it seems that i cant synchronize my candy crush soda progress on my laptop and desktops? any advice

Options
jasonfong
jasonfong Posts: 3 Newbie

please advise how to synchronize progress of candy crush soda on my 3 computers using windows 10 ?

Answers

• stan1981
    stan1981 Posts: 3,418 Legend
    Options

Wow? U got 3 computers !!! U using Facebook for all? Sync is not real time, u will see a lag ...

• jasonfong
    Options

what is the usual lag time? sometimes it takes days or weeks to syn the progress. any shortcut to activate the process?

• jasonfong
    Options

what is the usual lag time? it may take days or weeks before syn occurred. just wonder if there is any shortcut key to activate the process.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options

We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Soda Saga forum.

You can of course sync the game on multiple devices and the method is very simple. The game will sync if you log in through the same Facebook or Kingdom.

You can follow this steps.

• Rab123
    Rab123 Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options

For the last couple of months on the Win10 App on a PC, any progress I make above the highest level released to all other platforms, my Avatar is not synch'd to my Laptop or any other Win10 device.

For example this week they released up to level 5680 on Android, IoS and Kindle but on Win10 they released up to 5740 on the Win10 App. King call these Win10 episodes - "pre-release".

If I play and complete 5681 on my PC, when I open the app on my Laptop, 5681 shows as incomplete but when I click as if to start the level it shows that I have completed it and shows the high score that I just achieved on the PC.

Pre-release or not they should still sync between Win10 devices. I raised a ticket with King 5 weeks ago and this is still work in progress after tons of emails, screenshots and system restores with my FB login and a new King login, I am no further forward.

Need your help to prove this is an issue as King say I am the only person reporting it....If you use a Win10 device and have progressed above the highest level released of the other Apps (5680 this week), then IF you have another Win10 device please use Soda on this and hopefully you will see the same symptoms - then please report this.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Rab123 Hi, i am nowhere near the last level on soda but i am on saga and i always play the preleased versions so my mobile and device and Facebook just sync to last available levels. i do know before i started playing the pre-release windows 10 app i used to always get problems with sync sometimes unless i left it a fair few minutes to allow it to sync or sometimes i had to restart my device for the sync to kick in.

Although not great i do not think much can be done in this case, but if your issue is different then i would not be sure. Not seen any other reports of this though

• Rab123
    Options

Freddy, Thanks for reply but sync does not occur - ever. Every Friday when they release a new episode my Avatar on my other Win10 devices moves up 45 levels without fail and the scenario starts all over again. Groundhog day.

Even when Support asked my to create a King account from scratch (I normally use FB) and they restored me to 5480, the same thing happened. Problem as I see it, is that the system can only restore and function within normal parameters below the pre-release level, so anything they do is within the confines of level 1-5680 (this week), anything above that you are on your own, no backup and no way to restore progress from 5681-5720 even if you have a video or screenshot as proof - King cant do a thing.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Rab123 Hi as far as im aware everything on the windows 10 app version of the game should be backed up on kings servers, so any problems you should not have to worry about back up. Strange as do not know with soda as not on last levels but always options on getting levels restored and would have thought support would just restore your level, the problem arises with gold bars and boosters

• Rab123
    Options

Kenny,

Sorry but you are wrong. Straight from the horses mouth - King can only restore to the highest release level.

For more than a month, this is all they can and have done. Every week I have completed all 60 pre-release levels and sent screenshots etc, so King acknowledge that part.

Last Thursday night I was at level 5695 on my main PC and 5635 on all other devices, they did a global restore to 5680 on Friday when the new episode was released. That's the best they can do and I agreed to the restore to try to help them fix the glitch, so I lost 15 levels and Groundhog Day started again..

Point to note and as you correctly state, scores and progress are indeed in the backend database server farm but here is the proof and details the real issue.

When they restored my account all my previous levels from 1-5680 were reset to 2 stars and a crap score of 10,000 but all my scores above level 5680 remained as they were before the restore! So when I click on a level that I haven't completed on the restored map I see a high score that I did the week before. Proving that their tool set can only manage, restore and control up to the cross platform release level, anything above this is outwith the parameters of their scripts and can't be touched (at the moment). They do not have a sub routine or process that applies only to Win10 apps, its cross platform or nothing (at the moment).

You would think King support would get two windows devices and try to reproduce this but alas after 5 weeks of pushing them to do this, no joy. Maybe they have.... and like TSB bank during their online banking upgrade last year, they are keeping quiet and hope no one notices - didn't work too well for their CEO.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?