🌟 Help us improve Accessibility for players in Candy Crush Soda Saga!

Options
olga_ma
olga_ma Posts: 10 Kingster
edited May 2020 in Discussions

No account yet? Sign up in 2 seconds!

Hello Soda people!

A great saga needs all sorts of heroes and that’s why we embrace and celebrate what makes us different rather than what makes us the same. 

👉As the Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) takes place on the 21st of May, our fantastic Game Studios would like to focus on how we could deliver the best game experience for every one of you. And you, Community Member, can help us to help you!

What is Accessibility? 

Accessibility is the degree in which our game can be made playable to as many people as possible. By improving the accessibility, we can make the game more inclusive, as it allows different kinds of people with different kinds of limitations to all be able to enjoy it!

Here are some kinds of disabilities we are trying to keep in mind:

Here are some examples we’ve got so far: 

• Flashy particles: Players with eg. epilepsy may struggle with flashy visual effects causing seizures or hurting their eyes.
  • Scrolling through the Saga Map: Players with arthritis or other physical impairments may find scrolling through episodes physically exhausting.
  • Colour blindness: Players with this genetic condition may have problems differentiating the different types of bombs, candy and other colour-based objects in the game. 
  • ...and we’re sure there must be many other things too!

🌟 We would love to hear about the ways Candy Crush Soda Saga is helping you in terms of accessibility - or anything that could help! And even more, we would love to know if you are experiencing specific difficulties while playing. All your feedback will be helpful to keep on delivering the best for you.

Thank you so much everyone 🙌

Have fun and remember.. May the Community be with you! 🚀

Comments

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hello!

Thanks @olga_ma for trying to make the most enjoyable and playful game for our players!

I will tag @Origins7_Dale because I know you were talking about some issues you were experiencing when trying to scroll down among levels. 🤗

Have a Sodalicious day y'all!

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,981 Candy Moderator
    Options

Thank you @olga_ma for asking us for our inputs. I know there are other players out there who have various issues like limited vision or other things. I personally don't have any of those issues and this is the one game that does have a mechanism to allow us to easily go back to previous episodes and levels. I play on a mobile device and don't have problems moving the candies to make matches etc. I just wish the game didn't force me to go to portrait mode for part of it (for example the daily reward) - it is harder for me to hold my iPad in portrait than it is in landscape mode - where more of the weight is distributed.

The other thing I might suggest is that when you have special events - that you post about the event more than when the person first starts playing for the day - because sometimes that information can get overlooked (for example I never saw the notice for what day 2 of Kimmy's Quest was - so I didn't complete it for that day).

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi @olga_ma & @LadyRaffie,

Yup, these days seems 24/7.

*Edited by CM: off-topic*

I also suggested this on scrolling back:

*Pinning Levels To The Game!

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-soda-saga/discussion/286934/pinning-levels-to-the-game#latest

Anything else you may need, feel free to call on me.

Thx Origins7 Dale,

My Player / User ID: 9815076088 

5/5/2020

• YoshLee44
    YoshLee44 Posts: 102 Level 2
    Options

I think you should bring back level icons and intros, would help me understand what level type it is, quicker.

Here's the stuff I'm talking about:

hope you see this, thanks!

• Laura43
    Laura43 Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I didn't think that I had vision problems but I actually had to buy a pair of reading glasses because the numbers ( example: the number of gold bars you have) are really tiny and blurry. If could have an option of changing your Font Size that would be AWESOME!!!!

Something to think about for the visually impaired.

Thanks for listening👂👅❤️

• louiswibrew
    louiswibrew Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    Options

• Manley
    Manley Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    Options

• maria55701254
    maria55701254 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    Options

• Giant83_Hidden
    Giant83_Hidden Posts: 22 Level 2
    Options

I am playing mostly on iPhone. I often get gamers thumb from playing with my left hand. Which can easily trigger my darting pain in my wrist. I don't know what the solve would be. But it would relieving bc I'm not going to put the game down. Maybe put a stretch break for people who have gaming for a long time.

• reham123
    reham123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?