HTML5 platforms. Gives me some purpose in playing...

• NRN2
    NRN2 Posts: 1 Newbie

I have been playing all the candy crush series games for a while now (this account is new since I am unable to access my first king community account) and have been completing all levels in win 10 app almost every week but I was not satisfied to see some of the recent changes the game developers are making like when the creators started just reusing old backgrounds instead of making completely unique ones per episode since last 2017 and also when the creators also decided to loop the episode names and textures starting last May 25 because even if I am progressing, it would seem like I am not because when I am progressing I am supposed to be looking forward to seeing new textures (and even backgrounds) per episode but now its just like the game is in circles where the textures are repeating.

I agree with the ability to change between new and old maps or at least reverting the unique textures and episode names (and possible revert the backgrounds that were removed last 2017) and I am fine if it is just online only (just like what was done to soda saga) and if it is impossible to apply for all platforms, at least for the windows 10 app. Thank you and hoping that the creators will take this into consideration.

• Cjay1997
    Cjay1997 Posts: 85 Level 3

Yeah, agree with you. In Soda, there are no problems about backgrounds (unless the game is running offline or something wrong happens). Rushing development in making new levels is probably one of the obvious reasons that the designers are too hard making these 400+ episodic backgrounds. If this was the reason, the creation of new levels should've come to a halt.

• __MULLIGANACEOUS__
    __MULLIGANACEOUS__ Posts: 163 Level 3

I recently dabbled into Soda; the correct backgrounds are still here, and it also looks like the creation of new levels is a bit too fast. Let's get into the point, what is the percentage of players playing candy crush on a smart fridge? Does that justify corrupting up the episode names and backgrounds which give each episode an own personality?

• Cjay1997
    Cjay1997 Posts: 85 Level 3

In Soda, most of the time 30 new levels came out every week, sometimes 45. What they are thinking so far is that the creation of new levels comes first before fixing the textures (maps and backgrounds). According to a reply on a post about reusing backgrounds issue in Jelly, the players might wait longer for new levels if the designers are busy working on these episodic backgrounds. And even the performance won't be good if we have a variety of backgrounds in-game.

• __MULLIGANACEOUS__
    __MULLIGANACEOUS__ Posts: 163 Level 3

King did take notice. However, they should find another way to optimize performance without corrupting the background. Have you heard of twodots?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?