Why is my game not connecting to the server

EileenL
EileenL Posts: 8 Level 2

Hi I'm having problems with my game. It won't connect to the server for the last few days. Everything else on my devise is working fine. I have tried everything to no avail Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Answer ✓

@EileenL Hi and welcome, What device are you playing on and are you getting any error messages?

Thank you

• EileenL

I'm playing on android and no not getting any error just telling me it will be saved when I connect to the server

• Freddy_

@EileenL Hi Again Please make sure your game and device is up to date, clear the cache from you app store ( NOT DATA). log out and restart your device and then log back in and see if this resolves your issue

You can also try while in the game disconnecting your wifi for 30 seconds and reconnect to see if this helps or switch from wifi to mobile data to see if this helps

Thank you

• EileenL

I've done all that yesterday and still no good

• Freddy_

@EileenL Hi, Only other thing i can suggest is to try uninstalling and see if this resolves your issue but you would LOSE any stored BOOSTERS and LIVES. Other than that you can try customer support to see if they can help with your issue, but you seem to have done all the standard troubleshooting tips

Thank you

• EileenL

I could do that but I would lose my progress I have done over 4000 levels and I don't want to start from the begining

• Freddy_

@EileenL Hi Again, if your game has been saved with a King or Facebook account your levels and gold bars should be safe and if something did go wrong there are ways to get your levels restored.

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3

Having problems with the server issues - I have to restart several times and go to "home" and back a few times to connect.

Please don't suggest the usual uninstall/reinstall/clear cache guff, this is on both Android phone and Windows 10 PC (both are up to date) so the only common point is at the King servers.

• Butterly
    Butterly Posts: 14 Level 2

Hello.

I have got the same problem as Bricorn. Candy Crush Soda Saga always says that it couldn´t connect to the server. The levels progress although and my gold is still correct, but many other things are confused and not working most of the time.

I´ve already cleaned the cache of the game, restart the mobile, restart my WLAN/Wifi, disconnect from facebook and reconnect again. But nothing helps.

In my friends list there are also a lot of people I don´t know and who haven´t been there before.

The most annoying thing ist that I lost my ranking in the quest "Bärenrauferei". I was on the first place with 320 points and now I should start from the beginning with no points.

Please fix it shortly, because in this way it doesn´t make a lot of fun to play the game.

Thanks.

Sonja

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,004 Soda Moderator
    edited February 2021

Hi @Bricorn 😃

I agree, I'd also suggest to repeat the troubleshooting steps many times first. Uninstalling should be the very last resort, as Freddy said.

I also have been having this kind of issue lately. I see other players are involved too. So for now I wait for the game studio to fix it. Hopefully soon.

In the meantime @Bricorn , clearing cache does help. But if you can solve temporarily this issue without clearing cache, then good for you 😃

I have to clear cache of the Android app so I can temporarily solve these connection issues. Sometimes these steps:

• opening and closing the app/going from map to homepage/switching on and off internet/restarting device/ passing a level

work for me but sometimes they don't.

• So I clear cache, restart the device and pass a level.

When everything loads again the server error is gone for a while. Unfortunately, I have to repeat everything again. 😪

Clearing cache doesn't mean clearing data. With the first one you don't lose anything but with the second one you lose boosters.

You can clear cache on Android and on iOS but you can't do that on w10 app. On w10 app there's only the "clear data" option.

(To clear cache on Android: please visit device Settings - open "Apps" - open Soda - click "Storage" - click "clear cache")

Hope this helps 😃

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?