🏆 Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000 // 14 000

✈️ Soda Summer Flights ✈️ Chance to earn 20GB 🤩

Options

Comments

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 15,996 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @Nix66 thank you for the tag and to @Diamond Lim for tagging too.

Although I would love to see the Northern Lights, maybe visit New Zealand, and have always wanted to visit Southern Ireland which is a bit closer to home, my dream and hope one day is to fly to the island of Tresco, which is the second biggest island of The Isles of Scilly which is just off our coast.

I don't really like to travel far, and don't like leaving Cornwall, and these islands are twinned with our county so it is perfect. It is only a 15 minute helicopter ride from our coast, and it would actually be lovely to ride in a helicopter on a holiday destination instead of the memories I had riding in our air ambulance twice with my son once when he was a baby the second when he was 7 to hospital.

I love small planes and helicopters and love the fact you can see so much coast and landscape plus the fact it is so quick to get anywhere. I especially love it if there is some turbulence! which my husband and I got one year travelling over to St.Marys before we were married. Out of us 15 passengers I think I was the only fruit and nut case that loved it! Great fun! 🤣Needless to say we picked a really stormy week for a holiday and it was touch and go whether the plane could fly us back. Because of the storm none of the boats where running to the Islands. We walked the whole of St.Marys that week, but I would love to see the other islands especially Tresco. I loved the flight back to Cornwall, flying in over Lands End with the sea mist rolling up over the cliffs it was spectacular!

Island of Tresco:💚

• maebae3
    maebae3 Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options

I would definitely go to Costa Rica! There the have this place with 100’s of rescue dogs which run free and you can go and play with them. I imagine it’s amazing to see. Aside from that one place there’s so much more to do while your there. It would be my dream vacation

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Thank you for tagging me @Nix66 and @Diamond Lim.

My favourite holiday destination has to be Sri Lanka.and I should love to visit again.

We travelled from Colombo to Negombo, where our hotel was located on the beach - the beach, palms and sunshine presenting the most beautiful sight after the long flights from the UK via Dubai or Abu Dhab

After visiting friends in Nugegoda and Kandy, we travelled to the tea country in Nuwara Eliya (Little England), where the temperatures are so much lower because of the proximity of Adam's Peak (2,243 metres).

We also travelled to Sigiriya, Nilaveli (badly affected by the tsunami) and Trincomalee.

The photo below is of Kandy.

The people are so friendly and hospitable, we felt very humble when invited to dine with them.

It may look like a small island but there is so much to see and do.

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hello Nix66 , I would have loved to visit Europe !! 😀

I was able to travel in the eastern US and once in Candida (Niagara Falls area), so much history there.

Now watching YouTube and pictures friends send, Europe would be a must !!

My first stop would be Barcelona Spain. The itinerary would be walks on beaches.

I encourage those who can to travel as much as you can

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @Nix66!

Nice badge!

Actually, there is not a summer destination for me to go by air, just because I can reach some beautiful beaches by car in 20 - 30 mins from home! 🇬🇷

But thete is a favorite destination where I like to go at Summer by air (without a swimsuit)!!

This is Amsterdam!! 🇳🇱

• Peanut7139
    Peanut7139 Posts: 1,631 Level 4
    Options

Went to Philly to see brother, sister and nephew. We went to Penn's Landing for some out door music. Ben Franklin Parkway has a lot to do and see. We did a lot of eating at Reading Terminal Market. Wanted to go to New York but to much going on right now in the city. Went to the Board Walk in New Jersey and ate some of my favorite Spaghetti at Angelo's. Shopped on South Street and had a really good time. We also took the boat from Penn's Landing across to the New Jersey side. I ate at GiGi's Jamaican Restaurant. They really have the good food.

• greddycandy
    greddycandy Posts: 12,429 Level 5
    Options

There's lots of things I'd like to do if I could afford to travel... The first thing I'd love to do is go on Haj. Then visit the holy mosques and then spend some time in Turkey. Then I'd like to go on a working vacation in refugee camps and wildlife conservation sites. I'm not really the parting type so if I wanted to do out in the sun I can stay at home Cape Town...sun, beaches, mountain, hiking and plenty more fun!

• GlenysB
    GlenysB Posts: 574 Level 4
    Options

@Nix66

Although we haven't travelled far for a few years the best place we have been to is Cyprus. This island is divided in to two by the Greeks and the Turkish. We travelled along the Green Line to a monastery up in the mountains. On one side of the road were UN forces and on the other Turkish forces. Quite scary.

We met a Welsh couple whilst there and became friends and to this day exchange Christmas cards each year. They were rather surprised to find out that we had 3 weeks holidays for the price of 2 weeks and full board for the price of half board. Needless to say that they weren't too happy with their booking agents.

23rd August 2021

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?