Freddie_ Posts: 13 Level 2
edited January 2020 in Support
why is the weekly race now including other players not just my friends

Best Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Welcome to our Community @26_2runrgrl :)

With extra challenges and events, you can expect to see both your Facebook and other King players and this is intended. 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    Options

In all of our previous Saga games, there have always been two separate ways to be socially connected - either through Facebook or the Kingdom. 

Both allow you to easily save your game progress, play across multiple devices or platforms and also send and receive help at Roadblocks, extra lives and other juicy bonuses. 

If you aren't connected to Facebook then you will only see your randomly assigned Kingdom co-players. These are other people who are also playing the game and you can choose to interact as much or as little with them as you please.

It is completely anonymous and no personal details or information are shared between players. All anyone else will see of you is your avatar and nickname, both of which can be personalised. 

Even if you are Facebook connected you will still be connected to the Kingdom and so will see a mix of other players' avatars alongside your Facebook friends profile pictures.

This means there are always other players on your game map and friends available to give a helping help when needed!

I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our Game Developers and I hope you continue our game! 

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @Freddie_ - I hope you are enjoying your time in the community.  When you say weekly race - are you referring to the race where they show you and 4 other people and whomever completes the most levels (in first/second/third place) get free boosters every week?  I noticed a change in my players - one person was switched out but it was still someone who is a Facebook friend (the person that was switched out was not actively playing the game).  Were all your friends actively playing the game?  

You aren't referring to the new Teams feature are you - because anyone can join a team if there is still space available.
  • Freddie_
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, yes it is the race you refer to, but now only two of my facebook friends and me are showing. I just won last weeks race and now two complete unknown players to me are at 1st and 2nd slot with me third and only 3 Facebook friends showing. All my facebook friends were active. 
  • 26_2runrgrl
    26_2runrgrl Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    Why is it on Candy Crush Soda with the weekly challenge that starts and ends on Sundays do I all of a sudden have someone who I am not friends with on any platform apart of my weekly challenge? I thought it was only played against who you're friends with on Facebook who also play the same game. 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Welcome to our Community @26_2runrgrl :)

With extra challenges and events, you can expect to see both your Facebook and other King players and this is intended. 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    Options

In all of our previous Saga games, there have always been two separate ways to be socially connected - either through Facebook or the Kingdom. 

Both allow you to easily save your game progress, play across multiple devices or platforms and also send and receive help at Roadblocks, extra lives and other juicy bonuses. 

If you aren't connected to Facebook then you will only see your randomly assigned Kingdom co-players. These are other people who are also playing the game and you can choose to interact as much or as little with them as you please.

It is completely anonymous and no personal details or information are shared between players. All anyone else will see of you is your avatar and nickname, both of which can be personalised. 

Even if you are Facebook connected you will still be connected to the Kingdom and so will see a mix of other players' avatars alongside your Facebook friends profile pictures.

This means there are always other players on your game map and friends available to give a helping help when needed!

I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our Game Developers and I hope you continue our game! 

• katbuzza
    katbuzza Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    What I liked about the weekly challenge was that I was competing with people I know to see who was winning the most levels. 

I wish there was a way to opt out of competing against people we don’t know for this event because takes away a lot of the fun.
  • Freddie_
    Options
    I totally agree with you and my friends feel the same 
  • Bill_Fleming
    Bill_Fleming Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I don't like this at all. I only want to compete against my friends in the weekly race. Doesn't the Episode Race use all players? So why do you have both?????? I'll bet most players only want to play against their friends in the Weekly Race.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?