Candy Crush Soda randomly crashing on mobile version

Options
planettv
planettv Posts: 48 Level 2
edited March 2021 in Support

I decided that I would play Candy Crush Soda on the mobile version in addition to king.com. The other day I was playing on the mobile, and it kept randomly crashing. It even did it when I played for little bit on the mobile Sunday night. It doesn't do this with Pet Rescue Saga, Alpha Betty (both mobile only) and Diamond Digger (mobile and king.com) so what could be the problem?

Best Answer

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,125 Soda Moderator
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @planettv I have asked about your game and the reason why your game is crashing could be because of the age of your device 😔. Every update to the game needs a lot of data and maybe Soda needs more data than your other King games. Your iPad has iOS 10.3.3 and we have now for iOS 14.4.2.

I am sorry I don’t have other news for you. If you have other devices where you want to continue playing Soda you can use the same King or Facebook account, and you’ll see your gold bars back. Boosters however are only stored in a device, so this means you’ll lose your boosters.

Answers

• MrKizart
    MrKizart Posts: 118 Level 3
    Options

Hi @planettv!

The problem may be the discontinuation of Flash by both Mac & PC- I know that seems small but even with small gaps in animations that no longer play, it's enough to send the browser into a tizzy as it tries to make it function as it once did.

I would highly suggest updating your browser and your iOS while you're at it, to be safe. If that doesn't work, can I ask how old your phone is that you're using? Sadly, sometimes the software outpaces the hardware, and your phone may not have the capability to handle the new updates.

But try these options and let me know which works! Good luck!

• Yosca
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello @planettv I am sorry you experienced the game crashing. Can you please tell me which version do you have from the game? Also, can you give me your game id, so we can take a look at your problem?

To find your game id:

• Open the game app and select Profile.
    • Double-tap on the King logo and voilà, the logo should disappear to reveal your User ID.

Please reply back to us.

• planettv
    Options

It's fine browser side which is where I'm currently playing. Here's the info, so the issue on the mobile version can be looked at.

User ID: 6546340935

Game Version: 1.189.3

iPad iOS 10.3.3

• Yosca
    Options

Thank you for your respond @planettv I can see you have the latest update from the game, but how about your iPad? I am playing on iPad too and my latest software version is 14.4.2 This good be a reason why your game is crashing. Can you check for updates iPad? And what iPad do you use?

• planettv
    Options

10.3.3 is the highest update it will go to. The iPad is one that was my Dad's when he was alive, and after he died my Mom and I ended up sharing it. I think my Dad my have gotten it sometime in either 2011 or 2012. The other three King games I play on there don't crash and play fine, so is this something that can effect certain games but not others?

If need be, I could uninstall it and reinstall it, because I only just started playing on there, so I don't have very many boosters on there yet compared to king.com.

• Yosca
    Options

Hi again @planettv Uninstall and reinstall should be the last solution! Ok I’ll pass this on to the CM. Did you do the common troubleshooting too? 👇🏻

Force closing your apps 

• Double click the Home button to see your open apps
    • Swipe up on all apps which can interfere with the performance of the game

Restarting your device

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the “Power Off” slider appears.
    • Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
    • After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Checking the storage on your device 

Make sure that you have sufficient free storage on your device, we normally recommend having at least 2GB free. 

I’ll get back to you in the meantime please try the troubleshooting and don’t uninstall and reinstall for now.

• planettv
    Options

I did the troubleshooting, but didn't get to play yet, as I decided to do app updates because there was one for Candy Crush Soda. I'll play on the mobile later and see what happens. I should mention that there is about 3.02 GB of space left.

• planettv
    Options

I did get a chance to play today and so far it has crashed on me 6 times, unlike Pet Rescue Saga where it didn't crash at all.

• Yosca
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @planettv I have asked about your game and the reason why your game is crashing could be because of the age of your device 😔. Every update to the game needs a lot of data and maybe Soda needs more data than your other King games. Your iPad has iOS 10.3.3 and we have now for iOS 14.4.2.

I am sorry I don’t have other news for you. If you have other devices where you want to continue playing Soda you can use the same King or Facebook account, and you’ll see your gold bars back. Boosters however are only stored in a device, so this means you’ll lose your boosters.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?