Did you know?

1235»

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

The origins of National Donut Day are traced to The Salvation Army’s involvement in World War I. During this time, a group of volunteers was dispatched to the frontlines with the mission of providing comforting meals for the troops. They soon found out that donuts were an effective way to provide food while navigating the difficulties of cooking in very dire circumstances. These brave volunteers would later be known as “donut lassies”. They would even use war helmets as a utensil to fry up seven donuts at a time. 

In 1938 “Donut Day” was established as a way to honor the members of the Salvation Army that came to the aid of soldiers during World War I. Nowadays, National Donut Day is widely celebrated on the first Friday of June. Many donut shops are known to give them out for free, giving a good reason to take some time out of the day to enjoy this most cherished treat. (Info here

Please take a moment to read the story that I created about Dachs, our donut dog HERE.

• _Elsa_

Do you know that this coming Sunday is Father’s Day? Some of you celebrate it now, while others celebrate it on other dates. Tiffi and Kimmy are celebrating Father’s Day and they have special gifts for him. Yep that’s my new story. You don’t want to miss this story because there is a special video on the last page - Let’s celebrate Father’s Day 2020

• _Elsa_

Did you know that today is "Teddy Bear Picnic Day?

If you are a teddy bear lover or would like to read the history of teddy bears please click on this link:

Who is a teddy bear lover? Let us count how many!

Please let me know on the above link if you are a teddy bear lover because I will be starting my new teddy bear story this weekend and I can dedicate it to you.

• _Elsa_
    It's beach time! Let's join our characters and go to the beach............

Do you know that I created a story of our characters going to the beach?

Do you know that I dedicated it to @QueenMia who loves the beach? 

What are you waiting for!  

It’s beach time – In the good old summertime!

"If you have plans on going to the beach, don't forget to take your face mask with you," Jenny says.

• _Elsa_

Something big is coming to the Friends community on Monday 8.3.2020

Have you heard that something big is coming to the Friends' Community on Monday, 3rd August?

What could it be?

Tiffi knows but she is not telling anyone.

Yeti is trying to find out the secret on his tablet.

Nutcracker has no clue.

What could it be?

"We need to know," Nutcracker says. "Yeti type in Google the date and Friends' Community. Let's see if something comes up. No huh? What could it be?"

Let's ask the community members here if they can help us.

"Hey guys, we need your help," Yeti says. "Can you help us figure out what might be happening this coming Monday, Aug 3rd?"

• _Elsa_

Today is the day! It is Monday, 3rd August so it’s time for Tiffi to tell you what the “Something big is coming”.

It’s a 6-week contest based on Elsa’s two stories, “Friends’ Got Talent” and “Welcome to the Friends’ Got Talent Show!” You have to read the stories because it’s a talent show and 10 of our characters have participated in this show. You are now going to choose the top winner of the show!

This is how it works.

There will be 4 weekly contests for the month of August. To participate you have to read both stories and then each week you can vote for your favorite character and say why you chose that character. Each contest will list 3 different characters who participated and what they did in the show (3 characters x 4 weeks = 12 characters). These contests will only be open for a week. They will start on a Monday and close on the following Monday. Each week, 5 winners will be randomly chosen to win 30 GB for their Friends’ game. 

The Finals!

The character that gets the most votes each week will then go on to the finals. The final contest will last for 2 weeks and then close. There will be 5 players randomly chosen to win 50 GB bars in their Friends’ game. 

Are you up for it? Let’s begin! Click on the link below and choose your favorite character …………

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER/TALENT (WEEK ONE) – WIN FREE GOLD BARS!

If you have never played Candy Crush Friends Saga, then it’s time to start playing the game today!

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑

Have you heard that something big is coming to the Farm Heroes Saga Community on Monday, 28th September?

What could it be?

Tiffi knows but she is not telling anyone.

Yeti is trying to find out the secret on his tablet.

Nutcracker has no clue.

What could it be?

"We need to know," Nutcracker says. "Yeti type in Google the date and Farm Heroes Saga Community. Let's see if something comes up. No huh? What could it be?"

Let's ask the community members here if they can help us.

"Hey guys, we need your help," Yeti says. "Can you help us figure out what might be happening next Monday?"

For those of you who have never played Farm Heroes Saga this might be a good time to add it to your King game list. It’s a match-3 game and you will be introduced to the Dairy District cropsies and best of all, you will get to play against Rancid! 

• Glenn1972
    edited September 2020

Have you heard that something big is coming to the Farm Heroes Saga Community on Monday, 28th September? 👆️

• Glenn1972

This is it! The moment that you’ve been waiting for! A new contest!

Elsa and Tiffi put their heads together, once again, to create a new talent show.  This time it’s for Farm Heroes Saga.  The players loved the Friends’ Got Talent contests this past summer, so the CMs requested the same idea for Farm - “Farm Heroes got talent”. Nine cropsies are participating in this talent show. There is no ending, as you already know if you read Farm Heroes Got Talent (Part 1) and Today is the Farm Heroes Got Talent show! (Part 2). If you haven’t read both stories then I suggest that you take a moment to read them because these contests revolve around the story. 

Now you can meet our mushroom cropsie and apple cropsie. They have been lurking behind the signs waiting for the moment that they could step forward. They will be participating in the talent show. If you are interested in participating in this 4 part contest, please make sure to read the story and then follow this link for the first contest - CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CROPSIES/TALENT – WIN FREE GOLD BARS! for the first part of the contest. 

Good luck and may the best cropsies(s) win!

For those of you who have never played Farm Heroes Saga this might be a good time to add it to your King game list. It’s a match-3 game and you will be introduced to the Dairy District cropsies and best of all, you will get to play against Rancid!  

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?