Why do I have to "become friends with Jimmy" after every single round since yesterday?

Options
MissDolittle
MissDolittle Posts: 7 Level 2

That is not only super annoying but also gets stuck ever so often that I have to close the entire game.

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,046 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @MissDolittle I’m sorry to hear this. Do you see the request after playing a level or do you see it when you open 4 in a row?

I had this in 4 in a row, but when I turned my device (iPad) to portrait it was gone 😅

If you keep seeing it you could try this: provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache -> not data  that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 1 minute - restart your device - check for game and device updates - log back into the game. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

If it still persists and you have Social Hub, you could accept the request. Then after playing a level go to your Social Hub, open your friends, find Jimmy and unfriend him.

Hope this helps 🙂

• MissDolittle
    Options

Thank you for the reply!

The friend request comes up first when I open the game and hit Play and then after every round, if I won it or not. I had actually deleted the entire game a few times, powered the iphone off and then reinstalled it. Same thing. I accept that friend request every single time. I am on round 7909, so I am not that new and this is the first time I actually encounter what I consider a serious bug :).

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,046 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi again @MissDolittle 🙂

So what you're saying is that even though you accept the friend request, you see the same friend request after each level? Do you accept the friend request and then unfriend him? Or do you just accept? Do you see 'Jimmy' in your friends list?

Did you do the above troubleshooting from my previous comment? This can often resolve issues.

If this didn't solve anything I need a little more info:

• What device do you play on? Make and model
    • Which version of the game do you have?
    • What is your Game ID? Tap or click HERE how to find
    • Can you show me screenshots? How to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

• MissDolittle
    Options

Thank you again! I received the new iPhone 14 yesterday and so far so good. There must have gone something wrong on the old iPhone. If it happens again, I'll provide more details.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?