🏆 Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000 // 14 000

✈️ Soda Summer Flights ✈️ Chance to earn 20GB 🤩

Options

Comments

• mysticalmysty
    mysticalmysty Posts: 30,398 Crushing Legend
    Options

Hi @Nix66 My original plan for my end of summer vacation was canceled due all things that still happening right now, so instead next week I’ll be going on backpacking + camping to Superstition Wilderness and Tonto National Park in Arizona for a whole week. I know it’s still going to be around 100 degrees right now in desert land, but I just can’t wait being away before this summer’s end ⛺️😜.

My backpack loaded and ready

• teresawallace44
    teresawallace44 Posts: 4,436 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Nix66

Well I’m not much into flying. 😳 My first trip on a plane was in 2014. I didn’t have a car that I could drive 800 miles to see my family. I live in Florida and most of my family lives in North Carolina and the air port started non stop flights to my hometown in NC and it was cheaper then driving. I was so nervous. Since then I’ve been on 2 more flights to NC from Florida and it has been even cheaper. I don’t like to fly but less then $200 US dollars round trip I guess I’ve got to do it to see my family. 💕❤️

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim 💕

Teresa 🦋🌺🦋

• a_trost
    a_trost Posts: 740 Level 3
    edited August 2021
    Options

Can anybody tell me how to erase my post? I know how to edit.

• klev8628
    klev8628 Posts: 219 Level 3
    Options

My dream since I was a kid is to go to California. I'd like to ride those trains in San Francisco.

• a_trost
    a_trost Posts: 740 Level 3
    Options

My dream vacation, if money didn't matter and I didn't have things at home to worry about, would be a trip around the world 🌎 We would leave our home, California and stop in New York to see the Niagra Falls area. We would do some hiking, see wildlife and see the illumination of the falls at night.

Our next stop would be Iceland. I have a friend who is from there so I would find out from her the best things to do there. We would see the northern lights from Reykjavik. We would definitely go explore the Skaftafell Ice Cave, bathe in the Mývatn Nature Baths, visit the black sand Reynisfjara Beach & explore Raufarholshellir which is a 1,360-meter lava tube cave!

Then off to Germany, I really want to get my picture taken and get a souvenir from Trostberg, Germany and see the Trostburg Castle and everything else I can see there! Of course I want to see the Berlin wall and also enjoy sight seeing historical medieval places and beautiful castles.

Next, Africa where there is the world-renowned Kruger National Park, South Africa’s largest wildlife sanctuary. I love animals and enjoy seeing the wildlife in different places. Here we would see birds, elephant, buffalo, lion, cheetah, hyena, rhino, leopard, African wild dog, crocodile, hippo, antelope, zebra, giraffe, baboon, penguin, ostrich...

The island of Madagascar would be our next stop. Our reason for visiting would be to see the wildlife. We would visit some of the parks and preserves where we will see many types of lemurs, lizards, geckos, chameleons, rhino, turtles, fossa, frogs, aye-aye, birds, water buffalo, tenrec, tortoise, zebu, warthog, antelope, elephant, monitor lizard, hedgehog, mongoose, monkey...

Then to see more wildlife, Australia & Tasmania! The most important animal to see is the koala. We would also see Kangaroo, platypus, wallaby, birds, tasmanian devil, opossum, pademelon, water dragon, penguin, tasmanian wolf, frog, lizard, bandicoot, tortoise, water buffalo... Of course we would go diving in the great barrier reef where we would see coral, mollusks, sea turtle, sponge, starfish, pufferfish, seahorse, sea cucumber, fish, sea snake, dolphin, whale, jellyfish, dugongs, manta rays, sharks...

For a change of pace our next stop would be Hong Kong/China. Big Wave Bay for swimming and Hong Kong Park for sightseeing. The Great Wall of China is a must. Only in China can we take a bamboo cruise down the Li River. We would see the giant pandas and red pandas up-close in Chengdu.

Getting closer to home, our last stop would be in Alaska. We would go to the places my husband remembers from when he lived in Alaska for a short time as a child. We would see the beautiful landscape, bear, caribou, bison, puffin, wolf, dall sheep, moose... We would again see the northern lights, this time from Coldfoot a town in Alaska's Brooks Range mountains.

I will now feel like a real world traveler. By A. Trost

I would like for all the font to be the same, smaller size, but I don't know how to change it.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options

The only people who can delete any messages are the CMs so you'd have to send one of them a PM to delete it.

• Palash_Sarma
    Palash_Sarma Posts: 8,508 Level 5
    Options

I have not flight till yet but I wish to go nice play with flight 😊

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options

I haven't been on a vacation in years so where would I start? What would I book? I've been to Hawaii and that was totally awesome. I was in Mexico for my honeymoon. I grew up in Canada so when I moved to the USA we would take vacation time visiting family in Montreal.

I've never been to Europe but at this very second if I had to choose a dream vacation it would be to go to Barcelona, Spain to meet our wonderful team of CMs. Not only would I eat lunch with them but I'd have one of them or a couple of them give me a tour of Barcelona. Then I'd like to go shopping with the female CMs. And once I'm exhausted from running around I'd love to sit outside and enjoy the scenary from their office. I'm pretending that the pandemic doesn't exist so they are still working at the office. Hey it's a dream right? I'd like to just lounge, enjoy a cool drink and look at the beautiful scene from the balcony.

• janeau_owl
    janeau_owl Posts: 215 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@CassD I loved Sri Lanka too! Did you ever visit the Barefoot Cafe? For those who are curious, it's a cafe and a boutique that sells dyed canvas products and other things made by women in collectives. The atmosphere is great there and the food is good too. I also loved Galle. Pretty little place by the sea.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?