The maps changed in the game?

Comments

• Cjay1997
    Cjay1997 Posts: 85 Level 3

I started playing Gardenscapes back in April only because of these bad changes created in CCS.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5

quote:

I started playing Gardenscapes back in April only because of these bad changes created in CCS.

Well, King (Activision) need some competition round here.

You're making some progress on that one, eh?

• Cjay1997

I'm now on 1600+, in my other account. Similarly, if you fail a level, you'll lose starting boosters (a booster bot equivalent of GS).

• Bojan
    Bojan Posts: 27 Level 2

I totally agree with everyone in this discussion. The game used to be so interesting before with hundreds of different characters and episodes and now its just 10 episodes that keep on repeating with the same characters, same names, same setting and same design. I also think that the colour - coded levels before bought lots of colour and nice design to the game and now they're all just pink. I also really hope that king brings back the unique map designs and the fun of unlocking new episodes to their players.

• Cjay1997
    edited June 2020

Before I forgot, there were reused episode stories/textures on the map (but not the names) from episode 421 onwards before the 10-episode loop took effect.

• 3primetime3
    3primetime3 Posts: 5 Level 2

If I know right, Bubblegum Troll isn’t even a character in the game anymore? Utterly ridiculous. I hope it’s brought back.

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As commented in this community topic, in order to improve the overall performance of the game for as many different devices as possible, we needed to take this decision.

During the last 3-4 weeks, we've been applying the changes progressively, and by now we all should be seeing 10 rotational maps instead. The reason behind this change (to only have 10 rotational maps in-game) is, as mentioned, to get the required memory to run the game down drastically.

What does it change? The game app will load faster on all devices and especially help devices with low specs. At the same time, we will be able to improve other graphics and game effects.

Some of these graphic changes have been announced HERE and some other will be coming soon. 🙂

Have a delicious day and happy crushing! 🍬🍬

• YoshLee44
    YoshLee44 Posts: 102 Level 2
    edited June 2020

No, most people don't like these changes, we've heard the same response from the CM's about improved game performance (which was already really good) several times, and the community STILL don't like the changes so why are the devs still proceeding with the changes? The changes are not making the game better.

It shows that the developers are so out of touch with the community.

I checked the candy crush facebook page. Comments filled with hundreds of people asking for the old booster bot, old map and sugar drops. The forums are quite similar.

Result: nothing, maybe a few generic replies because the devs don't read much feedback.

edit: I think the community managers are doing their job just fine, I'm critising the developers of the game.

Also there is no way i'm updating my game anymore, I have went back to a version from early 2018, i'll only update (and not to the most recent version) once i have finished the levels on that version.

• adamzki
    adamzki Posts: 25 Level 2
    edited June 2020

If they dont make the old map as an option it proves that King dosnt care about their community. This new map is just an repetive cycle that has removed so much good about this game. Most new devuces can already load candy crush good and those people like me is only getting a more bad and boring game from this update. You could use the old episodes all the way to the time when normal episodes was stop created and then reuse random episodes from the game. Because the game has like 500 episodes it would be hard to notice at all that it was reused episodes and make it less repetive and more fun.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?