Candy Caution - Win10 App users

Options
Rab123
Rab123 Posts: 18 Level 2

If during lockdown, like me, you spent more time doing Candy Soda, you may not be aware that if you manage to progress to the pre-release levels on the Win10 App – You may want to note this word of caution.

There are 60 more levels in the pre-release version on the Win10 app as compared with Android, IOS and Kindle. This week the highest level is 5740 in Win10 and 5680 in the others, these levels normally increase by 45 a week.

If you have an issue on the Win10 app on any of the 60 pre-release levels, King can only restore up to level 5680, which is the highest cross platform release level.

Also note that if you complete any level above 5680, your avatar will not move and synchronise with any other Win10 device but your previous scores will show. For example if you do level 5681 on your PC, your avatar will move on to 5682, when you open soda on a different Win10 device your avatar will still be on 5681 but when you click on that level it will show your high score even though that level is incomplete.

Pre-release or not, progressed levels should synchronise between Win10 devices. I have had an ongoing ticket with the King support team for the last 5 weeks and after many emails, restores, screenshots etc. No progress yet.

This may also apply to other Candy Saga games, not sure as I only use Soda.

Comments

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,922 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

Welcome to Sweet King Community! 👑

You can see the latest new levels with any platforms :

iOS, Android and HTML5:

• Episodes 369, 370 and 371 - Last level 5680

Windows pre-release:

• Episodes 373, 374 and 375 - Last level 5740

You can also click here to read this similar information that I hope you can understand to read it too.

If you want to win gold bars on this game, you can click here to join and answer on this game's contests that you can chance to win gold bars. 😊

Have a sodalicious day! 🥤

• Rab123
    Options

Lil, This is not a synchronisation issue, it is a failing of the game backend coding. The system tools available can only restore to the highest cross platform level (this week 5680). King support can only restore to this, trust me I have had this done by support a few times in the last two weeks to try and help King support fix this. Every week for the last few months I have finished Soda, got sick of the glitch and have been trying to help King fix this.

On Thursday I was at the highest level of Soda pre-release (5695), On Friday new episodes were release and they then restored me to 5680 (Normal Release Ceiling), so I lost 15 levels. Now have to do the same levels again

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 150,922 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

Thank you for your answering! 😊

You can check to read and follow these troubleshooting steps of this problem. (This solve discussion by Community Team.) (Any Device) 😉

So click here to read to follow these troubleshooting steps of this problem that I hope this helps and you can back to your current level on this game! 😉

By the way, when you play on mobile, you are still on Level 5680 (As Max Level) right now. But you are still saved over Level 5681 on Windows 10 as like this information answered. 😊

• Rab123
    Options

Thanks for your effort but this has been with King Support in Malta for the last 5 weeks, they have now escalated this to their QA and Developer teams. Not sure you fully understand the issue.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

I get you @Rab123 but no one here can really help you. I think you only post this as a warning for other players. That is great. Hopefully the studio will do something about it SOON. Good Luck!

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,699 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome to our beautiful community

Do you have multiple devices with Window 10? Usually when you get stuck: first aid is: Check App update> Sign out game> Restart device and wait 5 minutes after power on> Open game and sign in Clear cache. If nothing happens. Please repeat the current level and exit and then update and empty the cache and reopen it.

The new levels do not come all at the same time on all devices. It depends on the device and the programming. I hope this helps!!

• Rab123
    Options

Hi, This is not a normal sync issue. This only happens when you play the pre-release levels on the Win10 app (this week that is from level 5681)

Aster 5 weeks, this has now been replicated and confirmed by the QA and Development Teams at King.

Statement from King today was "They are sharing theories and they are positive about finding the root cause."

• Rab123
    Options

Email to me from Support today stated....

The issue needs to be fixed and released as a new version of Soda. It can't be mitigated by installing/reinstalling. There is no sign, from what I can see, of data loss. The player progress is correctly synced and available in the client but a bug in the game makes it not possible to play the synced levels if it's a pre-release level. We will work on a fix, test it and release it in an upcoming Soda release.

So please be aware that if you play any pre-release levels, that is the top 60 levels of the game on the Win10 App, your Avatar will not sync progress with any other Win10 device. The high scores scores attained in these levels will be registered and sync'd and progress in the "Team" tab of the "Teams" mini app will show true level progress. Hoping for a speedy resolution from the development team after a lengthy dialogue with Support.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?