💻️⛔️ Purchase issues on Windows app via Microsoft Store

Options
FluffyDinosaur
FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,386 Community Manager
edited June 2022 in Support

Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating why some players are not able to make any purchases in the game when playing via the Windows app. Please note that this issue is only on Windows app and when purchasing via Microsoft Store.

This issue may give you various error messages or just a blank white pop up in the game.

We are looking into this issue and hopefully will have found a solution for it soon.

Meanwhile, please try this workaround which should help until the issue is fixed:

-Open Microsoft Store

-Locate your Account Settings in the top right corner of the screen

-Select App Settings

-Turn on the ‘Purchase sign-in' feature

-Go back to the game and try making a purchase once again

Thank you for your patience!

Answers

• inthecabinone
    inthecabinone Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I am on level 3963 and have lost 2 opportunities to spend $$ with you and play the game but it is too hard to collect all the tickets and being denied a chance to purchase, tried this morning again to purchase 10 gold bars and could not. Please advise

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,124 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @inthecabinone welcome to the Community

I can’t tell you why you can’t make a purchase with Paypal, sorry. Have you already contacted PayPal if they have an issue or something?

You can try the general troubleshooting and hopefully this will help:

provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache -> not data  that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 1 minute - restart your device - check for game and device updates- log back into the game. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Hope this helps 🍀

• buffy517
    buffy517 Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

would like to purchases and gold bars but it does not permit me to anymore

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @buffy517 and welcome to Soda community!

when you say the game doesn't permit you, does it mean you see a connection error message?

Could you tell me if you see or don't see this connection error message in profile settings of your Soda app? Thanks

If you don't see this error message, please try these steps to see if they help:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here. You can clear cookies/cache of your device. Or clear cache of Soda app directly, if you own Android. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

Let me know if it works 🙂

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello again @buffy517

Is it possible you're experiencing this issue in Soda Windows app downloaded from Microsoft Store on your pc?

thanks

• gamelovr
    gamelovr Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

For more than a week now I've had a full 80 Gold Bar Bank that will not let me redeem. It was disturbing that they decreased the full bank from 100 to 80, but now I can't even get that. I'm an avid player and usually get 3 full banks a week. I guess it's time to save my money and quit the game. They will definitely lose money with me gone!

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @gamelovr and welcome to Soda community!

Do you play on Soda app installed from Microsoft Store on your pc? If not, which device do you use?

When did this issue start more or less? Last couple of days? Several weeks ago?

Do you see a red error message in profile settings in your Soda app saying "there was a connection error, try again in bit?"

Thanks 🙂

• Yosca
    Options

Hello @gamelovr welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you can’t make a purchase 😔. I don't see a Piggy bank in my game anymore so I can't try it out. What kind of notification do you see when you want to buy the gold bars in your Piggy bank? Can you show me a screenshot of what you see?

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

• inthecabinone
    inthecabinone Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited June 2022
    Options

I have not been able to purchase any boosters or redeem tickets for purchases. I am at level 3968 ish please fix and give some

• Yosca
    Options

I have closed your other thread, which is a duplicate of this thread. If you still need help with the same question, you can reply below and not open a duplicate thread 🙂

So we're gathering some more information as we see a similar problem in other players. Could you be playing on the Windows app and want to make your purchase through the Microsoft Store?

Please reply below, thank you 🤗

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?