Answers

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,032 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @mike123456 !

We'd need:

- the country where you were playing when you saw the ad

- the date and time you saw it

- some screenshots of the ad (or ads if you are seeing more than one)

This way we can investigate this so you don't see these ads again. 😊

• dendon1996
    dendon1996 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

@Lola_Pop @mike123456

I also got scammed from one of your advertisers trying to sell a Dyson vacuum at a discounted price in return for a review of the product. I fell for it and then thought it probably wasn’t real. I contacted Dyson and they said they are aware of this scammer and are doing what they can to stop him. Please remove him from your advertisers.

I was playing in the U.S. on 7/23/20 around 1:30 pm Central time. I got the ad again on 7/25 around 11:40 am. I took the screenshots.

So far, PayPal won’t return my money because I authorized the purchase.

Donna

• LQQKbubba
    LQQKbubba Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I was scammed too! I see this was reported multiple times and yet the ad is still running. Seriously, is the King customer service team sleeping? Also, very aggervated that I tried to search reporting scam ads within this community and no results came up. I had to search through Google to get to these discussion threads.

No easy way to report scams! How many people have to get scammed before you will investigate and remove the ad? I will report to the BBB.

Also, I saw a response from the community manager indicating that due to the size of the advertisers, they can't vet everyone. That's ridiculous. You are getting money for these ads. The cost to run them should include the vetting process. You are just greedy and irresponsible!

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,032 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @LQQKbubba and welcome to the Community!

The easiest and best way to report this is by contacting our Player Support team through your app or using this link .

In addition, here in the Community we're willing to help you if you give us the following information:

• the country where you were playing when you saw the ad
    • the date and time you saw it
    • some screenshots of the ad (or ads if you are seeing more than one)

Thanks, @dendon1996 , for sharing this information- I will investigate further about the ad.

• tratelqalam
    tratelqalam Posts: 2,615 Level 5
    Options

There are a lot of spam, fake advertisements, companies and commercial advertisements that should be banned from here even if they are generating profits for the community but in return they are defrauding the players and they are; which negatively affects the confidence of the players in the community with regard to the purchases and the promotion of games and commodities and therefore one of my proposals The use of expert systems in identifying fraudulent advertisements was unsure

• LQQKbubba
    Options

Playing in the US and I got the ad on 7/29 around 9:40pm.

• LQQKbubba
    edited July 2020
    Options

BTW- Here's the email address of soulless scammer... (Edit by CM: Personal Information) I also reported this to the BBB.

• dendon1996
    dendon1996 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited July 2020
    Options

@LQQKbubba. @Lola_Pop

Here is the address of mine. So they are using multiple addresses. And the ad is still running. Saw it today.

(Edit by CM: Personal Information)

• LQQKbubba
    Options

Where's the lovely community manager now? Sleeping again...... zzzzzzzzz??????

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

CM will be here soon. She is waiting for the right time.🤣

I guess ads really do work. I'd never buy anything from these ads. Sorry I didn't mean to rub it in.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?