the past 300 levels or so no more lives or advance to next level means restarting the program

Options
babylon_nl
babylon_nl Posts: 16 Level 2
Hi,

I'm using Chrome and play through facebook (on apps facebook, cant post links haha)

Everytime i hit zero lives, the game leaves me with a screen, on it my profile pic on the level i most recently played, it dont seem crashed as it is still animated but it's impossible to do anything else. Kinda the same happens when i cleared a level, it shows me on the level i completed and the next level is unlocked, but cant click it.

When i reboot the page, i have to go through the loading screen, the many animations on the team play etc. Now one thing i should not do at this time is click another page, i have to sit it out, at least until i click the doorway to my next level, if i do click another tab in chrome, loading is stalled until i return and that will be the end of that loading session at all. I have to reload again in order to get going.

Now all seems to be just fine as long as i dont have 0 levels, or dont finish a level, as said. 

Interesting for me is that it means every time i start a new level or new set of lives, i get the rush play thingamajigger, that's fun but it hardly compensates for the enless restart of the program.

Interesting for you to know, maybe, is that when it freezes like this, i cant even use my creditcard and buy loads of new lives, even if i wanted to. 

the best thing to do when lives are 0 is to restart the page, bloody kill the anoying background music (over and over and over and over again, is there really no way to remember this setting, PLEASE?) and than carefully check my lives-meter. It's no point of doing anything else if it's 0, i have to wait till it at least turns to 1 again, but than just go to my level is not an option, it will freeze again, so best thing to do is reload the page again, play the level another round - repeat.

So i have 16gb of memory, using about 8gb of that, using chrome, i'm @level 1272, i7-6700, gtx1080 videocard, 42" screen (so no i dont want to play on my 1/2" phone screen) and i dont want to install the game as an app as it kinda defeats the idea of playing an online game as far as I see it.

Any suggestions are welcome, otherwise the games I can play are very nice, well done, i leave in hope of having more lives after the duration of writing this post.

Cheers!

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
    Fist of all, welcome to our Community @babylon_nl🤗

I want to thank you for providing a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing now. I must admit that this is the first I'm hearing about this so I will have to pass this on to the studio to get some insight.

I would need one more thing from you and that is a screenshot of the entire page when you end a level or run out of life so I can pass it along as well? 

Thank you so much for your collaboration 🙏
  • babylon_nl
    Options
    :) That's interesting, but than maybe i'm just a mohikan that's still using a browser haha Here's my screen.

In this case you can see i completed a level and am due for a reboot, the stars mark the completed level. I can even move about the landscape left and right, but click simply dont work, also the top right gateway is missing.. I hope this gives you an idea..

• babylon_nl
    Options
    after the reboot, anoying music is back, have to switch it off, than click the portal and have to go to the endless screens of teams and blah blah
  • babylon_nl
    edited January 2020
    Options
    And than i can play the next level

• babylon_nl
    Options
    Cleared the level, portal is gone and need to reload the game again :)
  • babylon_nl
    Options
    I have a 2 minute video of the restarting of the game, tho my network is 50mbs and it works fine, my work is to repair and clean infected computers so no, it's not that, i noticed that it actually takes a full minute to load the game to the first screen (were level 1 is). I hope this all makes sense to you

• babylon_nl
    Options
    At times it actually takes longer to restart than to finish a level hahaha

• babylon_nl
    Options
    Another thing worth mentioning, maybe, is that you have to know i never turn my computer off. The symptoms i'm are relatively recent, i'd say they started end of last year. Before it was even more frustrating. It would not crash this way, in fact it appeared to be working fine.. except it wasnt. What happened than is that when stuck at a certain level, you'd run out of lives, and they get replenished and so on and so on. BUT.. if i would not manually restart the game there might be a pitfall.. On more than one occasion when finally a level is completed it would show me a no wifi sign, saying the game couldnt connect to internet. Well.. that's tough nookies on you! Because this internet connection that is so called missing woud never return and after a restart, i guess you can understand what happened.. yes, it's back to that level again.. And acting as if nothing happened and just keep playing was a very good option, but no newly completed level would be registered. I dont need to say there was nothing wrong with my internet connection.

But again, this changed into forced reboots, i must admit, i have never completed a level that was not registrered after that.. I guess that's a good thing..
  • babylon_nl
    Options
    It's starting to be a solo performance, but now that i've got your attention, might as well get it all out hey? :)

Here's another for ya..I restart the game and click another tab in chrome, let's say, i'm typing here in the forum :) Now when i go back to the game, 9 out 10 times it only than continues to  load. If i'm lucky i get the 'send friends lives' screen, but when i click about 95% chance is that the music comes on and the whole link to king.com goes haywire, i just realised. The page freezes, but it's only now i realise that also this screen freezes: chrome asks me to wait for those 2 pages to respond, or end the task. And yes, the other 12 tabs i have open keep working just fine. I have to kill both king.com tabs and reload them and i'm good to go again. For a bit. let me see if i can get both tabs to crash again and make a screen shot

• babylon_nl
    Options
    Some things keep getting better if your repeat them... restarting the game.. not so much...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?