Episode Map Change since (April 1, 2020)

ThomasCuyler
ThomasCuyler Posts: 17 Level 2

I wonder why King changed the Episode Map of the game to have only 10 episode names that repeat/go in a loop. The first two such as Candy Town and Candy Factory are the same but then it’s 10 different names that just repeat. Although the reason for this might be because of memory requirements in the game. I just think the old map was better and made the game more fun having all of those different Candy Crush themed names and having the different backgrounds too. I hope this is only temporary. Yes I know I mentioned this before but I do want some more information.

Comments

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

lots of changes made and more unhappy with them than support them, but guessing a map we going to have to put up with for a bit at least. personally dont mind map but we all have thing s we have grown to love within the game

• ThomasCuyler

I know but why did these changes happen though?

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

@ThomasCuyler they would tell you to improve the game and add new features, but have to make your own mind on that. lots done in one go sugar drops ditched, didi and rami ditched, bob tweaked against the gamer, map changed. F5 do not know how many times going to change. As for new features,yet to be seen

• Yueyue
    Yueyue Posts: 275 Level 3

Nope. another post said it isn't changing. There you go.

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager

Hello @ThomasCuyler ,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

As you mentioned, in order to improve the overall performance of the game for as many different devices as possible, we needed to take this decision.

The changes are being done progressively, and some players around the world they might be still seeing the traditional version of the Saga map, with all the different themes and names. However, during the following weeks, we will all be seeing 10 rotational maps instead. The reason behind this change and only have 10 rotational maps in-game is, as mentioned, that it gets the required memory to run the game down drastically.

What does it change? The game app will load faster on all devices and especially help devices with low specs. At the same time, we will be able to improve other graphics and game effects.

Have a delicious day and happy crushing! 🍬🍬

• ThomasCuyler
    edited May 2020

What is going to happen to the other games maps like Candy Crush Soda or Candy Crush Jelly? Also can’t there be a option to turn on or off performance enhanced so we can all see the old map again but have the option to see the new one for some people who have low spec devices?

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager

Hi @ThomasCuyler ,

On one hand, I haven't been informed about map changes in Soda and Jelly. But please, better visit their forums and ask our community managers for more information! Candy Crush Soda forum -> HERE // Candy Crush Jelly forum-> HERE

On the other hand, introducing an option to enable or disable the old graphics and assets in the game won't be an option I'm afraid.

The decision wasn't easy, as you know, great Candy artwork was displayed in the game and joined us in this adventure during all this time. But now, we look forward to the benefits of doing so, the game app will load faster on all devices and we will be able to improve other graphics and game effects. Furthermore, this will also give us the chance to introduce more things in the game. For example, Licorise, the new black kitty in the game (learn more HERE!) and some other surprises that soon will be reveal!

Can you guess what's coming next to join the Candy Crush Saga family?

Have a delicious day and happy crushing! 🍬🍬

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?