What's happening in Soda in May? 🏖️🏹
🏆🏖️ Soda Summer Season is here!
🎉🥳New Accessibility features are coming to Soda!

🏆🏹 Claim your Soda Cup Badge!
Qualifers // Quarters // Semis // Finals

(FIXED) Playing from Facebook, I lost my list of friends

Options
Kat2n12
Kat2n12 Posts: 8 Level 2
edited April 2022 in Support

I play on Facebook, I can play the game fine, but all my friends are gone. The game has all the permissions needed, same as all the other king games, but Candy Crush Soda has no friends. When I run out of lives it says ask friends and the friends page is blank, none listed there like it used to be.

Best Answers

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you all for coming to our Community and repot us your issue with your friend list on Facebook.

We have seen since yesterday some issues with the Friends' list but thanks to your reports we know exactly what the problem is now.

We are currently looking into it and trying to bring an immediate fix for you to either see again your friends back in your game or you are able to migrate them to the new Friends mode.

🤗

@FluffyDinosaur @Pitty_Kitty @Yosca

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello everyone!

We have sent a fix to the game in order to help you keep your Facebook friends in this new friendship model. You should hopefully see this issue recovering gradually  🤗

@Pitty_Kitty @Yosca @FluffyDinosaur 

Answers

• wisbang
    wisbang Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

When I go to send request to friends there are no names on the box. Just says all friends and it is blank. Used to be all friends and soda friends. It was fine yesterday and today nothing. I cannot send and receives lives. ID 1015334550

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @wisbang and welcome to Soda community!

Did Social Hub appear when your friends disappeared? Friends list usually disappears when Social Hub becomes available in the game and unfortunately friends need to be re-added to the the list using Social Hub

Social Hub icon looks like this in your game:

Visit this page to know more about the ways you can add friends to your list

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them 🤗

• wisbang
    Options

I do not see this in the game. When you go to send to soda friends it is not listed in the box. It only says friends with no names. If i remove the game and reload it will this be fixed then.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello!

Let's wait and undestand what's going on before choosing to uninstall.

Did you try troubleshooting?

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*depending on the type of the device you can clear cookies/cache of your device or cache of Soda app directly (Android). More info here. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

Let me know if it works 🙂

• wisbang
    Options

I am using a pc google is my browser. I always clear my cache every night. My chrome is up to date. Do I logout of my king account or facebook? Where would I find the cache for candy crush soda saga? I don't mind sending you my log in info for facebook and then you could see what is happening. I could message you with the info if that is possible. I'm not very savey.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @wisbang

I see, thank you for providing more infos.

Did you try to use a different browser? (Edge?, Mozilla? etc)

What computer do you use? (make and model)?

Is Windows running on your PC? If that's the case, what version of Windows do you have?

If you play on a browser then yes, you won't be able to find Social Hub. Social Hub feature and its option to add friends is available only on Soda app installed on mobile devices and Windows 10 or 11 computers.

Feel free to take screenshots of the problem you see in your game and post them here or in a private message if the pictures contain personal inforamations (email address included) that cannot be posted publicly for your protection and privacy

----------------------------------------------------------

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

After you captured your screen image, you can paste it on Paint program and save the picture as an image on your computer

Upload the image from your computer to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

If you wish to send the pictures to me via message instead, click these icons and type my username as the recipient

Do ask if you need help with any of these steps 🤗

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

I forgot to ask, are the browsers you use updated? Click on this link to make sure they're updated

Is your computer updated? (I mean Windows, if this is the operating system you have in your computer)

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @Kat2n12 and welcome to Soda community!

sorry to hear about this. you're the second player who reported this issue today and we're trying to find out what's going on

would you check these steps below?

• check if your browser (e.g. Chrome, Edge, Mozilla etc) is updated. click this page to check
    • try a different browser
    • check if your computer operarting system is updated. I mean Windows, for example, if Windows is running in your device
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

* More info here.

Let me know if they help

Thanks!

• Kat2n12
    Kat2n12 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

Browser is up to date, so is Windows. I have cleared cache and cookies and restarted with no difference. The other games are fine with friends (Pet Rescue and Candy Crush). I do not have a King account, just use Facebook.

• wisbang
    Options

Windows 10 and its a lap top toshiba satellite C650-054 have tried different browser still the same. I just copied and pasted the screen. Tried what you said and could not get it to work.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?