Why doesn't King vet its advertisers? I was scammed on a purchase

Options
Tracy_Jones-2
Tracy_Jones-2 Posts: 2 Newbie

One of your advertisers, ZG Technology, ran an ad during your game. I made a purchase from this company, never dreaming they were a scam outfit because King would NEVER allow a scam outfit to run on one of their games, right? WRONG. Thank God I used PayPal. You should be FAR MORE CAREFUL with the advertisers you allow on your games. You are a trusted company, and folks will trust your advertisers. Allowing a scammer on your site negatively affects the trust your customers place in you.

Answers

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the heads-up! We'll pass it on to the ads team for them to look at it. I hope you managed to get in touch with them and sort things out. It sounds like it could have been just a purchase issue (I think it's always important to give everyone the benefit of the doubt).

However, you are right, we are a trusted company and take these complaints seriously. As mentioned, your feedback will be passed on and looked into.

Thanks for coming and helping us improve!

Cheers,

Xarly

• Sfpj2121
    Sfpj2121 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I have recently been scammed while playing candy crush soda saga. Deeply disappointed! The company [...] yook my money, and I never received product. I thought that since they were on King games it would be safe. I was wrong and like I said deeply disappointed!!! Please do better!
  • Xarly
    Options
    Hey @Sfpj2121 ,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry you had this issue. Sadly we cannot control how each of the advertisers handle their customers but thanks to reports like yours we do flag these in order to make sure we try to minimise situations like yours as much as possible.

Hopefully you can take it with them and have it solved.
    Xarly
  • Sfpj2121
    Options
    Not sure if  a robot wrote this due to the mistakes. I feel that you as a proprietor of the game should research every advertiser before allowing them to advertise on your game sites.
  • Xarly
    Options
    Hi @Sfpj2121 ,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by mistakes. We do research every advertiser and we always aim for the best. We have, however, multiple advertisers as you can imagine, given that we have hundreds of millions of players. This makes it complicated for us to guarantee that all of them follow the guidelines we establish. We do react though, once we get a report of any strange behaviour on their side.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Sfpj2121
    Options
    I will not reply any further since I feel as though I'm getting what seems like computer automated responses.

CHEERS! REALLY?
  • elayneL
    elayneL Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I would like to report an advertiser for a very very misleading advert as I would not like other players to be scammed by them how do I go about this?
  • sophie1969
    sophie1969 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I ordered a product in September, 2019. First they sent the wrong item so they reordered. Then they lost the item. Told them to refund which they said they would but still haven't!! Would think you would do a better job of checking out your advertisers!!!

• mike123456
    mike123456 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have been scammed by candy crush advertisers twice. I should have known, I guess. The prices were too good to be true. I also figured that the advertisers Must have been vetted. Not even a little. In fact, there are at least two ads on the site right now that are from obvious scammers.. I was not able to recover the $100 that I lost.Candy crush representatives ignored my emails. Now, if I see something that intrigues me. I go to Amazon and buy it from a trustworthy source

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

Really? Amazon is a trustworthy source? 🤔🤔🤔

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?