Where are the other players

Options
Lemurtek
Lemurtek Posts: 2,079 Level 4

When I started playing Candy Crsuh Soda, whenever I won a level, there would be a list of other players, and I would have my score and my relative rank shown. Then one day, for no apparent reason, the game stopped showing the other players, and just showed my avatar and score. I asked about this before, and they told me this happens when you play offline. I am pretty sure I am NOT playing offline, I always have other players i the weekly race, in the four in a row, in the Bake A Cake event etc. I am logged in, my game progress, level lives, boosters Gold etc. is being saved my profile and email is correct etc. Normally this isn't a big issue but occasionally, like in certain challenges, they want to see your ranking. So I would like to know what is going on, and if there is something I can do to resolve it. Thanks for your timer!

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Lemurtek !

Did you try troubleshooting?

Sometimes this happens to me as well without disconnecting or anything but after sometime friends and their scores appear again.

Or has your friends list disappeared too?

Did Social Hub appear when your friends disappeared? Friends list and highscore bar list usually disappear when Social Hub becomes available in the game and unfortunately friends need to be re-added to the the list using Social Hub

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Lemurtek !

Did you try troubleshooting?

Sometimes this happens to me as well without disconnecting or anything but after sometime friends and their scores appear again.

Or has your friends list disappeared too?

Did Social Hub appear when your friends disappeared? Friends list and highscore bar list usually disappear when Social Hub becomes available in the game and unfortunately friends need to be re-added to the the list using Social Hub

• Sanity
    Sanity Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Seit Wochen ist kein Mitspieler mehr in meiner Highscore Liste und ich kann keinen Level beenden. Würden Sie bitte nachsehen, woran das liegen könnte.

Ich habe schon versucht, den Cache zu leeren, zu deinstallieren und neu installieren. Es bleibt weiterhin so. Schade, so allein spielen zu müssen :-(

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Sanity and welcome to Soda community!

Please note that Soda community only uses English as a vehicular language so everybody can understand each other🙂

If you're not very fluent it's okay, please translate your comments using a translation tool like Google Translate and post again.

As for your problem, please provide more infos

• you installed Soda app on your device, do you save your progress with a Facebook account or King account (simply passoword+ email address)?
    • which device do you use (make and model)?
    • what version is your operating system (windows 10?, Android 11? etc)
    • do you see this icon in your map?

thanks

• Sanity
    Sanity Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hello Pitty Kitty,

thank you so much for answering.

Soda is installed with a King Account (Emailadress + Password) on a

Tower PC Acer Aspire TC-886 i5-9400, operating system Windows 11.

I can see the Social Symbol icon on my map.

For many weeks I can't see any Players in the Highscore List and I can't reach the end of a level race. I can play every level on my own, but it's very boring without any other players. Hopefully you understand what I mean!

Thank you for your help :-)

Rita

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @Sanity!

thank you for your infos.

If you log in to your King account on Soda app, sadly all of your friends that were randomly allotted by King are now gone from your friends list. This is the known effect caused by the implementation of a new feature called Social Hub and all King account players went through it in the past months. friends need to be re-added manually to the the list using Social Hub.

If you can see the Social icon then you have Social Hub feature.

For players who play on Soda app on Window computer, this is the easiest way to add new friends:

• you play events with random players in it. For example, episode race, weekly contest, "4 in a row", Soda team. You see their avatars and click on the pictures. A purple tab will appear. Click "add friend" green button. Then wait for your request to be accepted by the player. More infos and pictures here.

----

There is also the option to share a personal link to invite people but it doesn't work as well as it does on Soda app installed on mobile devices. Problems have been reported to Soda Game Studio but we don't have a solution yet.

Windows 11 users can share links but can't click on other players' links to add them. To share a link, Windows 11 players can open the link with an app like Windows EMail and then copy the message from the email draft and paste it wherever you want (without sending emails). Please read here for more info

There is a thread here where community members share their personal links if you're able to share your link. Tip: I suggest you make some more comments (a couple I think) until your community status moves from "Newbie" to "Level 2", this way you should be able to share links without problems on this forum. Your community status is displayed below your username @Sanity

Do ask if you need clarifications or have further questions 🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?