Similar level players for weekly contest

Options
LiL_Pixie
LiL_Pixie Posts: 9 Level 2

This is more of a complaint/ idea request.

I am level 6116 and it has taken a lot of time (money for real) and dedication to get here. I LOVE all the extras in game, weekly contest, gone fishing challenge, race to the finish.

What is highly discouraging and very upsetting is seeing a player with 177 levels completed in 3 days.

So I look, thinking 'dang this is a serious player!'

Level 346? Really? So no matter how hard I try, how much time I put into this game there is absolutely NO WAY I can compete with this. This is literally the 5th time I have run into this. 2 weeks ago the player who had 400 levels done that week, started at level 10 I believe. Last week I played almost every extra moment and after 136 levels I just couldn't compete with the person who was at level 600.

What would be fair is to group everybody in level 6000-6500 to compete, 0-500, 501-1000, etc etc to really make the game competitive and FAIR. I'm losing steam and becoming very discouraged. Why play when at best I get 10 gold bars a day from playing 28 levels (if I even play that many, sometimes 10 levels wipes me out)? I can't compete in the weekly contest for levels, my levels are far more challenging than level 400.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @LiL_Pixie and welcome to Soda community!

Wow, congratulations on your dedication to the game. Impressive

Your point of you view is understandable 😀.

It looks like the Studio studio choses to use the gameplay performance as a reference instead. Active players matched against active players.

I agree with you, the challenge cannot be always sustainable when you consistently belong to the very active players group.

But if you think about it, the same strategy puts players, who tend to crush levels slowly, in a group of players who perform similarly to them, no matter what level they're at. I'd assume not all players in the 100s are hard-core crushers and not all players in the 6000s can steadily crush 2-3 episodes every week. Maybe it wouldn't be fair for the "slow crushers" to be matched against players within the same level range but with way better gameplay performance, week after week 😅

So even this point of view would be understandable.

Good thing of the current system is that the type of weekly groups we end up with seem flexible and they're somewhat influenced by how we played the week before. I see some similarities with what CM confimed about Episode Race here .

Depending on how good or bad we perfom in a week, we're put in a group with an adjusted pace of our opponents 1-2 weeks after. So the very competive players are often given competive players to keep the challenge on while players who are/get less competitive are given an incentive to play by being placed in non-competitive weekly group

So, I wouldn't want to discourage you more by telling you that taking a break helps with this but I believe you have a (limited) way to influence how the game operates 😀

Thank you for your feedback and idea. Let's see what the players think of this 🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?