Candy Crush Soda has stopped working

Options
2»

Answers

• JerryHorne
    JerryHorne Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited June 2020
    Options

Exactly the same problem I'm having on a MacBook Air in king.com using Google Chrome. Hasn't let me play for a good month now. I too have tried all the tips offered, to no avail. This happened to me once before a couple of years ago and, in that instance, it cleared up and started working again after a LONG period of time (like a couple of months).

• Mindy_OConnell
    Mindy_OConnell Posts: 43 Level 2
    edited June 2020
    Options

This has been going on for at least three months already. First it started with opening on the first level then after awhile I stopped getting gifts then the click thing - a couple of years ago I had issues that were similar and they too went away all by themselves.....Are they still using Flash? I've done the facebook thing too - updated all the King games as have my friends

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

come on guys. the studio updates their games all the time. the game should get better, right? like taking one step forward and 2,3,4 steps back. 🤣🤣🤣

• Mindy_OConnell
    edited June 2020
    Options

So - any other ideas? I went through everything again today just to see if I could maybe play and I was excited to find it loaded to my correct level but I have no mouse capabilities still - I also am not getting gifted lives in Saga or Jelly now although I can still load and play the games. Still not able to play Soda at all. I can't believe there are no other suggestions as to possible problems to check for. Playing on facebook - Level 895 - windows 10 - Google Chrome User ID 1067645246

• Mindy_OConnell
    Options

Not sure if this will come in as 2 replies because my original did not show after I edited it but here goes - tried again this morning to go through all the steps hoping I could play and was excited when the game loaded at my level - but that was all I got - still no mouse control so I cannot play.- it also does not show the portals or any other icons in the sides - Isn't there anything I can do to make this game work? I am playing on a Windows 10 PC in Facebook - Using Google Chrome - on Level 895 - User ID 1067645246 -

• Mindy_OConnell
    Options

Ok so I went to the King.com site and opened it there - as soon as I synced with my Facebook game it stopped working (no mouse click) so there goes that option to play - somehow my game is corrupt and I can't find the issue - really need help!

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Mindy_OConnell Apologies if im going over anything you have already done. You play via google chrome have you cleared the history / cache to the beginning of time on the browser and restarted your device ? As you are playing on pc via windows 10 have you thought about downloading the App as this seems to work a lot better for me than the facebook version.

• Mindy_OConnell
    edited July 2020
    Options

yes I have cleared the cache and the app works until I sync with Facebook to get my level and credits - this tells me the game is corrupt for me and my id as are all other king games at this time - I have issues in every single one since the facebook update where I had to do the permissions thing - I am getting no lives and none that I send are getting to friends but Soda is the only one I can't play at all. As I said in the past I can click until I move from the initial screen then I lose click - As I was roaming around the community I found others who had the same issues to one degree or another so I was hoping tech support would look into it but I guess we're on our own here....

• tratelqalam
    tratelqalam Posts: 2,615 Level 5
    Options

First, can you be sure to follow these few steps?

1.- Disconnect the game from Facebook or Kingdom by logging out from the settings menu.

2.- Close all applications and shutdown your device. Turn it off for at least 10 seconds, then turn it on again.

3.- Check for updates to your device and applications.

4.- Clear the game cache in the following order: Settings> Applications> Game name> Clear cache.

5.- Ensure that the time, date and time zone are correct on your device, and that you are within the range of the wireless router. If you use mobile data, make sure to enable it correctly in Settings> Mobile data.

6.- Join the game again, reconnect to Facebook or Kingdom.

If these steps don't work, you can delete the app and install it again - this means that you are losing reinforcements and saved lives, so it might be a good idea to use them before trying this step.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?