Help with my team chat

JVO123
JVO123 Posts: 61 Level 2

I can't post messages on my team chat. I don't believe I turned it off but all I get is a bunch of letters already in the place where I write my message. If I try to do anything else a 24 hour clock appears and I can't do anything for a day. How do I get it back to normal?

Comments

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,962 Soda Moderator

That is weird @JVO123 🤔

Did you try troubleshooting:

provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache -> not data  that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 1 minute - restart your device - check for game and device updates - log back into the game. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Hope this helps

• JVO123

No! Give me a real answer. The last time I listened to you I went back to level 1 from 4800, finally back to 1800. Just tell me where and how to check my chat on the team. If you don't know find out and let me know. I can switch teams easy enough if that's an issue.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,962 Soda Moderator

Once you have saved your progress, you should be back at your last levels @JVO123 You will need to log in again using the same credentials. If you don’t find your progress back, you can contact Player Support so they can restore it manually.

To contact Player Support, if you happen to play on mobile:

Open the game app —> tap on the blue gear

- Tap on the ? mark

- Tap on “my game progress”

-  Tap on “the progress I made isn’t showing in my game”

- Scroll down to the bottom and tap  "Contact Us"

If you don’t play on mobile or Windows app, you can contact Player Support Team HERE. Choose topic “problems with my game” , choose subtopic “game didn’t save”.Describe briefly your complaint, and don’t forget to mention your Game ID, how to find: HERE

Thanks

• JVO123

I no longer care. I have started over, it's fine..it happened it's over. Now I want a real answer about the chat on my team. When I try to chat I get a whole bunch capitolized G's,F"s,and D"s. When I try to click the chat area nothing happens. As I said before if you don't know just say that and try to put me in touch with someone who does. I hate to sound rude but I went through this same type of thing a few months ago trying to get an answer on not getting rewards and lost everything. I quit playing Candy Crush for the same reason at Level 5000+. There has to be a reason for the chat thing...a setting glitch or something. How can I find it?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,004 Soda Moderator
    edited August 2022

Hello @JVO123,

Even though you'd rather not hear moderators aking you to try troubleshooting steps, it is what we must do in order to understand what's going on in players' game since we cannot take a look ourselves. 🙂

It may be an one-off glitch that can be solved with troubleshooting or a potential bug that cannot be solved with troubleshooting. We cannot tell first if we don't try. But only in the latter case we moderatos are able to move forward with collecting gaming data and sending a problem report to community manager so the problem can be properly looked into and a solution can be found by the Soda Game Studio.

This is why we ask for players' collaboration in trying to understand what's going on in their games.

Troubleshooting in a game correctly connected to King servers shouldn't cause progress loss but I understand it may happen in some rare cases which is why Player Support can rectify this unfortunate event

I understand you'd rather not test troubleshooting and this time I won't insist since luckily another player reached out to community and fully reported a similar problem to this one.

But still, I'd kindly ask you the favour to share your gaming details as well since this is not a well known issue yet. This way I can pass them on the community manager in case they're needed in the investigation

• what device do you use? (make and model)
    • what is your game user ID? (to find this unique number, tap twice on the King logo you see in Soda app profile settings. More infos here)
    • what is the latest version of Soda app installed in your device?

thank you

• JVO123

Running Windows 11 on a HP desktop no idea as to the model. Game user IDis 13504225591. Whatever soda app that was available in May of this year when I began from level 1 from 4800+ after following instructions to solve another silly issue and a bunch of requests for feedback.

• CrazyCatMomma
    CrazyCatMomma Posts: 22 Level 2

I, too play on my desktop and the same thing came up when I went to chat. I thought I had somehow done it and tried backspacing. When that didn't work, I just by chance started typing what I wanted to type and the random letters went away and my chat started filling in. Try that and see it it works. Good Luck. Just for reference, the random letters are still there this morning. They are gfdsgdfsgdfsgfd. Strange.

• JVO123

Never got an answer to my chat issue, but hopefully we can resolve 2 issues now. Chat issue still there. Now my teams point total is not rising above 360 even though my teammates and I are scoring points. If you need my ID#... simply look at the above thread from previously,

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?