Bake a Cake- no rewards/ event disappearing

Comments

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,794 Level 3

Guys, I understand your indignation.

But think again about the idea you're discussing. You say that everyone should participate in baking the cake.

The team consists of 12 people. And if one player doesn't want to bake a cake, then what should the other 11 people do?

The cake will not be baked. And nobody will get prizes.

You cannot approach the solution of the problem so radically.

I hope that a more balanced option will be proposed and implemented.

If I misunderstood you, I'm sorry.

• Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited January 2021

Hey Team LOL Lollipops, I may learn to bake a cake yet! 😀

Several hours ago I did not have the cake

Tickled pink! 😁

• Crazyforfun
    Crazyforfun Posts: 141 Level 3

I didn’t get this event for the pst 3 weeks, even though my team members got it and baked cake. I don’t get rewards either😔

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    edited January 2021

Hi there, I was just meaning for the first day of the event so that everyone gets a chance to actually see the event before the cake is completed. If one or 2 team mates get to complete it on the first day because of different time zones/ work commitments etc and the others never get it because it’s already done. On the 2nd day it can be as you like. I’m not saying everyone should participate but that everyone should get the chance to.

• Sharon_Loose

I’m still getting false messages about bake a cake the cake was baked on Monday

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator

Hi @ElenaVorona the thing is, even the player who doesn't want to bake should be able to win prizes because that's what the event promises to do: it's a team challenge, not individual. and that doesn't work. To be honest, I'd be fine if only active partecipants get to win prizes but that's not the point of the "indignation". Which is (in our case):

• Only "empty/incomplete cake" status makes the event visible in the game.
    • The complete cake doesn't allow the feature "Bake a cake" to appear to the rest of players in the same team. It should do that, especially if the feature is scheduled to be active for 4 days.

Instead, this is what usually happens: 2-3 players in lucky situations/timezones see the cake as soon as it appears, they complete it in a few hours, they get the prizes and then the cake vanishes. Good on them but the rest of active players will not be able to see the event itself, only crumbs of it: they'll get belated messages of the cake saying it's there to bake, Olivia's misleading messages in chat but they won't get the actual cake because they opened the app a few hours too late. How is this fair? 🤣

This is how it should work:

• the cake, complete or not, should be still visible for all team mates at least once in those 4 days.
    • players should be able to race and finish the cake but then all active team mates should get the prizes if they open the game in the allotted time, in true team spirit of the event
    • if the event is not supposed to work this way, then it needs to clarify its purpose or mission.😆

Since this doesn't happen yet, Sharon's temporary solution is good. all players should be given a chance to open the app and trigger the event by seeing the incomplete cake/passing a level in the first 24 hours.

Until the Studio releases a permanent fix for this elusive cake 🤷‍♀️

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,794 Level 3
    edited January 2021

Hello everybody.

I wanted to answer each of you first. And then I decided to just write, as I see "Cake". I've written before what I don't like or what I want. Now I will try to summarize my thoughts.

1. We are a team of 12 people.

2. We have a team game. This means that together we strive for the goal, and together we receive prizes for achieving the goal.

And regardless of who did how much to achieve the goal, we all in the team receive the same prizes from the chests.

3. Cake is also a team game.

And regardless of who did how much to achieve the goal, we all in the team should receive the same prizes from this cake.

4. I don’t understand why the developers call “Cake” a team game, but in fact this is not true.

Most of the players on the team do not receive prizes.

5. If the developers decided to create a "team within a team" and distribute prizes only to those who are engaged in baking the cake.

What did you guys come up with?

If you didn’t bake the cake, you won’t get prizes. But we are a TEAM. We all work for a common result. And the result should be general. Is not it so???

You development guys amaze me. At least tell the teams that the cake will appear on a certain day and at a certain time. Maybe someone can change their life schedule to play this mini-game. Although for many it is difficult or unrealistic.

6. This mini-game is limping in both legs. Serious revision required.

7. If I see a cake, I play. Why don't I do this?

If a player of our team is online at this time, he will receive a prize. If the player is offline, he will not receive a prize.

And in an hour, for example, I will pass out ... And I will not get anything.

Guys, improve this mini-game.

This is a good idea. But the idea is still very crude.

I want these games to be not one game a week that can be played by two people in an hour, but many, many similar games. This would be very interesting for most players.

I think this is also in King's interests.

• laydeebae
    laydeebae Posts: 68 Level 2

@Pitty_Kitty @Sharon_Loose

I agree with you guys. Cause I encounter the same problem. I've been missing out on the cake for the past few weeks. Usually it comes out at a time where I'm unable to play it. So when I login the game later the day. The cake is finished by other players already.

The only way to be able to play it (for now), is to communicate with the team and ask them to bake only 1 piece or so, or try to leave the cake as it is. So that other players have a chance to bake the cake too and win items together.

• Sharon_Loose

Hi everyone, I did get the rewards from the cake yesterday as when I opened the event only one layer of 5 games had been completed by @Werner_Cichy I then tried the next tier but straight away lost my chefs hat, the rest of the cake was completed by 2 more of our team and I got all the rewards I thought it was because I had tried one level but i see as per chat that @Origins7_Dale and Tulina got the rewards even though they didn't play. So hopefully this means the event has been fixed.

• Werner_Cichy
    Werner_Cichy Posts: 29,237 Crushing Legend

@Origins7_Dale

The cake is getting smaller, I have the first piece!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?