Impossible to pass new levels without Gold Bars or Boosters

Options
Claudia_Schapiro
Claudia_Schapiro Posts: 15 Level 2
edited March 2021 in Discussions

Level 6203 requires knocking out 152 tiles in 23 moves. Less than one year ago level 6203 required the player to knock out 76 tiles in 32 moves. Exact same thing happened in 6198 and other levels...since King supposedly improved the game. They took away the ability to earn bars (without purchase) and to earn good boosters. I’d guess that compared to one year ago they’ve taken away 75% of our ability to earn boosters. In addition to that they’ve doubled the difficulty in many levels as referenced above.

King has made these changes counting on the players addiction to the game to increase their profit. I imagine they are taking full advantage of covid lock down and player’s boredom.

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,778 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome to our friendly community

I'm at King.com myself and I can help you better. A question. Are you playing the PC version or a Window 10 app or a mobile device? Because there are differences. I don't buy anything either. I have all 3 available. I mostly play on the Android tablet and then the Window 10 app and I'm making good progress. Please come back and then we could have a better conversation and I could help you.

Thank you + have a nice day

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @Claudia_Schapiro !

There are different ways to earn Gold Bars to use in your game, and not all of them are by purchasing. Certain events and features give you Gold bars and boosters.

Another option is participating in our Community Competitions HERE

Stay tuned because there are more competitions to start next week where you will be able to win a lot of Shiny Gold Bars! 🤗

• Claudia_Schapiro
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello @Spinnifix

My aggravation is with the game I play on my iPad. They have taken away the episode races and every other way to get free bars on my iPad version (I play on it regularly.) My iPhone version still gives all kinds of boosters and bars and it has the same operating system.

What truly has me fuming is the change in multiple levels where they’ve doubled the requirements to pass a level, without increasing moves. In many cases they’ve lowered the moves. It’s deceitful behavior on Kings part. I say that because it’s very hard to pass these levels without buying 10 bars to get more moves.

Thank you.

• Claudia_Schapiro
    Options

Hello @LadyRaffie,

The episode races are now gone on my iPad game. That was the only way left to get free bars. However, I do get reminders saying “the more you spend, the more you earn”. I earned four bars at the beginning year because I was spending money to win.

Every time, King says “exciting new ways to win are coming” they take something away. For nearly 6 years this game has been fun. It’s become more and more frustrating since King took away the candies in February 2020. Later in the year, they began altering levels, doubling difficulty, without increasing moves and in some cases lowering the moves.

Thanks.

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options

What game are you playing please? This forum is for Soda Saga and one year ago the top levels were far below 6203, I think we only hit 6000 about Christmas.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?