Level 900 likely needs 2 to 4 extra moves - what do fellow players think?

Options
Alessandro_S
Alessandro_S Posts: 314 Level 4
Made it through at the 13th attempt (and with 2 moves left, too!) - but none of the other 12 attempts got even close, it was just a really really favorable board.

Most tries under 30 of the 42 cheese tiles, several under 24.

I'd have said 4 extra moves were needed before the lucky board, now I am guessing 2 more may be enough.

Opinions?  :)

Comments

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

Allesandro ... thank you for trying level 900
    ... the English version I see is spread 42 cheese in 15+2 moves with gameroom and chrome on a PC
    ... it would be nice if others could beat it in 13 tries but you are an exceptional player
    ... after 40 tries yesterday(not counting quits) was able to get 40 of 42 once
    ... it would have taken one more move to win that one
    ... three other attempts got to 38 & 39 but would have needed more than 2 moves on those
    ... a typical result is in the twenties
    ... for you 2 more moves would work ... for the rest of us 4 or more moves would be helpful
  • Alessandro_S
    Options
    Thanks @abe_coffee, but it was really a lone lucky board. My first 8 attempts never even passed 24 cheeses, and at that point I was thinking "this needs 10 extra moves"  O.o

This level is so hard that if you can't spread cheese at move 1, you might as well quit!

And again none of my unsuccessful attempts would have been a pass with 2 extras - perhaps one could have gone through with 4 extras (and maybe not).
  • abe_coffee
    edited February 2019
    Options
    finally beat it ... try #1 today spread 38 of 42 ... many  many many quits
    ... try #2 spread 42 of 42 with several blasters and barely beat it
    ... needed a lucky shuffle and a decent board

screenshots are available ... open in a new tab or a new window

• Alessandro_S
    Options
    Right, I forgot to mention I play shuffle-less to collect shuffle boosters for really impossible levels... and then forget to use them  :3

Congrats for passing this beast!
  • abe_coffee
    Options
    level 900 could use more moves ... 4 would be nice
    ... here is the approach used today 
    general approach the first few moves
    1) clear the entangler adjacent to the magnet in the second column from the right
    2) try to create blasters when clearing entanglers and move stealers
    3) try to create blasters near the center of the board that will spread cheese to the outer columns
    consider the quit button if cheese cannot be spread right away
    results today in English:
    quit 70 times on the first move
    played 21 times ... 12 times spread in the 30s
    spread 41 once ... won 4 times

• Allan_Barnard
    Allan_Barnard Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options
    Have tried level 900 for a few days now and getting rather frustrated, A few extra moves would definitely help. I must have had almost 100 tries up to now and the best was when I needed another 3
  • Judi_B
    Judi_B Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options
    Having the same problem. This game needs extra moves. Very frustrating. Seems like I played it a million times without success,  
  • abe_coffee
    Options
    level 900 has 16 moves today with gameroom on a PC ... it had 15 moves when first released
  • Allan_Barnard
    Allan_Barnard Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options
    I am playing on my laptop and today my moves have gone up to 17 from 16. Still having problems though,
  • abe_coffee
    edited March 2019
    Options
    gameroom has 17 moves today
    chrome still has 15 moves

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?